Servers Now Closed!

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Apr 09, 23:03:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CMC Scootaloo

2015 Apr 10, 02:39:05 #81 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 10, 02:42:02 by CMC Scootaloo
Ok, I can't get into the game, no matter what I try. :c
I use the 64-bit version, but the game keeps telling me that I need to update it, despite that I have downloaded the client and even used the update function of the Launcher to download it again!
I'm completely helpless and out of ideas.....
What can I do against that?

Edit: The Launcher also says that the game is up-to-date. Can any developer help me with that?
I'm desperated and I start to fear that I can't play at all this weekend. :'(
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

CoFFian

Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2015 Apr 10, 02:39:05
Ok, I can't get into the game, no matter what I try. :c
I use the 64-bit version, but the game keeps telling me that I need to update it, despite that I have downloaded the client and even used the update function of the Launcher to download it again!
I'm completely helpless and out of ideas.....
What can I do against that?

Edit: The Launcher also says that the game is up-to-date. Can any developer help me with that?
I'm desperated and I start to fear that I can't play at all this weekend. :'(

Try doing this:
Go to C:/Users/-name-/AppData/LocaLow - find folder called LoE and remove/rename it.

VespiDragon8

2015 Apr 10, 02:55:12 #83 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 10, 03:58:46 by VespiDragon8

Everything worked me wonder (download, loading de cover, enter profile, servers list, etc  :) ), though I have not entered on the servers, only the cover of the game, plus, the OC ponies of the LoE pony creator (game) in last time are not saved for this time, but as relieving I save the codes from the LoE pony creator (forum), so, no problem on re-enter all my pony characters on the game & well, pretty cool everything, specially when the server client download, being approx. 15-25 minutes, unlike the last time (LoE February 20-21) which was approximately 5-6 hours.

Okay ponies, let's take Equestria again :D .

EDIT: Well, think I speak too fast, I'm having some problems when entering on servers; once everything is ready, at the time of loading the server (in loading screen), that's where it says "loe.exe stopped working", also that the sound effects are very low (running, teleportation, bumps, etc) & textures are somewhat glossy, not very important that last thing, but yes the enter on the servers.

CMC Scootaloo

@CoFFian

Quote from: CoFFian on 2015 Apr 10, 02:45:32
Try doing this:
Go to C:/Users/-name-/AppData/LocaLow - find folder called LoE and remove/rename it.

I did, but with the same result. :'(
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Mizuki

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but:

I use a 32-bit machine so I downloaded the 32-bit version. However when I clicked on the first .exe file, it gave me a "ConsoleApplication3 stopped working" thing, but with the second .exe it says I just can't use it because I'm 32 bit.

But I'm not too worried; the dev team already knows that people are having problems, so it should be working by tomorrow morning (or, well, later this morning) hopefully

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

lightspeed_flash

Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Apr 10, 03:00:58
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but:

I use a 32-bit machine so I downloaded the 32-bit version. However when I clicked on the first .exe file, it gave me a "ConsoleApplication3 stopped working" thing, but with the second .exe it says I just can't use it because I'm 32 bit.

But I'm not too worried; the dev team already knows that people are having problems, so it should be working by tomorrow morning (or, well, later this morning) hopefully

glad im not the only one that noticed this issue i hope it can be resolved  X3

gamertyson012

Some reason my game crashes or freezes every time I join the game. After I created my character and finished it. It crashes or freezes. Does this suppose to happen because of the login server works. But the game server isn't on? ono
Please, call me Shirley.

Daring Tombstone

Worked fine when I started as my uni and spawned in cantermore. Traveled to the heartlands then the game crashed. Brought it back up and ran through the heartlands a little till it randomly crashed again. Went to ponydale, which was the last thing it seems I'll do tonight because it crashes every time I load up into a server.

Another problem was that the sound effects were low. Extremely low. Music was fine, but footsteps, teleportation, attacks, etc. was just nonexistent. I wear over ear headphones and turned the music down and the volume to 100 and could barely hear footsteps, but my teleportation sound effects still wasn't working.

Running 64 bit version by the way.

