Started by Shadow Storm, 2013 Apr 02, 12:43:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shadow Storm

2013 Apr 02, 12:43:42 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 17, 19:40:52 by Shadow Storm
Name: Shadow Storm
Race: Pegasus
Colours: Midnight grey hair, neon green mane
Appearance: Average height, somewhat lanky. His mane is short due to his military service, but during some special flights his mane may be spiked into a mohawk. Typically wears a uniform and is almost always wearing aviator sunglasses.

Biography:

Born in Cloudsdale to two pegasi, Shadow Storm was the youngest of three siblings. After graduating from school, Storm joined the Equestrian Armed Forces, pursuing a career as a combat aviator. This led to Storm severing ties with his family, as the colt's political and personal differences and beliefs did not match with theirs, and his choice of career caused friction.

After basic training in Trottingham, Shadow attended Northplace Military Academy in Trottawa. It was here that Storm proved his resolve and determination to fly, as was given his officer's commission. After graduation, Shadow as moved around from Squadron to Squadron, before finally being permanently placed with 49th Squadron in Canterlot.

(Non-Legends of Equestria Canon Below)
Spoiler: show
After flying a few demos, and supporting the 101st Squadron (the Wonderbolts) in one of their early shows, Storm caught the attention of Equestrian Special Operations Command and, in particular, Captain Spitfire. For the next month, Shadow was evaluated in secret by ESOCOM, after which they invited Storm to a 'tryout' for the Wonderbolts. After failing horribly on the tryout course, mostly due to hubris and pushing himself too hard, Shadow returned to his squadron, discouraged.

To his surprise, he was ordered to pack his things and head out, being now an official member of the Wonderbolts. After initial SpecOps training, Storm was given a new callsign, "Hotshot"; an joke name referring to his terrible results during the initial tryout (Storm later learned that he was already selected prior to the tryout).

Storm went on to serve with the 101st for a few years, flying various demos and air shows around Equestria. With the eruption of the Chrysalid War, however, everything changed.

Flying various classified missions, Shadow proved himself time and time again in combat, until a fateful day on REDACTED of REDACTED. While flying reconnaissance over REDACTED, Shadow Storm, along with REDACTED "Soarin'" REDACTED, and REDACTED "Misty" REDACTED, were downed by enemy combat air patrols. Hotshot and Misty were captured, with Soarin' evading capture, and returning to base.

After spending REDACTED hours in an enemy PoW camp set up in REDACTED, Misty and Hotshot were rescued by Captain Spitfire, who disobeyed orders from a superior in order to rescue the two captured pegasi.

Due to the nature of the operation, Hotshot and Misty, along with Spitfire, were blamed for inciting further discontentment among the Chrysalids and negatively affecting diplomatic ties with the Empire. As a result, Storm was transferred to November AFB outside of Appaloosa.

During his stay at November, a renewed Chrysalid movement nearby was noticed. Due to the lack of infrastructure at November, and inability to communicate with command securely, Storm was tasked to fly to Canterlot to inform command of the impending attack.

For the full continuation of the story, read A Shadow Rising on FanFiction.net.

(LoE Canon below)
Psych Profile:

Shadow Storm comes from a relatively normal background, but has had several major events that have caused his personality to warp and change greatly. From an early age, Storm was fascinated with military history and technology. In his later childhood years, he soon began to realize his true purpose in life, and began planning to join the Forces in secret. This has caused Storm to be enormously secretive about his life, his feelings, and his thoughts. Storm also began realizing the faults of his parents in his early adulthood, and quickly began to feel less and less in common with his family members. These key events, combined with his generally serious, cynical outlook on life has formed a quiet, valourous warrior on the outside, while creating a flimsy, unstable wreck on the inside.

Notes:

Shadow Storm is based upon the OC featured predominantly in William Sable's A Shadow Rising and it's subsequent sequels. I have obtained full permission from Sable, as he is me, to use this OC.

Also, the spoiler tags just indicated the non-canon back-story that has yet to happen in Shadow's life. Any thoughts would be great.
"Vengeance and betrayal are not in a soldier's vocabulary."

"....Shadows never die."

- Shadow Storm

Gracie Sky

Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Shadow Storm

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2013 Apr 02, 19:52:19
REDACTED

What does this mean?

REDACTED

When something is redacted, it has been censored by something or someone. Anything redacted is redacted by ESOCOM to preserve the safety of their officers or ensure the safety of future operations.

AKA, I don't want to edit the source material too much/haven't written to that point :3
"Vengeance and betrayal are not in a soldier's vocabulary."

"....Shadows never die."

- Shadow Storm

Dark Hooves

interesting

nice job there Shadow Storm I'm sure this will liven up some of the RPs
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Seriack

REDACTED

Makes me think of SCP... Cool OC, btw. Hopefully you'll be able to join us down in the RP area! X3
[move][/move]
Thanks Soriku for the Pixel Poneh!
My OC's((Only one so far))
"Let me carry your burdens"

Go Up