Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MrSpyro

I have a friend who wants to automate everything possible in minecraft and I'm sick of it. You can playit like a man or you can play it like a Direwolf20...
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Apr 03, 22:24:05
I have a friend who wants to automate everything possible in minecraft and I'm sick of it. You can playit like a man or you can play it like a Direwolf20...

But...achieving a fully automated society is a milestone of success, right?  :c

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 03, 22:37:39
Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Apr 03, 22:24:05

But...achieving a fully automated society is a milestone of success, right?  :c

Yeah. Automating the harvesting of a farm via turning lights off is pretty awesome, you have to admit.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ramisha

Wait. there are lights in minecraft?

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Apr 04, 01:03:46

There are tons of lights, silly! She was referring to powered lighting thought: redstone lamps. You can wire them to turn on and off via switch. Plants require light to grow and will be uprooted automatically if you turn off the lights.

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 04, 01:08:21
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Apr 04, 01:03:46

There are tons of lights, silly! She was referring to powered lighting thought: redstone lamps. You can wire them to turn on and off via switch. Plants require light to grow and will be uprooted automatically if you turn off the lights.

Aaaah. I thought there were some lightbulbs or something like that that same in a new update or something. I used to play minecraft offline when it was free but all I've got now is that stupid demo.

Midnight Breeze

My mom is so paranoid of big cities. Every time I tell her I'd like to move to New Orleans she puts up a brick wall, saying she'd be too worried about me if I went there.

Really, this is 2014. Cities are where all the jobs and opportunities are. Within the next century small towns in America will either step up development and become cities, or die off as all of it's younger residents leave for cities.

This town is headed down the latter path. I'm not staying here forever.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 04, 04:27:09
My mom is so paranoid of big cities. Every time I tell her I'd like to move to New Orleans she puts up a brick wall, saying she'd be too worried about me if I went there.

Really, this is 2014. Cities are where all the jobs and opportunities are. Within the next century small towns in America will either step up development and become cities, or die off as all of it's younger residents leave for cities.

This town is headed down the latter path. I'm not staying here forever.

Where I live is technically considered a city due to its population, but it feels more like a town. It's really hard to get a job here, and the majority of people move to live somewhere else shortly after they graduate high school or college. :I

Me, though, I can't afford to get an apartment of my own, let alone move to another town. Every job I've applied for has turned me down, most often because I have no work experience. 6 months work experience to work a cash register? Really, Best Buy?! >:( That, and I have to and want to take care of my mom. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. X3

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 05, 01:20:12

Where I live is technically considered a city due to its population, but it feels more like a town. It's really hard to get a job here, and the majority of people move to live somewhere else shortly after they graduate high school or college. :I

Me, though, I can't afford to get an apartment of my own, let alone move to another town. Every job I've applied for has turned me down, most often because I have no work experience. 6 months work experience to work a cash register? Really, Best Buy?! >:( That, and I have to and want to take care of my mom. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. X3

Well, my town has a population of 18,000 so I guess it's more semi-urban. The problem is there are more people than there are businesses. It's very hard to get a job because whenever a job opens up you're competing with 50 other applicants for the same position. I've had 3 jobs in my life, all of which I only got because of references.

At the moment I plan to get my pharmacy tech license and work in my hospital's pharmacy for a year or two. That should give me the pharmaceutical experience I need to get a job elsewhere.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 05, 08:17:50

Well, my town has a population of 18,000 so I guess it's more semi-urban. The problem is there are more people than there are businesses. It's very hard to get a job because whenever a job opens up you're competing with 50 other applicants for the same position. I've had 3 jobs in my life, all of which I only got because of references.

At the moment I plan to get my pharmacy tech license and work in my hospital's pharmacy for a year or two. That should give me the pharmaceutical experience I need to get a job elsewhere.

When I was in 12th grade, a new high-end grocery store opened here. Leading up to its opening, I thought "I'm going to apply there" until I started hearing practically every single student at my school saying the same exact thing. We were so desperate to find a job that the moment a new business came in, everyone was on top of it before it even opened.