Guess we'll have to wait to see what happens.
For every hello, there must always be a goodbye.

CMC Scootaloo

2015 Apr 10, 03:41:55 #89 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 10, 03:47:01 by CMC Scootaloo
It works now! It works! After almost three hours of fighting it finally works!!!!!!! 0:)
Oh, I'm so happy it's back to normal! Now I need to play! ^-^

Who had thought that the game doesn't have to be started with the launcher this time, but with the first of the two .exe files (why are there two .exe files anyway this time? o.O) instead?

Cloudsdale doesn't work, and I guess that means Ponyville won't work either.
So I can only go to Canterlot, the Heartlands and the Crystal Empire. And I can't play as Scootaloo and will have to play as Sweetie Belle for now.
But those three areas are at least better than nothing and I have in mind to play as Sweetie Belle or Applebloom for once too, because I love them so much too, for a while now anyway so this is a good opportunity to try it out! :D

SkylordryanZ

My Loe crashes when I enter the world!!!!! D: D: D: I have check the requirement for the game and my computer meets it!!!!! please help!!! D: D: D:
Send by SkylordryanZ ;)

CMC Scootaloo

@SkylordryanZ

Quote from: SkylordryanZ on 2015 Apr 10, 03:45:13
My Loe crashes when I enter the world!!!!! D: D: D: I have check the requirement for the game and my computer meets it!!!!! please help!!! D: D: D:

Have you tried playing as a pegasus or earth pony? Because Cloudsdale and Ponyville are not accessible at moment and make the game crash.
Only Canterlot works from the three start towns, so you must play a unicorn for now.

Carm

Quote from: CMC Scootaloo on 2015 Apr 10, 03:48:42
@SkylordryanZ Because Cloudsdale and Ponyville are not accessible at moment

*cough* Cloudopolis, Ponydale *cough*

CMC Scootaloo

@Carm

Quote from: Carm on 2015 Apr 10, 04:00:47
*cough* Cloudopolis, Ponydale *cough*

No, Cloudsdale and Ponyville. ;)

Soobel

I find not any clients on download area, not for 64bit too. (Game currently not available)
But i find an older game on my computer an i went in! I visit Ponydale, Crystal mines and travel to Crystal empire. There i trot half mile, then connection lost and logout.
  Cloudie Brilliant, Dusklight Blossom, Tomato Delight

Permutator

I think you got your builds mixed up. Running Linux, the command "./loe" gives me "Cannot open assembly './loe': File does not contain a valid CIL image."; "mono ./loe" is the same, but, on a whim, I tried "wine ./loe", and it seems to work perfectly. :o That's a Windows binary!

So, a fix would be excellent, but Unity tends to play nice with Wine, so I can cope for now.

Niyx

Quote from: Permutator on 2015 Apr 10, 04:10:33
I think you got your builds mixed up. Running Linux, the command "./loe" gives me "Cannot open assembly './loe': File does not contain a valid CIL image."; "mono ./loe" is the same, but, on a whim, I tried "wine ./loe", and it seems to work perfectly. :o That's a Windows binary!

So, a fix would be excellent, but Unity tends to play nice with Wine, so I can cope for now.

The Linux build works well with wine?

CMC Scootaloo

Okay, I think I give up now, it doesn't work again. :c
I could log in, enter Griffonia, create Scootaloo and the game crashed when I tried to enter it.
I tried it again with Scootaloo, the game crashed a second time.
I now decided to make the best out of it and play as Sweetie Belle for once and now I suddenly get this again:

I really don't know what to do anymore and it doesn't look like it will fix itself. I think the only thing I can do now is to wait for the fixed 32-bit build and hope that this one works.
See you in a few hours, everypony. Hopefully. ono

Permutator

Quote from: Niyx on 2015 Apr 10, 04:16:32
The Linux build works well with wine?

It seems to. I haven't tested it thoroughly; I just made a character, logged on, and ran around a bit. Teleportation might not be working, but I probably just forgot how to do it.

VespiDragon8

So, right now everypony are limited to be unicorns & stay only in Cantermore, right?

Gezz!, without disturbing the developers, but hopefully that they fix that quickly.

Go Up