How far do you think MLP:FIM will make it?

Started by Des Monty, 2012 May 16, 02:23:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Des Monty

I know we all want it to last forever but some day it's going to come to an end. How long do you think it'll last?
I personally think it'll go through 5 or 6 seasons and a DVD release short film.

The brony community however, will last a lifetime  :3

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, it should get pretty far, especially considering there are bronies out there who love the show enough to get tattoos of it. I'm serious. Tattoos.. :I

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Des Monty

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 16, 02:30:30
Yeah, it should get pretty far, especially considering there are bronies out there who love the show enough to get tattoos of it. I'm serious. Tattoos.. :I

There are some real good designs out there, I wouldnt mind getting one myself.

Firey

Someone said that Season 3 will be shorter than the other seasons.
Please tell me this isn't true!  >.<
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Teal Turken

Quote from: Firey on 2012 May 16, 02:47:21

I don't know if it's true.
But what if it's way better than seasons 1 and 2 combined? O:

Des Monty

2012 May 16, 02:52:32 #5 Last Edit: 2012 May 16, 02:54:47 by Des Monty

Each season produced should contain 26 episodes, something about a contract they sign before production, not too sure about that though so don't quote me.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 May 16, 02:48:27

With the brony presence in full force I wouldn't doubt it.

Firey

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 May 16, 02:48:27

I hope so!
---------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Des Monty on 2012 May 16, 02:52:32

Each season produced should contain 26 episodes, something about a contract they sign before production, not too sure about that though so don't quote me.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Alrighty then!
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

SOWTOJ

I'm just going to wildly guess that it will last anywhere from 6-8 seasons.

Pommit

I'll play it safe and say four seasons. Let's not forget that, although it can be grand good for any programme to last a long time, the creators have got to be careful not to let the show decline in quality over the years.

Seasons 1 and 2 were fantastic, baring like, three episodes I wasn't so sure about, but that's just my opinion. I'd rather have FIM comprised of four or even just three seasons of perfect story than twenty-odd that'll gradually decrease in quality as they run out of good ideas, until it becomes an abomination (Eg: The Simpsons).

Whenever it ends, it should end in a really good final few, consecutive episodes. Followed by a movie ofc  :D

Tiger

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Lary

Live 27 more years, then suddenly die out.

Like the average life-span of a real horse.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Nala Valor

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 May 16, 06:10:22

aka until all the brony dies!
And they won't! I'm going to call all my kids fluttershy!
Nan, just kidding, just one and the others will be called by background characters.

Dragnmastralex

considering that Studio B and hasbro has been putting all its effort and time into the new show Carebears with only 20% of the original staff left on MLP:FIM and the fact that Lauren Faust now has completely left all the story and writing to Amy and her team of writers... I give it til season 4 realistically, BUT I'm hoping for 8 seasons.  The only thing that can keep it afloat is if the merchandise keeps selling and the ratings keep in high numbers.  The owners Hasbro after all are a toy company and the cartoons are developed only to sell toys.
[/center]

Trilight Dashie

It's already submitted that Season 3 will have 13 episodes. And what comes to my mind, is that s3 is the last one. Because... it's easy to deduct: Season 1 & 2 both had 26 episodes. And if it's said that S3 is going to have only 13 episodes, then it looks like an end of MLP:FiM to me...

But a small part of me says that MLP:FiM Season 4 with more than 10 episodes will be the last.

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Ryo_D_Disk

under personal opinion the show will last as long as there is a high number of the viewing audiance for the show which at the moment is high as shown by us but the show will be tougher to maintain if the show becomes to easly available for free online and what not so as long as we suport the offical release the show should maintain its quality standerd as well as its screen time as for why the next season is shorter prehaps there is a problem with development and by reducing the nuber of episodes they have more time to produce them but again this is all theory

Dragnmastralex

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 May 16, 08:34:40
It's already submitted that Season 3 will have 13 episodes. And what comes to my mind, is that s3 is the last one. Because... it's easy to deduct: Season 1 & 2 both had 26 episodes. And if it's said that S3 is going to have only 13 episodes, then it looks like an end of MLP:FiM to me...

But a small part of me says that MLP:FiM Season 4 with more than 10 episodes will be the last.

actually only 13 episodes have been CONFIRMED. meaning that they have already made 13 episodes into season 3 and they are still making more.  The process takes 3 months per episode to make and they work on up to 4 at a time, so they actually wont finish making the full 26 episodes until season 3 is almost ready to start.  26 Episodes per season is what they contract out at a time which they use to fit on the Hub's scheduled line up.  I doubt seriously that it's the last season since they have 3 more lines of toys being produced still and 2 lines being released late this fall.
[/center]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dragnmastralex on 2012 May 16, 08:31:32
considering that Studio B and hasbro has been putting all its effort and time into the new show Carebears with only 20% of the original staff left on MLP:FIM and the fact that Lauren Faust now has completely left all the story and writing to Amy and her team of writers... I give it til season 4 realistically, BUT I'm hoping for 8 seasons.  The only thing that can keep it afloat is if the merchandise keeps selling and the ratings keep in high numbers.  The owners Hasbro after all are a toy company and the cartoons are developed only to sell toys.

Carebears?! That won't be as good 'cause Lauren Faust isn't there to say "This is too girly and babyish." And if I'm right, then I'm gonna laugh when anti-bronies go "Pfff bronies are probably gonna start watching Carebears too" and their surprise if/when we show no interest in it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Trilight Dashie

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Midnight muzic

Not trying to get anyones hopes up but think of it like this. If the original MLP that had little to no ran for about 8 years imagine how long MLP will last now that it has a massive culture behind it. Again not trying to get anyones hopes up ya know. Im just saying........

I'm back from the afterlife B)
Single and looking *Ahem* Mares ;3

Rissian

Anyone else hoping that before it ends they make a spinoff season eventually in the future, possibly about the cutie mark crusaders when they're older I think those characters alone could merit a pretty good side story to some extent.

Go Up