Odd things you just learned.

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2012 Aug 21, 21:42:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

When you learn something you find odd, post it here.

I just learned that awhile exists, and it's different from a while.
They can be uses almost interchangeably, but a while needs a preposition before it, while awhile does not.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Stitchin Time

Leonardo da Vinci created guns.

I love him.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 21, 21:46:55

I love him.

>firearms first made in China, 12th century
>Leonardo made 'em
He invented the sniper apparently.

I just learned that the Chinese made the guns first.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 21, 21:49:13
Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 21, 21:46:55

I love him.

>firearms first made in China, 12th century
>Leonardo made 'em
He invented the sniper apparently.

I just learned that the Chinese made the guns first.

So did I. I stated the da Vinci thing because my bro said he made a revolver or something. Yes, we are gun fanatics, deal with it.

AAA13

I just learned that you are the only person that you know definatly exists, so this entire world and post could be my imagination.

:I
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Darkangel

2012 Aug 21, 22:13:53 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 21, 22:17:26 by Darkangel
That Slenderman JUST wanted 20$. :c
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Stitchin Time

SapphirePony

That if you have something off about you, people will treat you differently  lol while on the internet if you have something off about you, people think your normal and treat you normal.

Darkangel

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Aug 21, 22:23:26
Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Aug 21, 22:13:53

Uh, what? lol

Slenderman 20$ mode. Turn on the mode and when you're close to him 00:10 to 00:23 in this song loops:

It's quite funny. lol
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Lord of Madness

The fact that there are 10 dimensions not just 4.

Book Smarts

Final Fantasy X is coming to the PS3  X3

LaptopCommandStation

2012 Aug 21, 23:17:08 #11 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 21, 23:35:06 by LaptopCommandStation
Beer makes my golf game worse
Beer makes my pool game better  o.O

Edit-Just got a new one

Apparently, the lead singer for matchbox twenty(A band I REALLY LIKE!) is Rob Thomas
Up until this very second, I never liked him as a soloist or with Santana's song, Smooth  o.O

Night Sight

I learned that RD's :3 face is a reference towards a viral video where a baby squishes its own face.  :3 :3 :3

Little Judas

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Aug 21, 22:13:53

He asked me for 3,50$.
Wait a minute...
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Firefly

I have learnt that my brother likes to stick around in my dad's room after dinner  :I
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Chishio Kunrin

There are hidden colors that most people in the world can't see. Colors not of the 6 from the rainbow.

There are rare people who have 4 types of cones in their eyes instead of 3, and they're the ones who can see these hidden colors. Usually, when one of us with 3 cones sees one of these secret colors, our brain can't quite comprehend the information of this secret color that's a mix of two colors, so it ignores one color and displays the other.

For example, there's a mix of blue and yellow, but it's not green. It's just not green. It's kind of a bluish-yellow, maybe. But like I said, those of us who only have 3 types of cones can't see it because our brain ignores one color - in this case, the blue - and shows us the other color - yellow. Scientists have been coming up with tricks to be able to try to see these colors.

There is one "secret" color that the majority of people can see, though. It's called pink. The way color is perceived is different from the way physical pieces of color are mixed in paint and such. The way pink is mixed is red and white, but the way that it is perceived by the eyes is red + purple. There are some people who can't perceive certain shades of pink.

This explains that annoying moment when you see pink, but someone else calls it purple!! They can't help it! Their eyes just can't see the pink! There's too much purple in it, so their brain ignores the red part!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

SapphirePony

I learned, that spiders can be coming off a wall and ceiling fan and keep both intact while the fan is spinning. If you brake the one from the wall, it will still stay on the ceiling fan while it was spinning so, spiders are evil beings that can manipulate fans.  :I

Lord of Madness

Quote from: SapphirePony on 2012 Aug 22, 10:31:41
I learned, that spiders can be coming off a wall and ceiling fan and keep both intact while the fan is spinning. If you brake the one from the wall, it will still stay on the ceiling fan while it was spinning so, spiders are evil beings that can manipulate fans.  :I

O3O My taranchula LOVES to sit on my face as I sleep. He just loves me a lot... or he is farting... ether way he is not evil e3e

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Aug 22, 10:56:24
Quote from: SapphirePony on 2012 Aug 22, 10:31:41

O3O My taranchula LOVES to sit on my face as I sleep. He just loves me a lot... or he is farting... ether way he is not evil e3e

Okay now I'm worried.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

I know there was a topic about this occurring in cats, but meet Chimera kitteh!

Didn't think it could get so seeable and at the same adorable  :3

Go Up