Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 06, 04:01:18
O: I just noticed my right upper arm is much more muscular than my left upper arm... it's because my right arm is kinda broken and blah blah whatever, I CANNOT UNSEE IT NOW.

Im a meat cutter by trade so my cutting(right) arm is much stronger than my left.
i know the feeling  X3

Nuserame

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Oct 06, 07:57:27
I'm just.. So paranoid it makes it really hard to be friends with people IRL..

When I'm with people hanging out I'm always asking myself doubting questions and falling behind.

Sometimes I'll accidentally look really depressed and someone will ask me if I'm alright and of course I have to answer "Oh. yeah. I'm fine."

I don't know if I have anxiety or just paranoia. It's.. Terrifying.

Once had a paranoid roommate. Its pretty scary stuff even when hes on medication. Nothing like what 'people' generally describe as paranoia. He suspected me of: Making bombs (fixing my bicycle), assassinating him (getting a beer at night), hacking the government (building a PC), making bombs again (ordered a parcel), etc etc... and thats just what he thought about someone he trusted enough to live with.

But im no shrink. Really, go see a proper psychologist. They can be a lot of help and even when it turns out you didn't really need one you at least know theres nothing wrong.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Ahri

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Oct 06, 07:57:27
I'm just.. So paranoid it makes it really hard to be friends with people IRL..

When I'm with people hanging out I'm always asking myself doubting questions and falling behind.

Sometimes I'll accidentally look really depressed and someone will ask me if I'm alright and of course I have to answer "Oh. yeah. I'm fine."

I don't know if I have anxiety or just paranoia. It's.. Terrifying.

Doubting questions?
Falling behind?

What exactly do those even mean...?

And learn how "put on a fake smile"
please don't attempt to message me, I don't want to be anyone's friend on here.

MrEmu

Spoiler: Umm, yeah...Stuff... • show
Everyone in my life teases me so much about the stupidest things but it hurts so much for some stupid reason...
Then because it's a tiny thing they just tell me to get a grip or don't care at all and keep doing it...

And the one thing that keeps me going is now gone...
I feel so alone in the world and my spirits are crushed so hard...
It's hard to be an adorable foal when I'm so depressed that I can't even get out of bed, or so stressed that I can't take anything that's ingested...Even water.

Everyone keeps telling me that this wonderful amazing thing is right around the corner, but I had it...and now I'v been losing it this past month slowly...
I sit here waiting for another amazing thing to come along and it never comes, things just get worse...
The only thing that could help me in move on with my life as well I'm losing...I don't want to spend another 4-5 years here...

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
Well life's throwing salmon at me, and I hate every inch of salmon...

Ramisha

I think you should visit a psychiatrist, save some money and go there it might help you. My friend wanted to go to  a psychiatrist but she never told anyone and then this horrible thing hapenned to her... something bad might happen to you too if it hasn't already. Go.

LostSanity

The fact that I suck at Super Smash Bros. 3DS.

THE CIRCLE PAD IS NOT WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN USED FOR MOVING THE CHARACTERS.

>:/
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Julius

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Oct 06, 17:44:47

I disagree. It's perfect. <3
Purr~

-ReiMar-

Midnight Breeze

Private education. Need I say more? Really, my mom spent tens of thousands of dollars sending me to a private school form 5th to 8th grade. She should have saved her money. I had to beg her to let me go to public high school and I'm glad I got her to cave. State education is about the student and only the student. Private education is about profits first and the student second. The private school I went to cut corners to save money and had fundraising events every 5 minutes to raise more. Yet now my niece is talking about putting money away to fun my great nephews private education...why?

Americans seem to have this preconceived notion that more expensive = better. Guess what...it's not. Private schools follow the same curriculum as public schools, except for religious courses (I went to a catholic school).  The educational value is the same. The only difference is the bill.

You're paying for state education whether you use it or not, anyway. Paying taxes toward state education and then paying for private school would be like paying more toward healthcare in taxes than any other country in the world and still having to buy private health insurance. Oh wait...