Ramisha

WHEN THE FORUM blocks me for 5 minutes

Pipkin

2014 Apr 05, 19:00:16 #12491 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 05, 19:02:08 by Pipkin
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 05, 14:46:18
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 05, 08:17:50

When I was in 12th grade, a new high-end grocery store opened here. Leading up to its opening, I thought "I'm going to apply there" until I started hearing practically every single student at my school saying the same exact thing. We were so desperate to find a job that the moment a new business came in, everyone was on top of it before it even opened.

The town i'm currently in has....oh wow, 2 businesses that run on more than 6 people, mine being one of them, so kids living here are the same way.

Our issue is finding full time people because there are no young adults in this town, it's all kids and elderly(We had a job opening for full time for almost 3 weeks now)

The only thing harder than finding a full time produce clerk/assistant manager is finding a part time cutter......would make my job alot easier, but it's ok, I won't be working here much longer with how this is going.....

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Apr 05, 15:18:32

I thought Winona was a collie? :o

Astranacus

Don't know, but love the image anyway  :]

Midnight Breeze

Another hospital deliberately downplayed a patient's report so we would accept him. The conveniently didn't mention that he was a very aggressive man who had assaulted multiple staff and fellow patients unprovoked. The first thing he did when he got to our unit was punch me upside the head. Workers' comp, anyone?

If you ask me several people at Lake Charles hospital need to be fired for gross misconduct. We are a geriatric pysch unit, we can't have super violent patients like that. If he take a notion to attack an old man we're in deep trouble.

Ramisha

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 06, 05:05:09
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Apr 05, 15:18:32

I thought Winona was a collie? :o

Well yeaaaah but look at my profile. And remember that moderation avatar contest?
Spoiler: IT'S A CORGICORN • show

and it's funnier because a corgi is kinda an unofficial sign of loe :ajshifty:

Pipkin

Parts of the new episode.  I am actually really mad, I shouldnt have watched it right before going to bed cause there is no way I can sleep right now

DawnsEmbrace

2014 Apr 06, 23:45:00 #12497 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 07, 00:50:46 by DawnsEmbrace
Spoiler: Totally Agreed With • show
[quote author=Pipkin link=topic=2523.msg763035#msg763035 date=1396842001]
Parts of the new episode.  I am actually really mad, I shouldnt have watched it right before going to bed cause there is no way I can sleep right now
[/quote]

Everything you just said, assuming you mean Pinkie Pie rapping.
<br />

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Apr 07, 01:28:47 #12498 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 07, 01:51:17 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Apr 06, 23:45:00
Spoiler: Totally Agreed With • show
[quote author=Pipkin link=topic=2523.msg763035#msg763035 date=1396842001]
[/spoiler]

Everything you just said, assuming you mean Pinkie Pie rapping.
[/quote]
Pinkie Pie's rap wasn't as horrible, cheesy, and fail as I thought it would be. It wasn't good, but I was expecting something much worse.

Post Merge

When people are all "Omg, you eat Chick Fil A?! How dare you?!"
First of all, the CEO's beliefs come as absolutely positively no surprise to me, and I know for a fact that we're not going to change what he believes by boycotting his company, when the company itself has nothing to do with his beliefs.
Second of all, it's just that: The company has nothing to do with his beliefs. Even though I disagree with him, I'm not gonna let that stop me from eating some of the most delicious chicken I've ever had in my life.

Just let me eat my chicken sandwich with extra pickles. :I

MrEmu

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 07, 01:28:47
Just let me eat my chicken sandwich with extra pickles. :I
8 piece chicken nugget with sweet tea and extra ketchup!...erm...heh sorry...

It annoys me when someone scolds me for something bad I'v done, then keeps rubbing it in by bringing it up over and over again! I mean I LEARNED MY LESSON! get off my case... :s

Go Up