Started by Scoots, 2012 May 24, 07:29:49

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sponk

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 05, 15:27:07
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Aug 05, 15:24:23
Spoiler: show
I'm not convinced Amon and Tarlokk are really dead, given that actual deaths are pretty rare in the Avatar universe.

Personally, I thought it was kind of awesome how that ended.
I shed a single tear when Lin had her bending taken, by the way. Such a good show, man. So dramatic, it really gets yah.

Why would Tarlokk kill himself and his brother? This makes no sense! To me..
Blah blah blah.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sponk on 2012 Aug 05, 15:36:57

I'm not convinced Amon and Tarlokk are really dead, given that actual deaths are pretty rare in the Avatar universe.

I shed a single tear when Lin had her bending taken, by the way. Such a good show, man. So dramatic, it really gets yah.

Well, their lives had been pretty terrible from childhood, neither of them had their bending anymore, and they kind of committed crimes and became the horrible people their father had wanted them to be.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 05, 15:51:33

Well, their lives had been pretty terrible from childhood, neither of them had their bending anymore, and they kind of committed crimes and became the horrible people their father had wanted them to be.

Redemption!

Looking back on Legend of Korra, I have to say - it was certainly a great show, and a lot of fun to watch, but I don't think it quite measured up to the last two seasons of the original Avatar, plot- and character-wise. Thoughts?
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Rissian

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Aug 05, 16:30:01

Redemption!

Looking back on Legend of Korra, I have to say - it was certainly a great show, and a lot of fun to watch, but I don't think it quite measured up to the last two seasons of the original Avatar, plot- and character-wise. Thoughts?

I recently watched a marathon of the show, I can see how he would want to do that for redemption but Amon did talk about starting over if Amon actually meant what he said I don't see why they couldn't have just left the city behind and literally started over, unless Tarlokk knew his brother would likely act crazy again I like the show but without their bending I think they should have gotten a second chance just had them leave and start over. (Assuming Amon wasn't planning to do something insane again.) Knowing Amon though he would probably go insane again.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 05, 16:52:36
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Aug 05, 16:30:01

Redemption!

I recently watched a marathon of the show, I can see how he would want to do that for redemption but Amon did talk about starting over if Amon actually meant what he said I don't see why they couldn't have just left the city behind and literally started over, unless Tarlokk knew his brother would likely act crazy again I like the show but without their bending I think they should have gotten a second chance just had them leave and start over. (Assuming Amon wasn't planning to do something insane again.) Knowing Amon though he would probably go insane again.

Republic City is the capitol of one big nation, right? Or am I mistaken? So it probably wouldn't have mattered where they went, would it?

Rissian

2012 Aug 05, 17:03:08 #45 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 05, 17:07:36 by Trege
I'm not sure if it's one big nation I think it's more like all 4 nations work together in the city, I could be wrong though.

I guess I just wish the characters had a second chance given their messed up childhood once their father revealed blood bending to them
but when you think about it, unless they just lived on some random deserted island they would likely be on the run from all the other nations.

Lord of Madness

I just feel like its a capital sense it is a capital city o3o

Stardust Dragon

I think Republic City is kind of like its own nation at this point, based on some info on Nick's site. 
They expressly mention that there's been a new Fire Lord, Zuko's daughter, crowned a few years before the series takes place.  That leads me to believe that the ruling body of the Fire Nation still has its original ruling body, and from this I wouldn't be surprised if the other nations still have their governments as well.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2012 Aug 10, 23:30:25
I think Republic City is kind of like its own nation at this point, based on some info on Nick's site. 
They expressly mention that there's been a new Fire Lord, Zuko's daughter, crowned a few years before the series takes place.  That leads me to believe that the ruling body of the Fire Nation still has its original ruling body, and from this I wouldn't be surprised if the other nations still have their governments as well.

Maybe Republic City is kind of sort of like the United Nations. I mean, I think the city represents the nations' connection with each other or something. I dunno.

