Julius

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 01, 15:19:54
Quote from: Mr. Gency on 2014 Oct 01, 04:18:20
Frame rate drops on console games.

That's a thing!?!?!

Have you not been to Blighttown in Dark Souls? lol
Purr~

Chack

I LITERALLY can't play anything online. Oh sure, I figure out how to use a router as a Wi-fi adapter to boost the signal, but the ping and download speed are still awful.
Wait for it...

Midnight Breeze

Ahri

Bad ports to pc.

Cough dead rising cough.

Bad servers.

Cough destiny cough.

Disappointing expected GOTY blockbusters.

^^^^^
please don't attempt to message me, I don't want to be anyone's friend on here.

Peace Keeper

When you know you are good in a game and lose to a very simple mistake.

Spoiler: examples • show

Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chack

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Oct 05, 16:20:41
Spoiler: examples • show

EVERY. TIME.
This is why I can never beat a Mario game.
Wait for it...

Peace Keeper

Never beat a Mario game?
Wow, I never met someone who can never beat a game of Mario.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chack

2014 Oct 08, 21:01:46 #1968 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 08, 21:03:35 by Chack
Well, I suck. The only game I actually had the patience AND had to put effort into to beat was Sonic Advance 3, the only Sonic game I could get more than 2 Chaos Emeralds in Special Stages, let alone all 7. Took me 10 years to beat that one. Granted, I put it down for a LONG time, but still, 10 years.
Wait for it...

Peace Keeper

NOBODY should suck at Mario. It just takes time. Took me about 3 years to beat Super Mario World and 4 years to beat Super Mario 64. To completely beat the game took me almost 10 years.

Chack

2014 Oct 09, 15:22:28 #1970 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 09, 15:25:10 by Chack
Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Oct 08, 21:17:48
NOBODY should suck at Mario. It just takes time. Took me about 3 years to beat Super Mario World and 4 years to beat Super Mario 64. To completely beat the game took me almost 10 years.

Well, here I am. A guy that sucks at Mario. And most platformers. And RPGs. And FPSs. And strategy games. And board games (except for maybe checkers).
My best friend and his dad have always been good at Mario. Any time I play Mario games with them, I die really quickly or get left in the dust. Mario Kart is evil to me.
Wait for it...

Peace Keeper

That is my first time meeting someone who isn't good at almost any video game.
I pity you.

Ramisha

That moment when you assault somebody's fanily/steal from them/do something bad and they confess their love for you moments later...
awkward

Dark Hooves

I think you haven't found the game type your are good at, every person is good at different things. Even video games, perhaps trying some games that you don't play often, you might find the type that you are really good at.

Mine is Armored Core games, the very first time playing an armored core game, it was like I was a natural at the game, sure i had some flaws, but over time my skills have improved to the point where i am unbeatable, I have even taken on 5 ACs at one time and came out of the battle without a scratch on my AC. A fantastic achievement which clenched the idea of me being either one of the best, or "the" best armored core pilot.
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Chack

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Oct 09, 17:35:17
That is my first time meeting someone who isn't good at almost any video game.
I pity you.

I mean, I like video games a lot and I've played quite a few in my time. Though I don't think I have any games that are particularly BAD 'cause I always wait 'till someone says somethin' good about it (except for Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Unleashed. Those two made me flip a lid).
It may have somethin' to do with not having any of the older gaming consoles for the longest time. I very recently got a Super Nintendo and some games, but the only one I've managed to beat so far was Super Metroid, and it took me over 11 hours cumulatively over the course of a month. That was WITH walkthroughs. I couldn't imagine playing that game back then without a walkthrough. I got stuck so many times... I didn't even die that often, comparatively.
Mega Man X, on the other hand, is INCREDIBLY difficult for me. I've only beaten 4 bosses right now and I can hardly get through any level without dying/enough health to face another boss, and I don't have enough time to memorize their attack patterns in order to avoid them and NOT have them wreck me.
I haven't even gotten past the 1st world in Super Mario World. Admittedly, I haven't been playing it that often.
Whenever I go to my best friend's house, I dread the moment he picks a Mario Kart game to play with me. I love the guy to death, but I'm not having fun if I'm not even a challenge to him. Even his little brother, who is 8 years younger than him, is just as good at those games as he is.

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Oct 09, 18:58:22
I think you haven't found the game type your are good at, every person is good at different things. Even video games, perhaps trying some games that you don't play often, you might find the type that you are really good at.

Mine is Armored Core games, the very first time playing an armored core game, it was like I was a natural at the game, sure i had some flaws, but over time my skills have improved to the point where i am unbeatable, I have even taken on 5 ACs at one time and came out of the battle without a scratch on my AC. A fantastic achievement which clenched the idea of me being either one of the best, or "the" best armored core pilot.

I suppose, but where do I start? There aren't that many games that I like or have the will to play anymore. I dunno, perhaps you have some suggestion for games?
Wait for it...

Dark Hooves

here is a suggestion, try Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, the game is relatively simple to play all you have to do is figure at how to dodge missiles, avoid SAMs and flak, of course you encounter an occasional laser fired at you, but the game makes it too easy to dodge them
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Ramisha

Do you like RPGs? You could try some if you haven's already e.g. Final Fantasy, The Elder Scrolls, Nier, something else?

Peace Keeper

A game I believe you may never go wrong. Pokemon.

Zsaszz

Chack

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Oct 10, 01:26:10
here is a suggestion, try Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, the game is relatively simple to play all you have to do is figure at how to dodge missiles, avoid SAMs and flak, of course you encounter an occasional laser fired at you, but the game makes it too easy to dodge them

Flying planes in games is kinda difficult for me. The only game I could manage to fly things successfully are in Star Wars Battlefront 2, and even then, those spaceships are pretty awkward for me.

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 10, 03:13:34
Do you like RPGs? You could try some if you haven's already e.g. Final Fantasy, The Elder Scrolls, Nier, something else?

Eh.. I dunno. I tried playing Skyrim, but couldn't get into it. I haven't played any Final Fantasy, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Oct 10, 04:00:34
A game I believe you may never go wrong. Pokemon.

Ah... I'd say I'm pretty okay at Pokemon games. I dunno how I forgot about those. But as of right now, that's all I got.

Quote from: Zsaszz on 2014 Oct 10, 13:01:37
try Dark Souls :ajshifty:

Aw heck no. lol
Wait for it...

Go Up