General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KirbyFluttershy

Well HA emboar and samurott are available, but I did manage to get them however I still need to get access to PSS on my brother's AS if I can get permission from him.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Sunshine Smash

Really? That's pretty cool. But I honestly think Serperior is the best one you can get. That may be my bias. But that's what I'm thinking right now.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Rikaria

If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 16, 17:14:23
Another trade done!

And another thank you in order!  :D  I hadn't even realized what egg group Snivy was in, but the IVs on the one you gave me will help out when I try breeding a Bulbasaur and/or Turtwig later.  Now what are the odds that a Shell Armor Turtwig will suddenly appear...? :/

KirbyFluttershy

I got the HA samurott and emboar off from my brother's AS, but I got his permission to get to petalburg city so I should be able to start breeding them on my X/Y. If anyone wants one, i'll just give it to someone here who will do a giveaway so I don't have to waste room on my 3DS friend roster.

Naura

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 16, 17:14:23
Another trade done!

I think I might have to pass my trade, my Nintendo's internet is being weird and in worst case one of my friends already got one, so I can ask to trade with her, but keep on spreading joy to other people!
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Rikaria

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jan 16, 17:24:43
Now what are the odds that a Shell Armor Turtwig will suddenly appear...? :/

Probably later this year, unless a Gen 4 remake comes out first :o

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Jan 16, 17:26:58
I got the HA samurott and emboar off from my brother's AS, but I got his permission to get to petalburg city so I should be able to start breeding them on my X/Y. If anyone wants one, i'll just give it to someone here who will do a giveaway so I don't have to waste room on my 3DS friend roster.

I suppose I'll continue the giveaway, then. Now I just need to make room in my boxes....

Quote from: Naura on 2015 Jan 16, 17:30:32
I think I might have to pass my trade, my Nintendo's internet is being weird and in worst case one of my friends already got one, so I can ask to trade with her, but keep on spreading joy to other people!

Aww... Alright then.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 16, 17:37:36
Probably later this year, unless a Gen 4 remake comes out first :o

Actually...funny story  X3 It seems Serebii and Bulbapedia mention a giveaway in Japan back in the Gen 5 era:

"A password could be found in the 「ポケモンカードゲームBW(ビーダブリュー)「はじめてセット」 Pokémon Card Game BW Starter Set that allows players of Pokémon Black and White to obtain one of the Sinnoh starter Pokémon."
Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_Global_Link_promotions/Pokémon

Which should mean some diligent breeder has them floating around somewhere even now...the trick now is finding one.

Rikaria

KirbyFluttershy

I have some HA unova starters ready, but I'm pretty sure rikaria is still doing the giveaway so I'll just give rikaria the trade offer along with the HA tepig so we can get some going around here.

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Jan 17, 00:07:08
I have some HA unova starters ready, but I'm pretty sure rikaria is still doing the giveaway so I'll just give rikaria the trade offer along with the HA tepig so we can get some going around here.

Honestly, I don't really care much about the HA Tepig, but if others want it, I suppose I could breed more.

Sunshine Smash

I don't want to sound greedy, since I got a Snivy already, but I could do with another HA starter.

Rikaria

Okay, all current Contrary Snivy trades are done.

Thanks to KirbyFluttershy, I now (surprisingly) have the other two Hidden Ability Gen 5 starters as well. Back to breeding for me /o/

Sunshine Smash

How did you get those perfect IV's anyways? Did the Pokemon come with them or did you breed it yourself?

Rikaria

Hours and hours of breeding. Of course, I needed to find Pokémon with perfect IVs first (thank you, X/Y's Friend Safari and OR/AS' DexNav).

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 17, 14:56:46
Hours and hours of breeding. Of course, I needed to find Pokémon with perfect IVs first (thank you, X/Y's Friend Safari and OR/AS' DexNav).

So you find a parent that isn't the starter you're breeding with perfect IV's?

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Jan 17, 15:01:29

Usually ditto is an exception, but Some people use 6IV ditto (which is hacked of course what my friend told me) for breeding purposes. of course you won't get the IVs you want since they may just troll you by giving the worst stat.

why do i get the feeling that we're talking 2 different versions? (which is X/Y and ORAS of course. maybe we should've just merged all the pokemon games topic into 1 pokemon games topic)

Rikaria

2015 Jan 17, 15:40:09 #277 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 17, 15:49:03 by Rikaria
Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Jan 17, 15:01:29

I started with Whismur (seeing as it's involved in tons of breeding), but since Whismur can't be found in Friend Safaris, I caught Loudred instead. The same Friend Safari in question also had Aipom and Eevee which can also breed with the Whismur, Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig families, so getting 5 perfect IVs actually didn't take that long (another thing: I also previously had DexNav Eevee with 3 perfect IVs, speeding up the process even more). What DID take long was... well... getting both Snivy (now Serperior) parents to have 4-5 perfect IVs, so yeah. Now I have to repeat the process with Oshawott and Tepig ><

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Jan 17, 15:22:54
why do i get the feeling that we're talking 2 different versions? (which is X/Y and ORAS of course. maybe we should've just merged all the pokemon games topic into 1 pokemon games topic)

I wish I could, but X/Y's thread was started by someonepony else... I suppose I could make a general Pokémon thread, but I don't really wanna make this one obsolete, especially with all the stuff I put on the first post... Renaming this thread is an option, but then what about the X/Y one...

EDIT: Added a poll. Again, please remember that I didn't make the X/Y thread.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 17, 15:40:09
Now I have to repeat the process with Oshawott and Tepig ><

At the very least you can use the same parents to start, since all three starters are in the Field egg group?  X3

It seems to me that the X/Y thread is kind of dying out on its own really.  There hasn't been a post in months, and the last few were Rikaria's anyways.  I like the idea of a centralized Pokemon thread, but I think chatting with whoever started the X/Y thread might be a good idea before declaring "this is the thread for all things Pokemon EVAR!" >:O

KirbyFluttershy

Well Yeah. We should just turn the pokemon threads into 1 general pokemon games thread, but of course it will include the main series (the versions) and the spin-offs (except SSB which is the separate thread).

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jan 17, 16:09:23
At the very least you can use the same parents to start, since all three starters are in the Field egg group?

You can do that, but the Egg moves are optional also the 3 starters have a 2nd egg group.

Go Up