Sweet and Elite Hide and Seek Tournament 2020

Started by Optic Rainfall, 2020 Sep 19, 16:34:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Optic Rainfall

2020 Sep 19, 16:34:02 Last Edit: 2020 Sep 23, 16:53:01 by Optic Rainfall

Welcome, everyone!

So here we are again with another Hide and Seek Tournament. If you were at last year's Tournament, you may remember that it didn't go good since there was a lack of progress being made in managing the scores. However this time, we have helpers tagging along with the event to assist me with the scores and to make sure that we can finish this Tournament all the way to the end, easily and successfully.

Sweet and Elite Hide and Seek, created by DeceptiveCadence A.K.A Fancy Frosting, has been going on for about 3 years now from September 22nd of 2017 as a weekly source of entertainment to all ponies in Legends of Equestria. We now want to run a Tournament for you to join in and have fun with us.

I'm Optic Rainfall the host of this event, and here are my helpers:
Autumn Dawn, Cogsworth Wingthrop, Cosmic Feather, Queen Chrystaliana, Red Velvet and Wind Spray.

The whole idea for this Tournament is to compete for fun with one another, to bring out your best and to win prizes at the end. You'll have a chance to be titled the winner of this year's Hide and Seek Tournament if you succeed in taking 1st place. Fair play is a must, so we won't allow any cheating throughout the game.

Prizes:
These will go to the top 6 participants with the highest scores.

1st place:
16x Turquoise
100x Magical Catalysts
60x Temporal Scraps
5x Legendary Infusions
1x Magic Resist Harmony

2nd place:
8x Turquoise
75x Magical Catalysts
40x Temporal Scraps
5x Legendary Infusions
1x Magic Resist Harmony

3rd place:
5x Turquoise
60x Magical Catalysts
30x Temporal Scraps
3x Legendary Infusions
1x Magic Resist Harmony

4th, 5th, 6th place:
30x Magical Catalysts
12x Temporal Scraps
1x Legendary Infusion
16x Sapphires

This thread will guide you, explaining how you'll play in the Hide and Seek Tournament. Information about the schedule, guide, gameplay, rules, game modes, the map and scorings are down below for you to read through, so if you are participating in the event you'll need to understand and remember the details. There will be some quick reminders about how we play during the rounds of the game around the start, a lot of which will help my helpers when working on the scoresheet. Once you have read through everything you need to know about the Tournament you can place your Username (Optional) and the name of any pony character of your choice, and only one from your account, on the participation sheet in the document below so that we know who we're crediting and we'll have you listed for the Tournament. Be sure to tell your friends about it if they want to join, because applications will end before the event can start, so you can't join in once it begins.

Participation sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C35W8kl00kydGkI5OP_zkEA7FCYLSVhFNy08ASkxBTs/edit?usp=sharing

Schedule:
Date: September 26th, 2020
Gathering Time: Saturday @ 4:30pm EST / 8:30pm GMT
Official Time: Saturday @ 5:00pm EST / 9:00pm GMT
Server: Amareicas
Starting Area: Town Hall
Game modes: Normal, Chaos, Snuggle Pile and Bounty + Bonus Round

Guide:
While you're ingame I'll announce in global chat every 5 minutes about where we are starting at 4:30pm EST, which is at Town Hall in Ponydale, and which room we will be in, so be sure to check on the top left corner of your screen. The participants will need to show up in between gathering time and the official time so that we can mark you down on the scoresheets to acknowledge that you are playing in the Tournament. There will be some quick reminders about how we play during the rounds of the game around the start, some of which will help my helpers when working on the scoresheet.

At official time, which is 5:00pm EST, we will begin the Tournament with our 1st round which will be Normal Mode, and then go in order with Chaos, Snuggle Pile and Bounty Mode and then lastly we'll go into Bonus Round. All of those rounds will take place only in Ponydale and one round for each game mode. We'll be having a 5-10 minute break after Chaos or Snuggle Pile. The overall time expectancy to play all of these rounds through to the end is under 2 hours.

After we've played all 5 rounds we'll end the event by announcing the top scorers who came in 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place, and also a mystery prize to the player with the most hiders found, then me and the helpers will give out the prizes to each of them. Lastly, I will give a huge thanks to all my helpers for making this possible and then we'll have a group screenshot altogether at Town Hall to finish up.

Gameplay:
Throughout the whole game, you are to stay in local chat to follow everything that goes on during each round. You are to stay at Town Hall where I am before each round can begin and after they finish.

Before the start of each round, every participant must roll a 20-sided dice using the command: !roll1d20 so that we can pick the ones with the highest rolls as our Prime Seekers. Depending on how many participants will show up at the Tournament, we'll have multiple Prime Seekers if there are over 15 of us there. The Prime Seekers will face against the wall of Town Hall once they've been picked while the other participants, who will all be hiders, stand by near them until I give the countdown for the round to begin.

As the round begins, the hiders will have 2 minutes to spread around the map to find a spot where they can hide in while the Prime Seekers will stay at Town Hall still facing against the wall. Once time is up, all hiders must sit, lay down or sleep in the spot they're hiding in so that we know they're hiding, and the Prime seekers will spread around the map finding all the hiders for 10 minutes.

