General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Nov 20, 21:47:40
There's 1 question i need to clarify about the pokemon super mystery dungeon theme is that

according to what serebii said about the theme

isn't (or does) this theme's offer end at this date for both digital and retail copies of the game and then later on, the 3DS theme shop will have this at a price?

I don't know. I'd rather get it with the game, though. Not much point in getting it separate...
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

so probably if the limited offer for pokemon super mystery dungeon 3DS theme ends, they'll put it on 3DS theme shop at a price (if there's a possibility) later on.

I dunno if anyone else here has pokemon super mystery dungeon yet besides us 2.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Well considering it doesn't come out for Europe till next year... and there are some who are probably gonna wait till/get it on Black Friday or Christmas.

Julius

2015 Nov 21, 01:14:01 #763 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 21, 04:41:30 by Julius
I'm literally about to buy the game! c:

Well, I tried the game for a bit. Got Torchic as my Pokemon and partner from the quiz... So I said nope and went with Pikachu for me and Fennekin as my partner. lol
Purr~

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Nov 21, 01:14:01
I'm literally about to buy the game! c:

Well, I tried the game for a bit. Got Torchic as my Pokemon and partner from the quiz... So I said nope and went with Pikachu for me and Fennekin as my partner. lol

I got a different pokemon as you do from the quiz although yeah i chose the same pokemon as a starter and partner as you.

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Nov 21, 00:48:37
Well considering it doesn't come out for Europe till next year... and there are some who are probably gonna wait till/get it on Black Friday or Christmas.

well for NA (or US), yeah, but the downside part of black friday or christmas is that they'll sell out fast. the game has already been released, but hopefully if we can get some sales record(s) on how many of these games have sold out fast like the pokemon main series games.

Rikaria

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... The difficulty scaling on this game is horrible... Sure, they give lots of hints and tips as usual, but this is beyond beginner-friendly...

Even a veteran player like me who's played all the Mystery Dungeon games ever since Red/Blue Rescue team is having a hard time with a non-story-ish part of the game...

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Nov 21, 12:32:34
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... The difficulty scaling on this game is horrible... Sure, they give lots of hints and tips as usual, but this is beyond beginner-friendly...

Even a veteran player like me who's played all the Mystery Dungeon games ever since Red/Blue Rescue team is having a hard time with a non-story-ish part of the game...

Tell me about it. There's not much to make money anyway and things have gotten a lot tougher than the previous games. I spent most of my money on reviver seeds since the game is a lot tougher. Gotta have life insurance though.

Going alone in the dungeon isn't my day. Last time, all of my teammates are dead and I was the last man standing.

Rikaria

Been enjoying this game way more than Gates to Infinity so far even despite the recruitment and mission system being completely different.

Spoiler: show
I also like the fact that they reference the older games. For example, some Pokémon you talk to will mention which team they came from, while others will talk about past locations/facilities.

KirbyFluttershy

Well It's tough as the game progresses as usual, but it's not giving us time to grind and make money like the previous games. We just gotta be more strategic on what we do. Reviver seeds are becoming a pain to buy now and survival is pretty much hard as I know.

I do like the music in the game. They seem catchy, but there's 1 music in the game that i can't get off my head.

Chibalt

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Nov 22, 22:15:57
Well It's tough as the game progresses as usual, but it's not giving us time to grind and make money like the previous games. We just gotta be more strategic on what we do. Reviver seeds are becoming a pain to buy now and survival is pretty much hard as I know.

I do like the music in the game. They seem catchy, but there's 1 music in the game that i can't get off my head.

You probably have to prepare and plan a bit better for those dungeons then, going more for the type weaknesses and whatnot of the pokemon in the dungeon, wouldn't surprise me if some of them you are very unlikely to complete on the first try either.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

2015 Nov 23, 09:37:38 #770 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 23, 18:05:39 by Rikaria
Spoiler: Just some tips (not really spoilers, but anyway) • show
[list][li]Sell Fresh Apples! They go back to normal Apples after a while, but while they're still Fresh, they sell for 100 Poké (the currency used)! It may not seem like much, but if you keep selling them after every dungeon/expedition, you should have some sort of cash flow![/li]
[li]Use Wands! They can make a whole world of difference, especially in boss battles![/li]
[li]Emeras are your best friends! Some of them can make it to where boss battles that would normally give you THE hardest time become soooooooooooooo much easier once you have them equipped![/li][/list]

Spoiler: EDIT: And now, an actual spoiler • show
I recently got Regigigas as a teammate... Playing as it (via making it leader) is... kinda annoying... The same probably goes for the rest of the "take up nine grid squares" Pokémon.

At least they're somewhat okay as AI-controlled teammates. (Then again, Hoopa Unbound is the only good one for me so far.)

KirbyFluttershy

I'm starting to think that this game is testing our strategy and not only that, but also scavenging and making use of the items. I may have found a way to farm items during story mode though, but it's quite complicated.

Rikaria

Okay, just... what?!

Spoiler: show
Massive plot twist in the late half of the game... And it's one you'd NEVER expect.

KirbyFluttershy

Well some dungeons have a midpoints right? if you reach that point midpoint of the dungeon, you can go back without losing your money and items.

Rikaria

Huh? I wasn't replying to what you said. There's a reason why I have a spoiler part in my last post.

PrincessButton

How are you all enjoying Super Mystery Dungeons?  I have been considering getting it but it's expensive (for me), so I have to find out if it's worth it first.  I have one of the older ones, how different is the new game? Thanks!
^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Nov 24, 16:00:44
How are you all enjoying Super Mystery Dungeons?  I have been considering getting it but it's expensive (for me), so I have to find out if it's worth it first.  I have one of the older ones, how different is the new game? Thanks!
^-^

Well I had a frustration difficulties with my items and encountering pokemon that barrage-type moves such as fury swipes.

Here's what I know so far

You can hardly make money in the game, but with rikaria's moneymakng tips, you should be fine

Items are hard to stock-up for story mode so what I said about farming in some dungeons that have midpoints can work for farming. You can also use the pelipper's island for your shopping needs.

Difficulty has increased as you progress so be more strategic on what you do and make use of your items

Friend Rescues are back by password now, but the new features comes with QR codes, streetpass, and such.

All of gates to infinity mechanics apply

There are no ribbons, scarves, and bands for now.

The Belly stat is back so you're gonna have to make use of your food this time.

The personality quiz may be back, but If you don't like the starter and partner pokemon that's randomly chosen, you can choose another pokemon of your choice.

LostSanity

That's... not what I wanted to hear.

So... basically... it's another ridiculous hard game that's harder then it should be?

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Nov 24, 18:25:11
That's... not what I wanted to hear.

So... basically... it's another ridiculous hard game that's harder then it should be?

:l

Yeah It's a lot harder than the previous games except Explorer of sky if you have Time/Darkness. Another thing that I know and as I mentioned before is that you don't have the time to grind as the story progress. The game will test your strategy, the use of items, and scavenging so if you're at the point where you can't shop in multiple towns, then you have to use pelipper's island to stock up your items in a situation like this.

There are no training facilities like in gates to infinity and your moves will start out weak so refer to the moves stats if you're curious.

Rikaria

On a different yet related note: sometime later in the game, you can talk to a certain Pokémon to either record your own special dungeon adventures or download and watch others' experiences (this isn't a spoiler since it's mentioned in the game's e-Manual). If any of you made a movie already or plan to make one, please share its ID here. I've updated the first post to include a small section for it.

Go Up