General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

It was either risk that traffic and parking or have to go waaaaay far out of my way when I go back up to school tomorrow.  Besides, the one I went to was pretty much up against a residential neighborhood in a lot with no other stores.  I made it in and out no problems...save having to delete one of my saved wifi connections so I could actually hook up to Mcdonald's network.  Dangit Nintendo!

Rikaria

Funny as it sounds, I used one of my house connections to connect to the wi-fi at McDonald's (I still had to drive there, for the record). I guess all you need is an AT&T connection, heh.

And I already posted my thoughts about Super Mystery Dungeon via Miiverse. In a nutshell, it's definitely way harder than the past games.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

Well I had a hard time doing missions even though there's still lack of reviver seeds going on right now while using the motivated pokemon for exp multiplier.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Stardust Dragon

I remember having a very odd question in Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team.  I found out about this thing called a Silence Orb and really wanted to learn about it more, namely one completely pointless thing.  It inflicts "Muzzled" on a Pokemon, which essentially prevents the mouth from being used at all (moves, eating etc), and I had to wonder: if a partner of mine was Muzzled, could they talk like normal?  I tried experimenting but I never got something to try and use it on my party.

KirbyFluttershy

2015 Nov 28, 00:23:18 #804 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 28, 00:25:43 by KirbyFluttershy
I don't use orbs except for escape orb. with the exception of super mystery dungeon, I normally use orbs for emergencies or desperate situations.

Oh yeah, here's another way to make money, get a persian and/or meowth and make'em use pay day. pay day's effect will not work if the pokemon is holding something and it has to be the final blow otherwise money will not drop if the ally pokemon without pay day delivers the final blow.

edit: i'm getting mixed reports on getting hoopa, but i'm trying to get more information. someone said that you don't need McD's wifi in the settings to get hoopa, but I asked if she's 100% sure about that and my friend asked if it's obtained from mystery gift's search option.

LostSanity

I guess I'll just prepare my Persona 3 FES "Interstice of Time" "BE PERSISTENT UNTIL I WIN" theme now then since Super Mystery Dungeon is apparently ridiculously hard.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

My friend found a way to get a hoopa without visiting Mcdonalds. here's the info and step process although this won't work if your connection settings has a password so you have to go to mcdonalds directly.

Rikaria

I read about that but via a different website a few days ago.

Anyway, just a reminder: Pokémon Picross comes out this Thursday for North America and Europe, while Japan gets it a day earlier.

KirbyFluttershy

2015 Nov 30, 02:14:40 #808 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 30, 02:38:10 by KirbyFluttershy
I never thought this latios escalation battle would be this easy to get to level 100 in pokemon shuffle.

Oh yeah, I found a way how to grind fast although not in story mode for pokemon super mystery dungeon.

Rikaria

Just like Latias, I've gotten all Mega Speedups (Level 200) on Latios. I spent a lot, but it was worth it. This has literally been the funnest Escalation Battle for me so far.

KirbyFluttershy

Well I only go to 100 in escalation battles to get mega speed ups, but usually not in turn based escalation battles.

as I said in my last post about grinding fast in pokemon super mystery dungeon, here's what you need to do

1. make sure you have a motivated pokemon, but it has to be at least a pokemon that can use heat wave and/or discharge. Sunny day and Charge are optional, but it helps improve damage. If unown is motivated along with 2 other pokemon, you may wanna use it

2. Go to mysterious geoglyph and reach to the end of the dungeon floor

3. once you reached the end of the dungeon floor, camp by the stairs, and then use discharge or heat wave.

and 4. after you defeated all of the pokemon, You can stand by the stairs and wait for the respawn (by holding A+B) and then repeat

The following items you need are joy looplets, elixirs, and apples. If the accuracy and PP on heat wave and discharge are being a problem, use PP-up and accuracy drinks to do the job also bring reviver seeds (or revive all orbs in case if you're the last pokemon standing).

you can only do this if you're at post-game and have access to the dungeon. Don't stay in the dungeon too long if stronger winds are blowing. Exit the dungeon when that happens.

Rikaria

Gameplay footage of Pokémon Picross has been posted.

The following contains spoilers even despite showing the beginning of the game. Do NOT watch if you want to stay surprised!

KirbyFluttershy

Quick question: how do you send a friend rescue QR code to someone who you want to be rescued?

Chibalt

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Dec 02, 01:43:24
Quick question: how do you send a friend rescue QR code to someone who you want to be rescued?

QR codes are purely visual, so the easiest way is to take a clear picture of the code, then send the picture to the recipient to scan, it's like a bar code, but with more information.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

Pokémon Picross is now out for all regions.

KirbyFluttershy

Is there a way i can get kecleon in pokemon super mystery dungeon? i've been visiting the shop for days, but haven't got any connection to kecleon.

Rikaria

Pokémon Picross passwords have been discovered. Here are all of them:

Spoiler: show
North America:

Europe (for some reason there are five sets, so they're most likely language-based):
  • 18587211, 89907383, 74326715, 77742314

• 21602893, 24235988, 77858192, 20886261

• 97053818, 19871870, 90176937, 31986915

• 71402434, 52856270, 24177718, 38651076

• 50559005, 56005335, 91393494, 16456607

EDIT: I know I usually don't post Pokémon Shuffle news as replies to this thread anymore, but there was a lot that was added in this update. For anyone that's still playing, check out its section on the first post.

KirbyFluttershy

Wow, Magma Chamber just burned most of my reviver seeds while getting to groudon, but did manage to get through the dungeon. I never thought It would be that easy to go through.

Speaking of pokemon shuffle, I wasn't happy about mega steelix's effect even though It's not useful against ice and rock type pokemon that doesn't use block disruptions. I was hoping for a erase barrier effect.

Rikaria

I gave in. I bought both one-time offers on Pokémon Picross. I'll probably buy the remaining 4k Picrites some other time.

KirbyFluttershy

don't you get something special for buying 4k picrites just like buying around 3k pokediamonds in pokemon rumble world?

There hasn't been much of a talk on pokemon super mystery dungeon lately. As of my progress goes, I already completed my treasure expedition and i'm down to my last pokemon to connect with, but it's a long one and I need some ways to farm gold bars fast and I don't even know which dungeon holds the most.

Go Up