There are some important things on what to do that you should keep in mind during each round, because this will help the managing of the scoresheets that the helpers are working on:
  • Every minute during a round, I'll announce how much time is left, and that's when I have a couple of my helpers to check all the hiders who are present and who are absent from the game.
  • As a seeker, whenever you find a hider you must call out in local chat by typing the word "Found" first and then type the hider's first name, since it will be easier to search for the names of every participant to mark down as they're listed in the scoresheet in alphabetical order. One hider will be added to your count of hiders that you've found in that round.
  • The hiders will become seekers right after they have been found and they will be marked down on the scoresheet depending on how many minutes are remaining.
  • At 3 minutes remaining, all hiders who have not been found yet must give out a hint on their whereabouts, and when doing so in the chat, type in the word "Hint:" first so that one of my helpers is able to find it easily and then type in what your hint is along with it. Each minute that goes by without you giving out a hint will cost you to lose points.

The round will be declared over when all hiders on the map have been found or when 10 minutes of seeking time have passed, and then we'll all gather at Town Hall again to start a new round with a different game mode.

Rules:
These rules will help keep the game in a fair condition when everyone is playing. If any of these rules are broken by one of the participants during each round they will receive penalties that could cost them their place on the scoresheet, so please read through each of them carefully.
  • No flying, teleporting or backwards hopping.
  • No using jumping boots, climbing boots, ice skates, and any equipment that can boost your stats including crafted armor with harmonies, lanterns and the dandelion bracelet. Food items are also prohibited.
  • No changing rooms
  • No using the train station or the portals that transport you to another map. Portals such as the ones that take you to The Mines, Sugarcane Corner, Carousel Boutique, etc.
  • No using any commands like /faint, /cinematicmode, /playercollision, /stuck, etc.
  • No using any glitches that allowed you to go through walls or the ground.
  • No hiding in water or in places that are disallowed or out-of-bounds. See under maps to know these areas.
  • Do not move out of your spot right after 2 minutes of hiding time as a hider until you are found.
  • You are not allowed to tell anyone about where others are hiding or setting off candy showers or anything of the sort.
  • Do not press the tab key when searching for hiders.
  • No giving out hints that are very vague or misleading.
  • Do not trick me and my helpers in the chat, like saying that you found a hider when you didn't, or announcing how much time is left, or even falsely accusing someone of cheating.
  • You must roll for Prime Seeker at the start of each round, but if you've already seeked then there's no need to roll again

I will mention some things that are allowed if you're confused about some of these rules:
  • You are allowed to bunny hop when sprinting forwards, but don't go backwards when doing so.
  • You are fine to climb up walls without the use of the climbing boots.
  • The commands that can be allowed use are /sit, /lay and /sleep for when you want to hide in your spot. And if you're somewhere where you can't move or if you accidentally glitched under the map, whisper to me and I'll permit you to type /stuck.
  • Shortcut portals that take you to places while still on the map are allowed to use. However, you won't find any in Ponydale.
  • The game modes below can determine whether the rules above can change, so read through them to learn more.
  • The 2nd round which is Chaos Mode will be the only time when the participants who have already rolled for Prime Seeker will not have to roll again, since in Snuggle Pile Mode you will have to roll for being a Prime Hider, and in Bounty Mode you'll need to roll for how much your bounty is worth.

The Map
Spoiler: Map of Ponydale • show

As I have said the only map we'll be playing on is Ponydale. The image above shows nearly the whole of Ponydale with buildings and areas marked all around the map including Town Hall, our starting area. The lines around the town show the invisible barriers that are considered out-of-bounds for hiding, and there is a glitch that if you stand right next to those barriers then, to others, your pony character would vanish, so make sure to stay about 5 meters away from them.

There are a few disallowed spots inside the borders of the town where you shouldn't hide, unless flying or teleporting are enabled as well as equipping Climbing boots and Jumping boots. These place are:
  • The top floor and the roof of Town Hall
  • The attic inside the Auction House
  • The belfray and the roof of the Clocktower
We'll need confirmation of how you got to your hiding spot if we are suspicious that you might have flown or teleported to one.

Game modes:
Here you will know how each of these game modes are played for each round.

Normal
The gameplay and the rules are all there to explain how this will work.

Chaos
Both hiders and seekers are allowed to do flying, teleporting and backwards hopping and they can also equip their climbing boots and jumping boots. However they're still not allowed to use any items or equipment that boost their stats. The disallowed spots are now free to hide in, but you still cannot hide in the water or in the out-of-bounds areas.

Snuggle Pile
This is the reverse version of Normal Mode. Before the start of the round, every participant must roll this time for being a Prime Hider. We might have multiple Prime Hiders if there are over 15 participants who are ingame. All of the seekers will stay at Town Hall while our Prime Hiders will find a spot that should be separate from each other on the map to hide in, with the same time length of 2 minutes as well as for seeking time which is 10 minutes. The Prime Hiders will not become seekers once found, but instead the seekers must hide with one of them when they find one.

