General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

2015 Oct 10, 01:14:05 #720 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 10, 01:15:37 by Rikaria
Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Oct 10, 00:11:49Have you guys noticed about other people using ditto, and shiny genesect in pokemon shuffle lately? I noticed them on the leaderboards during the competition stages, but some of us can't use those type of pokemon. I'm just hoping that nintendo and/or pokemon company can do a patch on those unobtainable pokemon and reset those scores.
They've been around for a while, actually. It's just they became more... visible (for lack of a better word) starting with the Mega Charizard Y competition.

Funny story, actually... According to someone I know on Miiverse, 1.2.18 actually did remove unreleased Pokémon (from their party) when players attempted stages, but 1.2.19 somehow removed what 1.2.18 did... I guess it wasn't ready or something? I don't know...

Anyway, don't worry about "those" scores. They get removed even before the prizes get distributed.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Oct 10, 01:14:05
They've been around for a while, actually. It's just they became more... visible (for lack of a better word) starting with the Mega Charizard Y competition.

Funny story, actually... According to someone I know on Miiverse, 1.2.18 actually did remove unreleased Pokémon (from their party) when players attempted stages, but 1.2.19 somehow removed what 1.2.18 did... I guess it wasn't ready or something? I don't know...

Anyway, don't worry about "those" scores. They get removed even before the prizes get distributed.

Oh wow. I though their scores will get a reset if that happened. I didn't notice that on the last competition stage, but 1 person did notice that during that competition stage. so lemme get this straight, their scores gets removed before the prizes gets distributed for using unreleased pokemon? I just hope that nintendo or either pokemon company can patch the unreleased pokemon to make it fair for other players during the competition stages and compensate us with either a item, jewel, or coins.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

According to another Miiverse post, those that got their scores removed are banned from the current competition, but they're not actually banned from playing the game... including future competitions (at least, for now; no idea if they'll ever properly fix this). Everyone else is unaffected and still have to follow the current rules (AKA no compensation).

(To moderators: I'm sorry if what I talked about seems to be a touchy subject, but this has been plaguing Miiverse and Pokémon Shuffle itself for a while that even Nintendo have taken notice.)

KirbyFluttershy

So apparently if they're banned from the competition stages, not only the scores will be removed, but the rankings are affected for using unreleased pokemon. Well At least they won't get the mega evo stone or any of the rewards that's a good sign.

Rikaria

It won't matter; they can just add the rewards themselves. The only reason why they even participate in the first place is to start an uproar and want our attention; they WANT us to get mad/upset.

Anyway, enough about that. Here's some more news:

Quote from: SerebiiThe first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed some details about distributions to coincide with the Pokémon XY & Z animé. These distributions will run weekly and will be obtained by a Serial Code obtained from the show. On October 29th, a shiny Xerneas will be obtainable; it is Level 100 with the moves Geomancy, Moonblast, Aromatherapy, and Focus Blast. On November 5th, a code for a shiny Yveltal will be distributed with the moves Oblivion Wing, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, and Foul Play. And on November 12th, a code for a normal Zygarde will be distributed with the moves Land's Wrath, Extreme Speed, Glare, and Outrage.

(Quote edited a bit to make more sense.)

KirbyFluttershy

Well Let's just hope the pokemon company can patch pokemon shuffle up so they can prevent people from using unreleased pokemon in competition stages. I did see a couple of posts you mentioned earlier on the miiverse, but didn't see much. Probably sometime in the later future, they have to do a check if the players are using unreleased pokemon in the competition stages and prevent them from using the unreleased pokemon to make things fair.

Well that mad/upset part is true, but it's more like they're trolling the fair and legit players in the competition stages.

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiFor those of you in Germany, the Hoopa event has begun. If you go to Gamestop stores between today and November 7th, you will receive a code for Hoopa. This code can be redeemed in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and needs to be redeemed by January 10th. In addition to this, it has been posted on the official Gamestop site that Gamestop stores in Austria and Switzerland will also be running the event from today.

KirbyFluttershy

I'm starting to think that the players who used unreleased pokemon for the competition stages didn't get banned before the rewards were distributed, but rankings were affected by this action as well. Probably a patch and a check should be in a order.

Rikaria

Can we please stop talking about that...

ManeFlame

They need to hurry with that US Hoopa release.
Ma last pokedex entry is hungry.  =P

Rikaria

Quote from: ManeFlame on 2015 Oct 19, 23:54:25
They need to hurry with that US Hoopa release.
Ma last pokedex entry is hungry.  =P

Seeing as we're getting it last (I'm from North America as well), it's gonna be a while before they set a date... maybe ovO

KirbyFluttershy

If I do recall, They normally distribute event pokemon on the day of the pokemon movie release or something like that. I would've gotten the japanese hoopa, but I didn't get a chance to ask my brother to get one for me.

