Staying Home Sick: The Pros and Cons

Started by HerpyDooves, 2013 Apr 09, 13:19:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HerpyDooves

I've had to stay home sick yesterday and today, and I can't even begin to tell you how boring it can be. I do have some pros and cons to this I'd like to share:

Pros:

- I'm not going to school, so... no school. This might be a con to some people though.
- Usually I can catch up on anything I missed (Youtube, LoE forum, Facebook, etc.)
- I didn't do my homework the night before. Gives you a whole day to finish it, really.

Cons:

- If you go to work and not school, and you stay home, you're not making money! 'Nuff said.
- What if you're already caught up on EqD news, regular news, etc., and nothing is on T.V. or anything? Becoming bored only takes seconds.
- If you go to school, you're pretty much looking forward to double the homework the next day.

If you guys have any more Pros and Cons, discuss them! That's what this thread is for. :P

Dark Hooves

pro-get to rest and relax all day

con-have to take awful tasting medicine for your illness
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Pipkin

Well for starters, I was only sick once in the 8 years i've been working(nope, i'm not kidding!)
The one day I was sick, I got sick at work and had to drive myself home before I vomited again :x

So based on that one time and what would happen now if I was to be sick

Pros:
-At my old job I actually had sick days so I didn't lose pay for the 5 hours of work I missed
-I guess if i'm drugged enough I can sleep for a while

Cons:
-Here, I don't have sick days
-When i'm sick, and when I was back then, it would cripple me to the point the ONLY time I could get out of bed was to throw up, so no access to my computer at all.
-Can't eat or drink anything
-I don't have a backup at work so really I can't afford to get sick for my job's sake
-No TV in the bedroom
-There is a 60-70% chance i'll get sick at work
-There is a 95% chance if i'm at work I would have to walk home.....
I'm sure i'd have more cons if I thought about it long enough, there really is nothing good coming out of being sick when you work full-time... :c

Lord of Madness

to me the biggest con is all the makeup work.

Flamestriker

Pros about being sick:
-Day off school or two
-Doing whatever I want in my room
-Given food and drinks in bed

Cons about being sick:
-Double homework, having no idea what happened yesterday at school
-The aweful sick feeling
-Medication. I don't like medication.
-Going to the doctors when you don't want to.
-Not being able to get out of my room. So bo TV and no computer. Makes it quite boring at times.
-(In some cases) having to rush to the bathroom to vomit.

Yep, that's all I can think about.

[move][/move]

McSleuthburger

I never got to stay home from school even when I was sick as a young lad
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

HerpyDooves

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Apr 10, 07:29:38
I never got to stay home from school even when I was sick as a young lad

Was it because of where you lived, or because of your parents?

McSleuthburger

parents when I was small, I was shipped to school no matter how bad I felt
and then anymore I just and get my work done even if im sick because I dont feel like playing catch up
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

HerpyDooves

Yeah, I'm barely ever allowed to stay home. I'm able to stay home for about 2 days each marking period, and I have to go back no matter what. Like what you said, I don't like playing catch up either.

KoalaLover99

Wow, my parents are really lenient with sick days o.O I even get days off when I'm not sick. One I remember was a piano exam at 4:00pm, but I got to leave at midday. In July I'm getting an entire day of for my brothers graduation from university.

Life is good :]

Dark Hooves

Quote from: KoalaLover99 on 2013 May 13, 15:56:58
Wow, my parents are really lenient with sick days o.O I even get days off when I'm not sick. One I remember was a piano exam at 4:00pm, but I got to leave at midday. In July I'm getting an entire day of for my brothers graduation from university.

Life is good :]

you're sooo lucky :P
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Go Up