Bounty
Every participant playing this game mode will need to roll before the start of the round even if they've already rolled for Prime Seeker, because those rolls can be converted into points depending on what you've achieved in the round, which you can look under scorings to find out more about it. The ones with the low rolls will have other bounties that can be awarded to all the seekers that will give them advantages on finding the players. There should be 8 of them, which I will list them below:
8 - 15 seconds
7 - Allowed to use Jumping boots and Climbing boots
6 - 30 seconds
5 - Hints at the next minute
4 - 45 seconds added
3 - Enable Teleporting
2 - Enable Flying
1 - 75 seconds added

It is possible for Bounty Mode to go on for more than 10 minutes during seeking time since finding hiders with low rolls could add more time. The time will still go on for 10 minutes, and then the added time will start counting down to continue the round. If someone with a 5 is found then all hiders must prepare for giving out a hint at the next minute I announce or else you will lose points if you don't.

Bonus Round
Me and the helpers who are ingame will now play in this round with the participants. This round will be like Snuggle Pile, but no one will have to roll before the start because we will be the hiders and all of you will be seeking to find one of us. We will hide for 2 minutes while all of you stay at Town Hall, and until then you'll have to find us with only 5 minutes of seeking time but we'll make sure to give out a hint at 3 minutes remaining. You'll still earn points at the end of the round if you found one of us, which you can find out under scorings.

Scorings:
Knowing how to earn these points will help you climb up the leaderboard, but you can also lose points as well if you've broken any rules which will cost you your place. Here's how you can earn or lose points from each of the game modes in this Tournament:

Normal/Chaos
Earnings:
  • Hidden on each minute that passes
  • Hidden until the end of the round
  • Being the last hider hidden
  • Found a hider as a seeker
Losses:
  • Haven't rolled
  • Not being present in the game as a hider
  • Haven't given out a hint on each minute after 3 minutes remaining while still hidden

Snuggle Pile
Prime Hiders will earn a huge amount of points when picked, but during the round, they will lose a small fraction for each seeker that finds them. The seekers will earn points if they find one of the Prime Hiders and will keep earning more after each minute that passes.

Bounty
The number you rolled from the start of the round will be bounties converted into points, but they can only be earned or taken by the following:
  • Hidden until the end of the round
  • Found a hider
  • Winning a round as a Prime Seeker
You'll still earn points like in Normal and Chaos Mode, with the addition of earning some if you were found as a hider after 10 minutes have passed if there's more time been added. For seekers, they will earn less points when finding a hider but they will still earn some from the bounties of each of the hiders they found.

Bonus Round
The points that are earned from me and the helpers will vary if you managed to find one of us, and by the end of the round, we will all roll a 50-sided dice three times and they will be converted into points which will be given to you, but it depends on who you found, so you'll need decide which of us you want to find.

Results, along with screenshots, will be posted under this thread. Good luck in this event and I hope you have a fun time playing!

SakuraChan_uwu

Why not visit leekspin.com ?

Optic Rainfall

Thank you to everyone who was able to make it to the Tournament!

Participants:
Adam Dash | Adam_DashFilly
Bubblegum Slash
Flare CloudDancer
Grace Seraph | Grace Seraph
Healing Lavender
Lemon Cloud
Marshmallow Cactus | Thirdeditman
Mini Moonlight (Moonlight Aurora) | mourningdove421
random fandom | randomfandom
Sakura Chan | AwesomePossum
Starfire Dream | Starfire Dream
White Eagle | TheSlowly
Wish Dancer
Zap Point | zaikcelcs

Special thanks:
Berry Shade - For helping me announce the event in the Pony Friends Forever Discord Server
Lens Flare - For recording the event
And to all the spectators who came to watch the event

Spoiler: Sweet and Elite Hide and Seek Tournament 2020 Screenshots • show

Big thanks to my helpers:
Autumn Dawn (Score Counter)
For calculating the total scores for every participant and for helping me with the results.

Cogsworth Wingthrop (Player-scanner)
For marking down every participant who is present or not present.

Cosmic Feather (Hint Tracker)
For keeping track of hints from hiders.

Queen Chrsytaliana (Back-up)
For lending a second hand for the Player-scanner and for keeping track of hints from hiders.

Red Velvet (Tally Counter)
For counting up the number of hiders each seeker has found.

Wind Spray (Hider Tracker)
For keeping track on all hiders who were found from each round.

[Left to right]
Rising Star (Autumn Dawn), Wind Spray, Optic Rainfall, Red Velvet, Queen Chrsytaliana

[Missing]
Cogsworth Wingthrop, Cosmic Feather

Sweet and Elite Hide and Seek Tournament Results

Round 1: Normal Mode
Adam Dash - 90p
Bubblegum Slash - 20p
Flare CloudDancer - 60p
Grace Seraph - 80p
Healing Lavender - 140p
Lemon Cloud - 60p
Marshmallow Cactus - 120p
Mini Moonlight - 100p