There's not much information about the upcoming pokemon games that I know except for pokemon super mystery dungeon, but there are some gameplay videos on pokemon super mystery dungeon. I'm not sure if there's any more information or evidence, but I probably picked up a little information although not even 100% sure about this information.

The information about the upcoming pokemon that I Picked up are from another forums that i came from.

Here's what I picked up

QuoteMasuda is scheduled to appear on Pokemon House (newest Pokemon Sunday morning talk show, after Get TV's run ended) on 15th November
I'm not 100% sure with this information. Needs more information and evidence to confirm.

Quotemain-series game will not come out by December 31st.  Spin-off games will, but not main series.
This information may depend on the system, but who knows.

Rikaria

2015 Oct 29, 12:19:03 #732 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 29, 12:22:58 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiFor those of you in the US, the Hoopa event has been announced. Hoopa is to be distributed at McDonald's restaurants across the country from November 27, 2015 to December 23, 2015. This is a local event that requires you to have your 3DS and X, Y, Omega Ruby, and/or Alpha Sapphire. This follows on from the events in Europe currently running in Germany, the UK and Italy, as well as in France from November 2nd.

This doesn't make sense... Wouldn't GameStop be a better choice?

Stardust Dragon

2015 Oct 29, 13:59:04 #733 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 30, 01:47:31 by Stardust Dragon
McDonalds?! What in Luna's name happened there?  o.O

I wonder if it has something to do with golden arches and Hoopa's gold rings...but in that case I'd immediately think Target rings.

I just hope they realize I'm still not buying their "food" unless I'm completely starving.

Edit: I really need to check the months on these dates...I just walked out to a nearby McDonalds and tried to download something that isn't going to be around for another month.  At least I got some errands done while I was out.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Oct 29, 12:19:03
This doesn't make sense... Wouldn't GameStop be a better choice?

I do agree that gamestop would be a better choice for pokemon distribution. Usually toys r us may work as well, but I haven't seen toys r us do pokemon distribution before since that shaymin, darkrai, and manaphy events back in D/P/Pl days If I recall.

In this process, hopefully if we can get hoopa in pokemon shuffle as well.

Rikaria

Probably for Rumble World as well.

EDIT: Official footage:

There's also this being offered for Happy Meals:

KirbyFluttershy

2015 Oct 30, 13:18:38 #736 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 30, 14:58:25 by KirbyFluttershy
Oh boy. Since Hoopa is made for mixed sweeper, Nature is gonna be tough to decide on. IVs is gonna be another tough one even though I need to get at least 3-5 IVs on it.

Hoopa for pokemon rumble world, Let's hope we can get it by password. In Shuffle, Probably Hoopa is gonna be available through special stage with new extra data or an update or either both.

I checked the happy meal part there through their site and Those pokemon toys will be on the next happy meal.

edit: Word of warning, if you guys are trying to get hoopa from mcdonalds, you're gonna have to sacrifice one of your internet connections your 2/3DS connection settings (regardless if your connection settings is full or not) in order to get hoopa and use the nintendo zone in exchange for the free wi-fi connection hotspots. It seems I was told that nintendo zones were discontinued and these zone hotspots have been converted to free wi-fi hotspots.

Rikaria

No WONDER I couldn't get Nintendo Zone to work... *sigh*

KirbyFluttershy

Well I just read up on how nintendo zones were discontinued and then all of a sudden my friend told me the problem and then I gave you guys that word of warning about the nintendo zone so hopefully this will solve our problem about not getting hoopa for X/Y/ORAS

Rikaria

2015 Nov 03, 21:19:46 #739 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 04, 18:57:12 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

For those of you in North America, a Zoroark event has randomly begun over the Nintendo Network. It is available through Mystery Gift > Receive Gift > Receive via Internet and is special in that it has the move Sludge Bomb, a move it can't normally learn. The distribution lasts until November 20, 2015.

Definitely random, but I'll take it.

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiFollowing the surprise release of the special Sludge Bomb Zoroark over Nintendo Network for North American Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games, details have been revealed for other places. It has been confirmed that this event is coming to Europe. In the UK, it will be distributed via Serial Codes in GAME stores from November 6, 2015 to November 26, 2015 and can be redeemed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, & Alpha Sapphire.

Okay... why not Nintendo Network just like North America?

Go Up