MrEmu

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Oct 06, 19:09:37

I'v only played the demo, but I do agree it's needed to be the circle pad.

What annoys me? Everyone having smash bros but me! DD:

Pipkin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Oct 06, 20:04:55
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Julius on 2014 Oct 06, 19:09:37

I'v only played the demo, but I do agree it's needed to be the circle pad.

What annoys me? Everyone having smash bros but me! DD:

I don't either, nor can I be bothered to go get it.

I might be the only person on the planet who doesn't care for it X3

Dark Hooves

i don't care for it either, not really my type of game
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Ahri

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 06, 20:03:58
Private education. Need I say more? Really, my mom spent tens of thousands of dollars sending me to a private school form 5th to 8th grade. She should have saved her money. I had to beg her to let me go to public high school and I'm glad I got her to cave. State education is about the student and only the student. Private education is about profits first and the student second. The private school I went to cut corners to save money and had fundraising events every 5 minutes to raise more. Yet now my niece is talking about putting money away to fun my great nephews private education...why?

Americans seem to have this preconceived notion that more expensive = better. Guess what...it's not. Private schools follow the same curriculum as public schools, except for religious courses (I went to a catholic school).  The educational value is the same. The only difference is the bill.

You're paying for state education whether you use it or not, anyway. Paying taxes toward state education and then paying for private school would be like paying more toward healthcare in taxes than any other country in the world and still having to buy private health insurance. Oh wait...

But it was worse for me since I had to go to a Catholic school...

Peace Keeper

No new announcements on Flipnote 3DS worldwide release date, or ANY of that matter. I'm losing my patience, and I NEVER lose my patience.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chishio Kunrin

When someone has a chronic illness that isn't their fault, and people keep telling them that it is their fault and saying "Maybe if you ate healthier and exercised more, you wouldn't be sick all the time! It's your fault you're always so sick!"

Don't people know that there are illnesses that are not caused by things like unhealthy diet and lack of exercise? Hello?!

I know of someone who's in this very situation.
QuoteAfter a very long wait and many hospital and DR visits later i was diagnosed with ME & Fibromyalgia.

Since then i have been given a strict medication treatment plan as well as management courses to help me deal with this incurable chronic illness.

Prior to that, she had meningitis.
There are people saying that it's her fault for being chronically ill. It is not.
That unhealthy diet and lack of exercise?
QuoteYou mean my complete gluten/wheat/soy/sugar free diet? The one that's filled with green veggies and chicken? Or are we forgetting the yoga and body balance I do three times a week? Or the hospital courses I'm attending..

Seriously, why are people so ignorant when it comes to health? It doesn't help that your general high school health class barely teaches you anything. I've learned more about health on my own and from TV, of all things, than I ever did from my actual high school education!

There are a lot of people who don't know that there is more than one type of diabetes. There's a type that you can have through no fault of your own.

There are people who're really ignorant about allergies, as well. I always say, do not mess with allergies. You never know how severe someone's allergy could be. You especially don't mess with peanut allergies! How are there seriously people who don't know how bad a peanut allergy is? How are there seriously people who don't know that there are peanuts in peanut butter?!!! *Facedesk*

I'm so done with everything right now.
I replaced my earlier post with this one, since the other one was pretty big and was just about something that built up from tiny irritant to actual annoyance. I'm still kinda cranky tonight, and I became sort of upset earlier when I discovered I had accidentally put my clothes on inside out. :I I don't understand how I did that. I was in a well-lit room...
If inside-out clothes are any indication, I'm really off right now. X3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ahri

2014 Oct 07, 01:17:04 #14315 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 07, 04:18:38 by Chishio Kunrin
Uhhhhhh....because being healthy is excruciatingly important? And and being overweight can cause plenty of life-threatening illnesses...and you really don't need a health class, it isn't rocket science to figure out how to be healthy:

1.don't eat fast food or other unhealthy stuff
2.exercise regularly
3.don't do drugs

I don't eat that healthy and I'm still skinny as hecj, however I don't eat fast food anymore because it's absolutely grotesque. And I sure as heck don't exercise and I've never done drugs before.

