previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Scoots

Hey Guys!

Lets discuss Legends of Korra here!

First topic:
Who do you think Amon is? O:

Chishio Kunrin

First order of business, where can I watch it online without downloading it? >:( My DVR is being derpy and refuses to record the episodes. And you want me to wake up in the morning on a Saturday when I stay up much past 11 PM every Saturday?!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Scoots

Google the episodes.
Example:

http://google.com
Search Legends of Korra Episode 1

Start there and stream em'!

Chishio Kunrin

... :/ ..... I will try. Since my usual anime place's Korra videos buffer unbearably slowly.

By the way, I've seen a picture of Korra's pet polar bear dog thing. It's flippin' awesome. :3 20% cooler than Appa.

Lary

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 24, 11:38:19
By the way, I've seen a picture of Korra's pet polar bear dog thing. It's flippin' awesome. :3 20% cooler than Appa.

Appa was a boss and you know it. >:O
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lary on 2012 May 24, 12:43:56
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 24, 11:38:19

Appa was a boss and you know it. >:O

I am biased toward giant ride-able doggies. ovO

lurk852

Quote from: Scoots on 2012 May 24, 07:29:49First topic:
Who do you think Amon is? O:

The crazy Earth Nation king from the original series.

...C'mon, you know it'd be awesome.

Alternate answer: Zuko's mom. ^-^
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Lary

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 May 24, 17:25:20
The crazy Earth Nation king from the original series.

...C'mon, you know it'd be awesome.

Oh please let this be true... ovO
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Pa_Kalsha

For some reason, I'm tending towards "Amon is Tarrlok"; I just don't know why.
Amon said that he wears a mask because he was disfigured by a Firebender so, even thought we only have Amon's word for that, it'd be nice if Tarrlok's anti-Equalist force, or even Korra, Bolin and Mako did some research on this, but it'd probably turn up nothing (because Tarrlok is Amon!!!eleventy!).
Pinkie Pie got a job in a clock factory - she spent all day making faces

www.cheerfulomelette.co.uk

lurk852

Quote from: Pa_Hsia on 2012 Jun 08, 05:33:23
For some reason, I'm tending towards "Amon is Tarrlok"; I just don't know why.
Amon said that he wears a mask because he was disfigured by a Firebender so, even thought we only have Amon's word for that, it'd be nice if Tarrlok's anti-Equalist force, or even Korra, Bolin and Mako did some research on this, but it'd probably turn up nothing (because Tarrlok is Amon!!!eleventy!).

Funny, I was just starting to think that too.  :I If they were the same person, then Amon/Tarrlok could get more Equalist supporters by being a bad council member.

I'm hoping we're wrong; it would seem a little contrived.

Pa_Kalsha

QuoteI'm hoping we're wrong; it would seem a little contrived.

It would, but Tarrlok's still a sleazeball  >:(

lurk852

Well, so much for that theory. Amon now qualifies as even more badass.

I'm glad they're keeping the crappy love triangles to tiny snippets of episode now, but they still often seem out of place to me.

Pa_Kalsha

QuoteI'm glad they're keeping the crappy love triangles to tiny snippets of episode now, but they still often seem out of place to me.

The price we have to pay for an older Avatar, I suppose.

I was kind of disappointed when I found out season one was only 12 episodes, but I'd take quality over quantity any day of the week. Since Korra doesn't seem inclined to try surfing elephant-koi, any filler would probably be of the romantic variety.

Also, I still haven't seen episode 10 yet, but adult Aang was so cool :3
First Toph invents metal bending, now cars, radios, non-moon-dependant blood benders. I'm really excited to see more of how the world's developed since the last series.

Firefly

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 24, 08:37:26
First order of business, where can I watch it online without downloading it? >:( My DVR is being derpy and refuses to record the episodes. And you want me to wake up in the morning on a Saturday when I stay up much past 11 PM every Saturday?!

I can't even find the first episode  lol too bad I dont have nickolodeon  :c
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Little Judas

I recently watched the first series with Aang.
Now my question is, is it with Korra better/just as good/worse. In other words is it good enough to begin watching it.

Quote from: Pa_Hsia on 2012 Jun 19, 05:46:37
...now cars, radios...

Call me old fashion, but this bothers me a bit. In fact most machinery in the first series bothered me.
Is it a whole new atmosphere "thanks" to this? Try to keep this in mind when recommending this to me.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

lurk852

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Jul 26, 14:28:49
Now my question is, is it with Korra better/just as good/worse. In other words is it good enough to begin watching it.

...now cars, radios...

Call me old fashion, but this bothers me a bit. In fact most machinery in the first series bothered me.
Is it a whole new atmosphere "thanks" to this? Try to keep this in mind when recommending this to me.

Legend of Korra is lot more steampunk-ish; it's kind of got a '20s vibe to it.

It's been awhile since I saw the original series, but Legend of Korra is quite good. I wouldn't say it was quite as awesome as seasons 2 and 3 of Avatar, but it's still definitely worth watching, IMO.

Little Judas

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 26, 14:38:06
Spoiler: show

...now cars, radios...

Like in the northern airtemple? With that crazy twofaced inventor.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

lurk852

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Jul 26, 14:51:39
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 26, 14:38:06
Spoiler: show

...now cars, radios...

Like in the northern airtemple? With that crazy twofaced inventor.

A bit more than that - there are retro cars and retro radios and stuff like that.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 27, 00:13:57 #18 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 27, 00:17:56 by Chishio Kunrin

...now cars, radios...

Korra has the opposite problem as Aang. After all, Aang, being a monk, was excellent with the spiritual side of bending, but was bad at the physical side of it, and thus he had trouble with everything but air bending. Korra is excellent with the physical side and could bend water, earth, and fire pretty quickly, but she's horrible at the spiritual side and had trouble with air bending.

The technology in Legend of Korra still makes things a bit... fantasy kind of. I dunno. It's mostly steampunk, which is pretty cool, especially if you happen to really like steampunk.

Also, at least there are parts that flashback to the original characters from the first series, and Korra runs into the original characters' grandchildren.. and Katara. Katara's still alive because healer water benders live longer.

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Jul 26, 09:01:44
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 24, 08:37:26

I can't even find the first episode  lol too bad I dont have nickolodeon  :c

Dubhappy.com has videos of all 12 episodes, and the videos actually buffer well now.

PrincessButton

Celestia bless this thread.  :3
*lurk mode activated*
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Go Up