Pre-Alpha,alpha, beta gamer testers

Started by Snow Crystals, 2014 Dec 11, 12:42:14

previous topic - next topic

what should we see more in the chat box of moderators?

Programmers
3 (33.3%)
website developers
0 (0%)
Sound SFX
1 (11.1%)
3D modelings
0 (0%)
Graphic artists
0 (0%)
Moderators
2 (22.2%)
admins
1 (11.1%)
3D animations
0 (0%)
System designers
0 (0%)
Writers
1 (11.1%)
Level designers
0 (0%)
Audio
0 (0%)
Public Relations
0 (0%)
Voice actors
0 (0%)
concept artists
1 (11.1%)
Unity Implementers
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Snow Crystals

2014 Dec 11, 12:42:14 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 11, 12:51:19 by Snow Crystals
This is a suggestion that may help moderators and staff.

Instead of doing it all at once when people have post a lot of errors and multi spam of other errors... Why not put pre-alpha testers as a game tester volunteers to see if the game needs updates for windows, mac, & pc; And also have OSW to see if it works on other computer hardware for low spec to see if it works or not.

1  This will help mods and staff from seeing spam and errors in the forums (more than 5 times of posting the same issue)
    This will help us be organized in forums.

OSW  =  open sever weekend although 2 days is kinda of a rush and that's how people spam for more of the issue then trying to play the game.  Because of so many people have rant saying how worse this is...  That's what we don't want
"I believe that it should be  OSW = Open server week a 7 day trail + i think we should get more server capacity and more servers.

This is why people wine about i can't get into the game or i wasn't there and didn't make it in time for the 2 days because of vacation or errors on game content or game crashes and etc then they send it on forums. ( this would put every staff in depression )

1.  this idea will help us organize the forums

2.  The 7 day trail will help out the people of not getting there on time or miss time by either a crash or an error into the game itself.

3. this will also help to get rid of rants and focus on the errors and crashes.

Tekner

We test the game internally all the time. We're aware of 99% of the bugs going into OSWs, and stress testing the server software and hardware with sheer numbers of players is the only thing we cannot do internally at the moment. That is why Open Server Weekends are also (and originally were) called Stress Tests.

Snow Crystals

2014 Dec 11, 14:18:23 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 11, 16:37:03 by Snow Crystals
 reply to Tekner:
        Not at the moment of course but hopefully in time in the future of this game it should get there eventually.  Thinking of 2015 in the summer or less perhaps would be great or at least 2015 in the fall would be great for capacity server updates... Hopefully they become more stable in the next OSW.

Although that has to be a lot of programming.

Programmers are in the spot light to save the day.

Pipkin

As stated by Tekner, right now we have testers in the team for the game, and the purpose of stress tests is to test the load of the servers when they are updated, as well as other features that are implemented.
That being said 2 days is sufficient.  After the stress test the servers are taken down so we can continue development.

At this time we do not have plans to hire testers outside of the game, nor do I know if this will change in the future.

I believe your questions have been answered.  If you have any more questions please PM me.

Locking up.

Go Up