Got lucky I guess.... 0:)

Dark Hooves

you have a fast metabolism as well
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Oct 07, 01:17:04
Uhhhhhh....because being healthy is excruciatingly important? And and being overweight can cause plenty of life-threatening illnesses...and you really don't need a health class, it isn't rocket science to figure out how to be healthy:

1.don't eat fast food or other unhealthy stuff
2.exercise regularly
3.don't do drugs

I don't eat that healthy and I'm still skinny as heck, however I don't eat fast food anymore because it's absolutely grotesque. And I sure as heck don't exercise and I've never done drugs before.

Got lucky I guess.... 0:)

I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize someone about not eating healthy and not exercising.
I said they shouldn't say "It's your fault" to someone for having a chronic illness that is absolutely not caused by unhealthy eating habits or lack of exercise. People shouldn't just assume that every single illness that exists is solely caused by unhealthy eating and lack of exercise. There are illnesses that people who have completely healthy diets and exercise habits can get!
That was my point.

The example I provided was a young woman who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia that was not caused by an unhealthy life style, and she had been ill with meningitis last year. Meningitis is an infection that can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms, most certainly not poor diet or lack of exercise.
And yet some people have blamed her for having chronic illness, saying "Maybe if you would eat healthy and exercise, you wouldn't be so sick!"
She does eat healthy, and she regularly exercises. :l

I think you should have read my post more carefully.

As for people having a tendency to be ignorant about health...
Like I said in my post, there are people who don't know that there's more than one type of diabetes, and having a horribly unhealthy diet is not the only way you can end up with diabetes. There are people who will criticize and bash other people for having diabetes without first stopping to find out whether or not it's actually that person's fault.
Hey, there are apparently some few people out there who, for some odd reason, think they can "catch" diabetes. o.O

There are also people who horribly underestimate allergies and somehow don't know that some allergies, like peanut allergy, can result in death if not treated immediately.

One of the biggest offenders? People who don't understand how vaccines work and think that things like vaccines, vitamin shots, and booster shots are poison. These people refuse to let doctors administer these shots to their children, which leaves their child's health at serious risk, all because of their ignorance. Not stupidity, ignorance.

There are still people who think simply becoming cold, as in temperature, will give you a cold, as in the illness.
*Sigh* The common cold is caused by a virus, not from you becoming too cold.
And no, antibiotics are not a proper treatment for a cold. You know why? Because antibiotics treat bacterial infections, not viral ones. They don't do a thing against viruses. But there are people who want to give their children antibiotics for every little viral infection they get.

And for goodness sake, people should realize that doctors tell them things for a reason. If your doctor tells you that you should not eat or drink anything after midnight before your surgery, do not eat or drink anything after midnight! Do you think they told you that just to be cruel? No! Don't eat or drink anything before your dang surgery! :I But there are some people who ignore their doctor when told that. Those people are lucky that it's not very professional for a doctor to greet you with "I told you so! >:/"

TL;DR: Basically, I meant the kind of ignorance about health that leads people to do stupid things, bash people when it's not their fault they're sick, and have stupid misconceptions.

Ramisha

I have a great idea; I could sell my paintings, seriously I've seen some people sell pictures a crow could paint with its left claw for 500 kn (that's about 80 dollars for you) so why couldn't I sell mine which are ten times better?
But the problem is - I have nobody to sell them to... I guess I'm going to stay poor

Chishio Kunrin

When I'm just trying to relax, eat, and watch something, but someone or something keeps making me have to pause. That gets frustrating really fast.
Right now, it's my cat Callie. :l Especially since she keeps clawing the carpet. I just now had to yell "Stop!" at her so loudly that she ran away because it was the third time in a row she had done it.

Cat, if you don't listen to me the first time, of course I'm gonna end up yelling so loud that I scare you. :/ Especially if you're making me pause my show literally every few seconds.

Go Up