TOONAMI IS BACK

Started by DXLelouch, 2012 May 16, 19:50:33

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2012 May 24, 13:53:21 #21 Last Edit: 2012 May 24, 14:25:13 by Chishio Kunrin
For the last time, Toonami is NOT back yet! This Saturday is an EXPERIMENT to see if they can bring Toonami back. If the ratings aren't high enough, there will be no funding and there will be no Toonami.

Please, don't get everyone's hopes up. It's important for everyone to know that if you do want Toonami back, you need to help Adult Swim get enough ratings during their experiment so that the executives will give them the money they need to bring Toonami back.

Quote from: Soft Fang on 2012 May 18, 20:44:32
Cartoon Network....

["You rock, woohoo" video]

Haha, no, don't even give Cartoon Network credit for this. The good ol' guys at Adult Swim are the ones who've been working their hardest to bring Toonami back. Same channel, sure, but I'm pretty sure they're different people.
Guess I should've clicked the link before replying. :l What the buck happened to "The executives think Toonami won't succeed, so the only chance to get it back is to give our experiment enough ratings this Saturday"? Or is Adult Swim just trying to get people hyped up with more Twitter? After all, that's how they started the movement out, having people tweet #BringBackToonami or whatever.

Also, that Facebook page Toonami 2012 was started on April 1st, 2012, in celebration of the fact that Adult Swim had tons more viewers because of their Toonami stunt, what with Tom saying "Looks like we've got an April Fool." and the usual Saturday night Adult Swim anime lineup starting. The page was supposed to encourage Adult Swim to try to bring back Toonami permanently. It does not mean Toonami is back.
Quote from: Toonami 2012 page's About sectionThis is the Official Toonami 2012 page! Please share this page to tell the world that Toonami is back and if we get enough "Like"s this will show Adult Swim that their ratings will go up if Toonami stays for good!

>if Toonami stays for good.
>if

I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but I don't want everyone to get their hopes up in case the experiment fails.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

okay, we get it, spread the word  o_o

Chishio Kunrin

Sorry, I'm really tired and cranky, and it'd be a really big letdown if I got my hopes up that Toonami's back and then the experiment failed and... I want it so bad. >:O Tom! Tom... Zzzzzzzzzz... Here to save you.. Tom... zzz...

DXLelouch

do we know any bronys with connections to the mafia?
yes im that desperate to get Toonami back

Chishio Kunrin

Wait a minute. Now that I'm awake enough to think and I'm having my first fully solid meal in a week... I just realized something.

If/when Toonami comes back, what time will it come on? o.O Surely Toonami's permanent time won't be Saturdays midnight-3 AM EST on Adult Swim, right? Or are they really planning on replacing their normal anime time with Toonami so we'll have Tom back?

DXLelouch

toonami is replacing ASA yes also WTH happ to my signature

Chishio Kunrin

Well, at least this means I won't have a day where I have to wake up early, remember to watch a specific channel at a specific time, or stay up too late (other than Saturday). Totally used to staying up well into the night on Saturdays for anime. B) Bring on the experiment, Adult Swim! We're gonna ace it!

Also, I'm certainly glad Adult Swim seems super overly confident that enough people are going to watch this Saturday. They believe in us without a doubt. :')

Book Smarts

I used to watch saturday night anime on Adult Swim until they started to air reruns of Full Metal Alchemist and Kekkaishi. I'm interested in the new stuff they'll be airing.

SYNCHRONIZING WATCH....NOW

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 26, 01:04:33
I used to watch saturday night anime on Adult Swim until they started to air reruns of Full Metal Alchemist and Kekkaishi. I'm interested in the new stuff they'll be airing.

I was happy to see Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. :D Ling Yao ftw. I am kinda tired of Kekkaishi, though.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 26, 02:49:02
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 26, 01:04:33

I was happy to see Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. :D Ling Yao ftw. I am kinda tired of Kekkaishi, though.

I'm interested in Ghost in the Shell, Casshern, and Deadman Wonderland, I've never seen these shows before.

Chishio Kunrin

TWO MINUTES. >:O Let's get it goin', go go go go, special op Toonami ninjas, go!

Book Smarts

I still can't believe it's back  :')

Chishio Kunrin

me: Woohoo, I get to check out Deadman Wonderland!
*Episode has an uber messed up beginning*
me: .... Well, then. That's an interesting way to start.

Book Smarts

I find Deadman Wonderland to be interesting, I'm defiantly going to keep watching it over the coming weekends. The Casshern anime is a little to confusing to follow, not to mention the protagonist looks like megaman  8)

Chishio Kunrin

Meh, I'm not interested in Casshern Sins. I tend not to be interested in sci-fi type stuff. Which makes it surprising that I actually like Cowboy Bebop.

DXLelouch

from what i hear Casshern Sins tells its story as it goes

Book Smarts

Anime tends to hold the history back until the second episode, I don't know why though

Chishio Kunrin

I feel like Deadman Wonderland kinda dropped the story onto us like a bomb. o_O
"Lalalalala we're all best friends, gonna go on a school field trip before exams lalala--"
-2 minutes later-
"Who's that?" *EXPLOSION! The plot begins!*

But yeah, my problem with Casshern Sins is just that.. I dunno. Too much sci-fi/robot. I tried to give it a chance, but it just didn't work.

Parasprite

Deadman Wonderland definantly is a anime I'm gonna follow. It seems so interesting.

Go Up