Little Judas

2012 Aug 12, 08:55:16 #49 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 12, 09:01:06 by Little Judas
Quote from: Avatar Wiki on the "Yue Bay"After the Hundred Year War, Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko founded a fifth nation, the United Republic of Nations, from the former Fire Nation colonies within the Earth Kingdom in order to create a society where benders and non-benders from all four nations could live and thrive together in peace and harmony. Its capital, Republic City, a large, modern metropolis, was settled on the shores of Yue Bay.

Each nation also has a representative in the council.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Lary

Enough plot! Time for some comedy!

Spoiler: May contain spoilers for the show. Heck, some of you might not even understand if you haven't seen it. • show

---

---

Spoiler: A personal favorite of mine. • show

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 13, 09:40:48
Enough plot! Time for some comedy!

Spoiler: May contain spoilers for the show. Heck, some of you might not even understand if you haven't seen it. • show

---

---

Spoiler: A personal favorite of mine. • show

I love those! :3

Lary

Spoiler: Here's a few more. • show

---

---

---

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

Hmm, yes.. The weather here was comfortable. But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. :l

SirVown

*SPOILERS* Legend Of Korra in a nutshell = Likable characters, interesting atmosphere, intriguing plot, but horrible and I mean HORRIBLE progression and execution. The whole non benders revolution was a strong concept for them to go on and I feel that the show wasted this potential by rushing through episodes when it could have gone on for so much longer with more complexity and drama. Amon was beginning to come off as possibly one of the coolest Avatar villains and probably would have been except he only lasted a few episodes. Well animation fans always complain about series like One Piece and Naruto being too drawn out and now I guess they got what they always wanted

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: SirVown on 2012 Aug 15, 10:08:02
*SPOILERS* Legend Of Korra in a nutshell = Likable characters, interesting atmosphere, intriguing plot, but horrible and I mean HORRIBLE progression and execution. The whole non benders revolution was a strong concept for them to go on and I feel that the show wasted this potential by rushing through episodes when it could have gone on for so much longer with more complexity and drama. Amon was beginning to come off as possibly one of the coolest Avatar villains and probably would have been except he only lasted a few episodes. Well animation fans always complain about series like One Piece and Naruto being too drawn out and now I guess they got what they always wanted

Well, the only had a certain number of episodes scheduled by Nickelodeon, and they didn't know if they'd get to make more episodes or not, so they decided to wrap things up instead of leaving a cliffhanger and not getting paid for more episodes.

Also, if you say spoilers, you can put them in a spoiler box like this:

by clicking the button that says "Sp" on it, or just typing the spoiler tags:
Code Select
[spoiler][/spoiler]

SirVown

Also, if you say spoilers, you can put them in a spoiler box like this:

by clicking the button that says "Sp" on it, or just typing the spoiler tags:
Code Select
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/quote] I will keep that box in mind for the next time thnx

Little Judas

Alright, finally saw them all after much euh delay
And

First I have to say that the industrial progression bothered me as predicted by yours truly.
But I "forced" myself to look past it and the show became really pleasant to watch.
I did hoped to see more Airbenders-training and less of those Probenders tournaments.

But now with the first book finished I eagerly await Book 2, which apparently will come out in 2013.
Perhaps next tv-season?
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

paintypalette

Quote from: Scoots on 2012 May 24, 07:29:49
Hey Guys!

Lets discuss Legends of Korra here!

First topic:
Who do you think Amon is? O:

isn't amon dead? him and his brother died. legend of korra is very somber and bleak. its NOTHING like avatar  ovO not that its bad, its just that i'm surprised its the same creators! the show is so serious and different from avatar but its great. even my mom loves it! she's engaged in the great storyline and seriousness of it. its a great show. what do you ponies think?

Dark Hooves

i do know Amon's true identity but i don't want to spoil the surprise.

try searching for the final episode of the season
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Go Up