Started by Weatherboy1, 2012 Jul 27, 12:38:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

Zygrograxgra

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

I don't know, I found both S1/S2 very nice. But eventually the concept of just the same ponies is going to be dry to many. Therefore, I suppose they'll have to work hard if they want to please the general public with S3.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Rissian

I don't think the same ponies will get boring if they manage to keep the writing in the series good, a good amount of episodes in season 2 made me laugh like the baby cakes episode not to mention Twilight's insanity in Lesson Zero but a few also didn't seem as good as season 1 MMMystery on the Friendship Express was a small example for me it was okay but I didn't like it as much as some of the other episodes. (It just felt like the idea was overused because I've seen it too often in other shows but that could just be me, or maybe it wasn't executed properly I'm not sure.)

Since season 3 is only 13 episodes it may be easier on the writers and maybe we will be surprised by the outcome, at least I hope so.  :s

Book Smarts

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Jul 28, 17:27:53
Since season 3 is only 13 episodes it may be easier on the writers and maybe we will be surprised by the outcome, at least I hope so.  :s

That has yet to be confirmed  :l

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 28, 12:48:15
Spoiler: show

what about this?  :l

No means no, Rainbow Dash. Don't force your friend to do something they're too terrified to. >.<

I don't think the same ponies will get boring if they manage to keep the writing in the series good, a good amount of episodes in season 2 made me laugh like the baby cakes episode not to mention Twilight's insanity in Lesson Zero but a few also didn't seem as good as season 1 MMMystery on the Friendship Express was a small example for me it was okay but I didn't like it as much as some of the other episodes. (It just felt like the idea was overused because I've seen it too often in other shows but that could just be me, or maybe it wasn't executed properly I'm not sure.)

Baby Cakes - Good. For some reason, it had even more of a feel of '90s cartoons to me than the rest of the episodes have.
Lesson Zero - Awesomeness, the insanity was entertaining.

MMMystery on the Friendship Express - I think the reason you felt it was an overused idea is because the episode was a spoof. The entire point of that episode was to spoof and parody various genres. As such, I quite liked it. I liked the pony take on old ninja/samurai movies, old movies/shows with villains tying damsels to train tracks, mystery movies/books like Sherlock Holmes, and James Bond.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

MMMystery was a fun episode that made you ask questions and solve a mystery  :D

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 29, 01:31:14
Baby Cakes - Good. For some reason, it had even more of a feel of '90s cartoons to me than the rest of the episodes have.
Lesson Zero - Awesomeness, the insanity was entertaining.

MMMystery on the Friendship Express - I think the reason you felt it was an overused idea is because the episode was a spoof. The entire point of that episode was to spoof and parody various genres. As such, I quite liked it. I liked the pony take on old ninja/samurai movies, old movies/shows with villains tying damsels to train tracks, mystery movies/books like Sherlock Holmes, and James Bond.

Oh yeah I knew it was a spoof episode sorry I should have mentioned that. x3 I meant I've seen all of those spoofs used before mainly because I watch a lot of old cartoons which often used James Bond spoofs Sherlock Holmes and one such example is a really old cartoon called the Super Mario Brothers Super Show I think it's called that anyways it was a cartoon full of nothing but jokes on other movies and stories which was completely understandable because at the time Mario had no substance at all, other then a plumber who rescued a princess trapped in a castle.

Anyways I enjoyed the mystery express episode just not as much as the other season/episodes, but that's likely due to how often I've seen those spoofs used.

(What baby cakes reminded me of was old looney toons /old cartoon humor that often happened in tom and jerry, and a few other shows of the past, diapers ending up on the character trying to change them and such which was pretty funny poor Pinkie Pie.  lol )

Little Judas

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 29, 00:57:59

Already is.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/07/meghan-mccarthy-interviewed-on-nerdist.html
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Jul 29, 04:41:51

Already is.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/07/meghan-mccarthy-interviewed-on-nerdist.html

*Scream*
I thought another studio was gonna do 13, so they could put the two 13s together. :'(

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 29, 04:48:41

Already is.

*Scream*
I thought another studio was gonna do 13, so they could put the two 13s together. :'(

Maybe 13 part 1 and 2 episodes
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Book Smarts

Already is.

wait....no....no....

Firey

The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

videogamehunter

As long we get good lesson at the end. I think the show will still do good and that what I enjoy most from the show.

Blues-Music

Everyone that agrees with the first post is naive.Sorry , but its true.

Most of the bronies hop on every single sentence they say.Hasbro only does minor , and legal stuff as its a toy company.It doesn't write the show there will be no massive changes.They said there is no certain amount of episodes for each season so season.
Also there is no direct reason they will screw up this season.Up until now we only saw two awesome songs with not a single flaw.Yet you all bash hasbro which was the company that brought us together by making my little pony.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Aug 15, 16:20:39
Spoiler: show
Everyone that agrees with the first post is naive.Sorry , but its true.

Most of the bronies hop on every single sentence they say.Hasbro only does minor , and legal stuff as its a toy company.It doesn't write the show there will be no massive changes.They said there is no certain amount of episodes for each season so season.
Also there is no direct reason they will screw up this season.Up until now we only saw two awesome songs with not a single flaw.Yet you all bash hasbro which was the company that brought us together by making my little pony.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

1. I neverminded the part about Hasbro doing it, since I knew what was meant; the show's producers.
2. As far as things about the show goes, I didn't think we were bashing Hasbro. Even when I talk about their toys, I'm not really bashing them, just expressing some disappointment in their cheap creations. However, I'm pleased that they've started putting more effort into the toys. If you don't actually put effort into what you do, it's likely to turn out crap. Hasbro's so much better than creepy-face plushes and inaccurate toys, and they're proving it now.

Book Smarts

Star Striker

I personally feel that in which ever way the show goes in the future, I will still follow it.
This show is already edgier than most if not all childrens cartoons up to a certain age group(Say Tween-16 y/o audiences) and personally what I've seen from the various spoilers/interviews have all been things that will potentially still grapple at my attention.
The only way hasbro influences my pony is in the merchandise that I purchase... and theoretically they'll start spitting out better merch because of us. :3
I personally loved season 1, and loved season 2. I don't mind fanservice within a show... since most of the fanservice is all stuff that the fans like. :I Everyone wanted more spike, we got a lot more spike. We wanted more of Equestria's other inhabitants/background characters and we got that.
I beleive that the show is on a good track, and as long as they don't deviate from the current ways too much the show will continue to be fabulous ^w^

Book Smarts

Quote from: Star Striker on 2012 Aug 16, 04:32:53
I personally feel that in which ever way the show goes in the future, I will still follow it.
This show is already edgier than most if not all childrens cartoons up to a certain age group(Say Tween-16 y/o audiences) and personally what I've seen from the various spoilers/interviews have all been things that will potentially still grapple at my attention.
The only way hasbro influences my pony is in the merchandise that I purchase... and theoretically they'll start spitting out better merch because of us. :3
I personally loved season 1, and loved season 2. I don't mind fanservice within a show... since most of the fanservice is all stuff that the fans like. :I Everyone wanted more spike, we got a lot more spike. We wanted more of Equestria's other inhabitants/background characters and we got that.
I beleive that the show is on a good track, and as long as they don't deviate from the current ways too much the show will continue to be fabulous ^w^

I second this  :3

hyper drive [HD]

wait there working on season 4 so is season 3 out

Go Up