Introducing Karma!

Started by Liska, 2012 Apr 06, 00:06:41

previous topic - next topic

Keep or remove?

Keep the Karma System
Remove the Karma System
Go Down

Azure Dusk

Yeah, I'm gonna wait to see what problems may or may not arise before judging the system.

PurrpleNova

ya... but even if the system is flawed... i say its the thought that counts!
[move=12][/move]

Liska

I've added a poll to see whether the karma system should be removed or not.

lol

It's interesting, but I still prefer post count ranks. Why not both?

Des Monty

minecraftah

Honestly, I don't think it should matter what you put in, as we are here to talk and  have fun, not gain titles, right?
Commander Shepard and Gabe Newell are bronies. Your argument is invalid.

Des Monty

Quote from: minecraftah on 2012 May 06, 17:00:08
Honestly, I don't think it should matter what you put in, as we are here to talk and  have fun, not gain titles, right?

It's a nice feature though. Wouldn't hurt.

Synic

Based on experience, this is only going to create elitist groups who good karma their friends rather than those who make good posts. It'll be nothing but a silly popularity contest.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Synic on 2012 May 06, 21:20:31
Based on experience, this is only going to create elitist groups who good karma their friends rather than those who make good posts. It'll be nothing but a silly popularity contest.

That's why I'd rather is not be here.
Less from experience and more from logic.
This is merely making/going to make four or five top Karma people, who just karma each other. It less rewards post quality and more rewards being liked.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Liska

Well since karma got brought up again, I'll reset the poll and see what the results are again.
I'd appreciate some thoughtful feedback to support your votes.

Zygrograxgra

Like I said, it's more of a reputation system than a karma system. I'd be fine if it were re-named completely to reputation, but it isn't.
Karma would be earned slowly and through quality posts, the votes monitored by mods and such, each vote with a good reason behind it.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Azure Dusk

I barely use it. I've only given out 2 good votes and one bad vote. The rest of the posts I've seen are kinda average. And I actually have my rep status turned off as well. So if people use it, good. I haven't seen any instances where people got negative treatment for having a low reputation, so I say let it stay.

snarfgsnor

well for what i have experienced and seen around is that the system is barley used at all. lets take me for an example, have given out only good reputaion for very good posted information or helped someone with something, or both. i havent given out bad rep because i dont feel someone have deserved it. if someone desrves bad rep they really had to loose their mind and offended someone.

for a elitist group: nope, it dosent seem like anyone have done that yet. and the karma system have been here for like, i dont know 2-3 weeks now? so far i havent seen some just spam random good karma at someone for the only reason to give karma at all.

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Well this system isn't that bad. A little unusual to me, but pretty good nonetheless.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Synic

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 May 07, 01:58:29

for a elitist group: nope, it dosent seem like anyone have done that yet. and the karma system have been here for like, i dont know 2-3 weeks now? so far i havent seen some just spam random good karma at someone for the only reason to give karma at all.

That'll change especially when the game gets up and running and people start forming groups.

Azure Dusk

I'm not sure that it will change actually. Bronies are remarkable in how readily they accept people different than them.

Dr. Hoofington

Quote from: Azure Dusk on 2012 May 07, 22:09:24
I'm not sure that it will change actually. Bronies are remarkable in how readily they accept people different than them.

You haven't been on the brony side of memebase or funnyjunk lately have you? I refuse to even go to those sites anymore because of how bad it's become there.
That being said you do have a point. The brony community elsewhere seems to be very pleasant people who will accept different people.
On topic: I say leave the system up, at least until the game is up and/or it actually does get abused. Speculation on how it could get abused does not mean that it has and I have seen little evidence of exactly that. To me it seems like a little incentive to post meaningful things on the forums, and is something to work on achieving while we wait for the game. 

Ründo

Did the karma system get disabled... I haven't been able to give karma for a while.
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Dr. Hoofington

I think they've disabled it until they can reach a decision on whether or not to keep it. That would make sense to me at least.

Azure Dusk

Quote from: Dr. Hoofington on 2012 May 07, 22:44:15

You haven't been on the brony side of memebase or funnyjunk lately have you?

On topic: I say leave the system up, at least until the game is up and/or it actually does get abused. Speculation on how it could get abused does not mean that it has and I have seen little evidence of exactly that. To me it seems like a little incentive to post meaningful things on the forums, and is something to work on achieving while we wait for the game.

I go on there daily. A lot of people know others by name on there.

As for the system, a lot of the ratings are kinda messed up right now because of all the posts in roleplay that aren't counted anymore. so a lot of people have a few thousand posts that aren't supposed to count.

Go Up