[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

Alassë

Quote from: Sotha on 2013 Jul 08, 21:29:24
Quote from: ssumppg on 2013 Jul 07, 05:37:54Edit 2: How do you resize the banners for your signature? I want to use the "Guide" one. :)

I used this.

Code Select
[img width=475 height=112]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m486/TraviustheTrotting/TBBGuide.png[/img]
Woot, thanks! :D

Sotha

You know, someday I'm going to have to actually play the game during one of these open server weekends.
May you walk on warm sands.

Cinnibon Milque

I had found tartarus during the test. it was fun to fly around in.  ovO

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: CinniBun on 2013 Jul 10, 16:17:45
I had found tartarus during the test. it was fun to fly around in.  ovO
Spoiler: show
:]
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Weatherboy1

Hello,
I am Weatherboy1 or Silver Light (my OC/RP Character) as I prefer to be called. The Clan Silver, would wish to enter an Allied-Ship with the Traveller's Blessing. Despite our history with... Well you know... we still wish to be allies while the Silver wage war and fight against the Crimsons and Shadows. We wish to exchange knowledge, give each other supplies and talent... We will not retaliate should you deny us (unless you dare to attack the Silver Clan).
I will label conditions and more major points should you agree to begin talks.
Ut Victoria quod Ultra

Travius Trott

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 10, 23:04:55
Hello,
I am Weatherboy1 or Silver Light (my OC/RP Character) as I prefer to be called. The Clan Silver, would wish to enter an Allied-Ship with the Traveller's Blessing. Despite our history with... Well you know... we still wish to be allies while the Silver wage war and fight against the Crimsons and Shadows. We wish to exchange knowledge, give each other supplies and talent... We will not retaliate should you deny us (unless you dare to attack the Silver Clan).
Ut Victoria quod Ultra

Well, it would appear rather new herd, the Silver Clan, have asked for an alliance.
But before I'll rush in and make a decision on this, I'd like to hear the opinion on the matter from herdsponies here.

I also apologise for not being as much active while on the stresstest, and for using another character most of the time.
But I had a rather busy weekend and things to do on the Monday.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2013 Jul 11, 05:10:03
Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 10, 23:04:55
Hello,
Ut Victoria quod Ultra

Well, it would appear rather new herd, the Silver Clan, have asked for an alliance.
But before I'll rush in and make a decision on this, I'd like to hear the opinion on the matter from herdsponies here.

I also apologise for not being as much active while on the stresstest, and for using another character most of the time.
But I had a rather busy weekend and things to do on the Monday.

Well The Silver Clan wishes for a standard Neutral Pact Lasting until December 31st, 2018. Here are the major points of the agreement.

• Both sides will be able to ask each other for supplies, tools, or talent at any time at all. However the other side that would send the said things can reject at the risk of them losing the allied ship.

• The Traveller's Blessing will be recognized as an ally of the Silver Clan, and there forth an ally of our other ally, the Warriors of Harmony. 

• Both sides Must add each other's guild leaders as honorary ranks within each other's guilds

Ründo

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 11, 10:29:19

Well The Silver Clan wishes for a standard Neutral Pact Lasting until December 31st, 2018. Here are the major points of the agreement.

• Both sides will be able to ask each other for supplies, tools, or talent at any time at all. However the other side that would send the said things can reject at the risk of them losing the allied ship.

• The Traveller's Blessing will be recognized as an ally of the Silver Clan, and there forth an ally of our other ally, the Warriors of Harmony. 

• Both sides Must add each other's guild leaders as honorary ranks within each other's guilds

That agreement needs work;  specifically, the second part of the first bullet.  It shouldn't be phrased as such; since it implies that the agreement is potentially null, if one side doesn't do what the other side asks...
you should amend the agreement to not include such an implicating statement, and simply leave the option not to help if the party in question does not feel like it.
After all, an alliance is under the assumption that both sides would normally wish to help (or at least not get in each others way), and as such, both sides should understand that there can often be good reasons not to.

Well that's my two cents.  I'm not familiar with those guilds enough to make any further opinion on the matter.
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

The Wandering Magus

I would recommend a negotiation of the terms and conditions of the alliance, and the consideration of a different set of agreements with Warriors of Harmony first before alliance with the Silver Clan.  Given their past history, blindly accepting conditions on the Silver Clan's terms would be unwise.  Given the seniority of the Travellers Blessing, it should be the Blessing which lays out the conditions of any agreement, on the Blessing's terms, not on a new group's terms.

I, Feather Scroll, Bard of the Blessing, so declare my position.

Addition: I agree with Rundo's analysis of the conditions given and the recommendation of amendment.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Weatherboy1

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jul 11, 15:26:37
I would recommend a negotiation of the terms and conditions of the alliance, and the consideration of a different set of agreements with Warriors of Harmony first before alliance with the Silver Clan.  Given their past history, blindly accepting conditions on the Silver Clan's terms would be unwise.  Given the seniority of the Travellers Blessing, it should be the Blessing which lays out the conditions of any agreement, on the Blessing's terms, not on a new group's terms.

