Have two or more adult stallions ever held a conversation?

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2013 May 01, 13:06:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Ebony Inkwell on 2013 Jul 10, 12:06:34
Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 May 01, 16:22:40
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 May 01, 13:06:36
No wonder females run everything.

Maybe the males are doing everything in the background and the females are there just to keep up appearances...

Recently I watched a video by DigiBrony on youtube about the stallions and how they never seem to appear in pony society. What he said was somewhat like this: Since Ponyville is mostly farmland, most stallions would be out working the fields most of the time, or helping with the weather. If you notice during Winter Wrap Up, Hurricane Fluttershy, and the parade scene from the Babs Seed episode, there are plenty of stallions. Focusing more on Winter Wrap up and the parade scene, these are holidays, when most males would not be out working.

As for the main question of this conversation, I do not think two adult stallions have ever held a conversation, except for possibly in the background, but this does not mean there is no representation of males in the show.
"Nopony likes our cider!  Next town?"
"Next town."
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Jack_Daft

Quote from: paintypalette on 2013 Jul 05, 02:00:20
The simple answer: it's a little girl's show. I think from time to time you guys tend to forget who the orginal target audience is...

You certainly pinned the tail on the pony with that one. Props to you.

The MLP universe is more female dominated and is a general matriarchal society. I really don't think male ponies are held in "less" regard nor considered less of a citizen in the grand scheme of things, they just don't have traditional patriarchal roles in most civilizations since the dawn of man.

I often see a few Bronies and folks on Reddit and Facebook cry  D: MEN'S RIGHTS D: like they're entitled or something because girls don't like them and the reason why they're not successful is because of the plight of the white man.

Before I go off on an autistic rant, I'm just going to end this on the golden rule. It's a cartoon geared towards the young girl demographic that happens to have many positive female influences and role models.

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Go Up