The new Pixar film.

Started by Morgan Sententia, 2012 Jun 08, 13:11:07

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Morgan Sententia

Lary

... Seriously?

Can Pixar do no wrong? Ever? Seriously, no studio can be this perfect.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Doomguy

I have a feeling this is going to be one of their first fails. I originally thought it was going to be some sort of mockumentary about video game characters and their lives in the games, to be honest.

Pa_Kalsha

With Brave coming out in a couple of months, I think this is just a Disney movie. Mind you, since they acquired Pixar, the quality of their 3D features has improved considerably. Bolt was awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing this one.
Thanks for the link :D
Pinkie Pie got a job in a clock factory - she spent all day making faces

www.cheerfulomelette.co.uk

Lary

Quote from: Doomguy on 2012 Jun 08, 15:29:01
I have a feeling this is going to be one of their first fails. I originally thought it was going to be some sort of mockumentary about video game characters and their lives in the games, to be honest.

Cars 2 was their only real bad film.
Conspiracy theory says it was bad on purpose.

McSleuthburger

2012 Jun 08, 16:22:11 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 17, 12:50:53 by McSleuthburger
I feel this one could succeed very much just for the fact they can make so many difference popular video game references and people will want to see disney's interpretation of their favorite game
though I could also see it for the same reason do not so well
but overall I dont really see this game being a total flop either way

also I dont think this is Pixar, it is Disney but im not sure if pixar is working on this or not
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Ryo_D_Disk

want to see NOW but also worried about the subject matter for a few tiny mistakes can have gamers up in anger or the see games are violent argument back

Doomguy

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 08, 15:39:38

I think that one was supposed to pull in more cash just for the hay of it. Let's just hope Pixar doesn't start shooting out bad movies on a regular basis.

Sea Foam

I haven't been excited, let alone interested, in a new movie for years.

Finally, something remotely creative!

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Lary

Quote from: Doomguy on 2012 Jun 08, 16:30:24
I think that one was supposed to pull in more cash just for the hay of it. Let's just hope Pixar doesn't start shooting out bad movies on a regular basis.

The whole reason Cars 2 was made bad on purpose was because expectations were too high at the time. The last movie they made was Toy Story 3. Standards had to be lowered. Cars was the perfect target because that's a merchandise-driven movie. Even if it's bad, kids will still buy the toys.

It's win-win for Pixar.

Doomguy

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 08, 17:10:41
Quote from: Doomguy on 2012 Jun 08, 16:30:24

The whole reason Cars 2 was made bad on purpose was because expectations were too high at the time. The last movie they made was Toy Story 3. Standards had to be lowered. Cars was the perfect target because that's a merchandise-driven movie. Even if it's bad, kids will still buy the toys.

It's win-win for Pixar.
That's because many kids don't really care if a movie's not good, and I should know because I've seen it first hand. I suppose you're right about the Cars 2 dilemma, but I still think this one won't be terribly good mainly because it's a video game movie and it's troublesome to bring those to the big screen. In all honesty, I think a mockumentary would have been a better move because you really can't mess up a fake documentary... At least not as bad as the majority of video game movies.

Dr.Insaneoats

Uh...not to rain on anyone's parade, but this was not created by Pixar. This was created by Disney's Animation Studio. Pixar is a separate company from Disney, Disney just owns them as a Subsidiary. 

hyper drive [HD]

Book Smarts

That actually looks like a decent movie from Disney worth watching!  :D

Cutiebone

Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Deviant

So many familiar bad guys  :3

Book Smarts

The streetfighter characters were spot on,

I am zengeef, I am bad guy  lol

PrincessParfait

I never cared for Pixar movies much, but I'm hoping Brave will be the first. <3
Maybe I'll like Wreck it Ralph too. I doubt it though u___u

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 08, 15:39:38

lol

The Mysterious Artist

The movie doesn't look bad at all. I will maybe watch this.

Go Up