I, Feather Scroll, Bard of the Blessing, so declare my position.

Addition: I agree with Rundo's analysis of the conditions given and the recommendation of amendment.

If you want to make your own Terms and Conditions, go right ahead. However I will head Rundo's Advice and go ahead and Make it have less Loopholes.
(Original Below)
Both sides will be able to ask each other for supplies, tools, or talent at any time at all. However the other side that would send the said things can reject at the risk of them losing the allied ship.
The Traveller's Blessing will be recognized as an ally of the Silver Clan, and there forth an ally of our other ally, the Warriors of Harmony.
Both sides Must add each other's guild leaders as honorary ranks within each other's guilds

• Both Side will be Able to ask each other for Supplies, Tools, or Talent at anytime at all. However if the other side denies such other things without Justification. The Alliance ship will end.

• Should either side be discovered in passing along the Supplies, Tools, or Talent along to another guild without either side's Knowledge will result in a immediate Dissolvement of the Alliance

If the Traveller's Blessing agrees to it, I will make a much more formal document acknowledging the Alliance. You are also welcome to challenge or add to my proposal  [/list]

Ründo

2013 Jul 11, 22:28:37 #2130 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 11, 22:49:15 by Ründo
Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 11, 15:51:25

• Both Side will be Able to ask each other for Supplies, Tools, or Talent at anytime at all. However if the other side denies such other things without Justification. The Alliance ship will end.

• Should either side be discovered in passing along the Supplies, Tools, or Talent along to another guild without either side's Knowledge will result in a immediate Dissolvement of the Alliance

DD: ugh, that doesn't help...  Justification is a loose term; and making the alliance require this rule, is actually the problem I was addressing...  usually an alliance starts with the guilds simply assisting each other, when-ever they can; and if one side isn't contributing enough, a meeting to discuss the state of affairs is held.

>:/ I WILL SAY THIS... NO GUILD MEMBERS SHOULD BE FORCED TO DO WHAT ANOTHER PLAYER SAYS.   It's OK to request help and to have a group of individuals who willing help each other, but this shouldn't be a commitment; especially across guilds.

:l frankly speaking it's OK to have rules to follow, and things players shouldn't be doing (for RP sake.)  but an alliance should never force members into an uncomfortable position.

:nod: after all, and this is important... an alliance can end if either side no longer wishes to uphold it.  there is no need to add a rule that states that disobedience (even if there is no justification) is cause for the alliance to cease.

also since when did this become the type of agreement where we are not allowed to assist others outside of the alliance... >:/

THAT EXTREMELY UNDERMINES THE PRINCIPLES OF THIS GUILD.  >:O

please research the guild you wish to make an alliance with first before making such rules... :l

the following would be a lot more reasonable:

• Both sides will be able to ask each other for permission, for supplies, tools, or talent.

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Ründo on 2013 Jul 11, 22:28:37
Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 11, 15:51:25

DD: ugh, that doesn't help...  Justification is a loose term; and making the alliance require this rule, is actually the problem I was addressing...  usually an alliance starts with the guilds simply assisting each other, when-ever they can; and if one side isn't contributing enough, a meeting to discuss the state of affairs is held.

>:/ I WILL SAY THIS... NO GUILD MEMBERS SHOULD BE FORCED TO DO WHAT ANOTHER PLAYER SAYS.   It's OK to request help and to have a group of individuals who willing help each other, but this shouldn't be a commitment; especially across guilds.

:l frankly speaking it's OK to have rules to follow, and things players shouldn't be doing (for RP sake.)  but an alliance should never force members into an uncomfortable position.

:nod: after all, and this is important... an alliance can end if either side no longer wishes to uphold it.  there is no need to add a rule that states that disobedience (even if there is no justification) is cause for the alliance to cease.

also since when did this become the type of agreement where we are not allowed to assist others outside of the alliance... >:/

THAT EXTREMELY UNDERMINES THE PRINCIPLES OF THIS GUILD.  >:O

please research the guild you wish to make an alliance with first before making such rules... :l

the following would be a lot more reasonable:

• Both sides will be able to ask each other for permission, for supplies, tools, or talent.

The reason I implemented the "Not passing along the Supplies, Tools, and Talent" Is that I don't want other becoming powerful for an agreement that should only be between us two (or three). The Silver Clan by its RP Nature is secretive, and very isolationist *entering Le RP*. Only recently we have broken the said Isolationisim in our recent war with the Crimsons and Shadows. We finally decided that our clan would benefit overall if we began allying with others. *RP Mode ended*
I do agree with the terms above, I just want to make sure that the tools and talent we give you doesn't end up where we want it.

Ründo

2013 Jul 11, 23:10:33 #2132 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 11, 23:14:22 by Ründo
hmmm well I can understand that concern.... but the issue is, this guild was founded to assist others in need, in general.  We really can not back down on that  -.-; so if you wish to have an alliance with us, you will have to consider that any rescourse's given to us, might end up being used to help others outside of the alliance.  Granted this does not mean we will simply take your things, give them away, and not give you something in return.  but it's highly likely that we'll ask for help, giving help to others.  If you do not feel like participating in these activities, then making an Alliance with us might not be desirable for you.

But if you feel that you are willing to tolerate our guild's ways,  I am sure we would be happy to ally with you.  :D

...(probably  :s ... you'll have to ask the others)

Sotha

2013 Jul 12, 01:54:33 #2133 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 12, 01:56:45 by Sotha
I feel that this proposed alliance does not mesh with the larger objectives and purpose of the Traveller's Blessing. We are a general guild that offers assistance to any and all who need it, and getting caught up in whatever territory / clan war is going on between these other guilds does not support the ideals to which we strive.

Sotha has spoken.
May you walk on warm sands.

Travius Trott

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 11, 22:59:53
-Quote-snippet-

The reason I implemented the "Not passing along the Supplies, Tools, and Talent" Is that I don't want other becoming powerful for an agreement that should only be between us two (or three). The Silver Clan by its RP Nature is secretive, and very isolationist *entering Le RP*. Only recently we have broken the said Isolationisim in our recent war with the Crimsons and Shadows. We finally decided that our clan would benefit overall if we began allying with others. *RP Mode ended*
I do agree with the terms above, I just want to make sure that the tools and talent we give you doesn't end up where we want it.

Well, I am most certain that does conflict with this herd's purpose of being of assistance to those unfortunate or inexperienced.
Most certainly we would provide resources to not only one group, but any that asks without sounding demanding.
Thus I add that 'not passing supplies, tools, and talent' would quite defeat this herd's very purpose indeed.

So, just as Ründo said, we'd most surely go into an alliance if there is no restriction to our very purpose.
Also as Sotha spoke, neither would it be mindful of this herd's purpose if we as a whole end up taking a side in any form of war.

I am happy to see a herd as ancient as ours come to light, but I am afraid your therms are too strict on us and would make this herd without purpose.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2013 Jul 12, 02:32:06
Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 11, 22:59:53
-Quote-snippet-

Well, I am most certain that does conflict with this herd's purpose of being of assistance to those unfortunate or inexperienced.
Most certainly we would provide resources to not only one group, but any that asks without sounding demanding.
Thus I add that 'not passing supplies, tools, and talent' would quite defeat this herd's very purpose indeed.

So, just as Ründo said, we'd most surely go into an alliance if there is no restriction to our very purpose.
Also as Sotha spoke, neither would it be mindful of this herd's purpose if we as a whole end up taking a side in any form of war.

I am happy to see a herd as ancient as ours come to light, but I am afraid your therms are too strict on us and would make this herd without purpose.

Very well we shall remain in our alliance with the Warriors of Harmony, No further shall be taken against you unless you of course retaliate against our forces or begin allying with enemies of the Clan!

Alassë

*watches negotiations in interest* :/

Quote from: Sotha on 2013 Jul 12, 01:54:33
I feel that this proposed alliance does not mesh with the larger objectives and purpose of the Traveller's Blessing. We are a general guild that offers assistance to any and all who need it, and getting caught up in whatever territory / clan war is going on between these other guilds does not support the ideals to which we strive.
^Eeyup. My thoughts exactly. :nod:

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Sotha on 2013 Jul 12, 01:54:33

Sotha has spoken.

Just so you know, the "Shadow, and Crimson war" Is just for RP... Unless of course someone actually does make them...

Travius Trott

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 12, 09:50:43
-snippit-

Very well we shall remain in our alliance with the Warriors of Harmony, No further shall be taken against you unless you of course retaliate against our forces or begin allying with enemies of the Clan!

I see, I find it unfortunate that the therms couldn't be changed. But most certainly, we won't become aggressive against any group, but only assist ponies of every kind, thus I'm sure we won't end up in any hostile relation.

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 13, 13:58:00
-snippit-

Just so you know, the "Shadow, and Crimson war" Is just for RP... Unless of course someone actually does make them...

But of course, but so is the very nature of every alliance this herd makes.
I also dare say that most of the things I do in relation to this herd, is somewhat of a roleplay, thus even the points of roleplaying only, are taken to consideration by at least I.

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2013 Jul 13, 14:02:12
Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 12, 09:50:43
-snippit-

I see, I find it unfortunate that the therms couldn't be changed. But most certainly, we won't become aggressive against any group, but only assist ponies of every kind, thus I'm sure we won't end up in any hostile relation.

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 13, 13:58:00
-snippit-

But of course, but so is the very nature of every alliance this herd makes.
I also dare say that most of the things I do in relation to this herd, is somewhat of a roleplay, thus even the points of roleplaying only, are taken to consideration by at least I.

I intent to have alliances be RP for now, but in game when it does come out, we will have this.

Go Up