General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KirbyFluttershy

Let's just hope that we don't get outscored by the other people in the world. right now I'm placed at 93/90389.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

More like people who used items (which I can't afford any at the moment)...

I'm sitting at around 1,500 for now...
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Stardust Dragon

Both better than I: I just started up Shuffle today.  I was bored before class and decided to download it (because I'm clearly not distracting myself enough with the games and internet I already have  ovO).  Adamantly refusing to pay cash for this game for as long as humanly possible.  I've used my in-game coins exactly once, getting a Great Ball to catch a Phanphy, mainly because the Nidoran's were serving as a problem to me...

I'm surprised by several low-percent catches I've made so far, but missed a few high-catch rates...man I'm thrown off by this game's mechanics. 

Rikaria

Just got kicked down to around 2k and there's still 6 days left... I know I shouldn't worry TOO much, but if I start reaching around 10k, I'll panic >.<

KirbyFluttershy

you only need to be in top20k players to get the lucarionite mega stone so you should be fine. Complexity and Disruption delay work for higher scores, but I use them although Grinding will still matter.

Rikaria

I use the Expert stages to grind, although they don't cover all type... uhh... advantages/disadvantages.

That being said, I've yet to unlock Mewtwo's stage... Why must Ampharos's stage take soooooooooooooo long...

KirbyFluttershy

wow, pokemon shuffle has some bugs & glitches these days. well hopefully the servers have reset the players' scores who had that max score.

Stardust Dragon

I have reached Mega Mawile's stage...oh dear.  >A<

Also trying to work on the Expert Lucario stage as practice for dealing with Mega Lucario...do people have suggestions, besides praying to the RNG?

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Mar 19, 18:29:05
I have reached Mega Mawile's stage...oh dear.  >A<

Also trying to work on the Expert Lucario stage as practice for dealing with Mega Lucario...do people have suggestions, besides praying to the RNG?

well expert lucario has umbreon added while mega lucario has lucario themselves in to the puzzle play so probably level grinding matters for better score although the time makes the difference while you're fighting against lucario and mega lucario.

Mega mawile is a pain even though I had to use mega start and disruption delay to do the job, but I had charizard and lucario in as well.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Mar 20, 02:12:19
well expert lucario has umbreon added while mega lucario has lucario themselves in to the puzzle play so probably level grinding matters for better score although the time makes the difference while you're fighting against lucario and mega lucario.

Mega mawile is a pain even though I had to use mega start and disruption delay to do the job, but I had charizard and lucario in as well.

I was trying out the Expert stages in an effort to catch either Charizard or Lucario as well...but its tricky for me to react that fast, and I start panicking.  I've failed at catching either even when I do beat those stages, but I got lucky on Mega Mawile after using a gem to get 5 extra moves...and barely beating it on the last move via a lucky drop from the skies. My plan is to try and push forward as fast as I can and get the strongest psychic, fairy, or flying types I can in 4 or so days and hope for the best.

Speaking of hope, I hope the Rotom event comes around again.  I've managed to catch all of the special motor forms, save Frost Rotom, which I missed because I didn't know what I was doing.  I'd hate to have lost it forever; I'm that guy who likes having a complete Pokedex... >.<

And then there's those main-series games I'm still way behind on.  Don't worry AS, I'll get back to that third badge...eventually.  X3

KirbyFluttershy

Using extra 5 moves won't let you get any extra points and catch rate after completing the stages. It's best to use your coins for extra 5 moves, but when it comes to against the mega evo pokemon, then you wanna use mega start, complexity (if you have the coins), and disruption delay.

Expert stages is easy to do so think of those stages like it was pokemon puzzle league and challenge and you have to keep going as well.

mew, kyogre, and competing for lucarionite is drawing to an end soon so it's best to get them while you have the chance. we're not even sure if there's a 2nd chance in getting them. if there are no 2nd chances, they're gone for good.

Rikaria

2015 Mar 21, 13:58:59 #391 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 21, 14:01:31 by Rikaria
Just a reminder that I do keep the first post up-to-date concerning (notable) events and their time periods. Regardless of whether or not I do, I check the official Pokémon site, Serebii, Nintendo Life, and Nintendo Everything for news.

P.S. I'm aware of the shiny Charizard distribution in Germany, but I'm waiting for full details concerning it before I post anything else.

KirbyFluttershy

well i'm just waiting on pokemon distribution going in japan, but the places going on over there will be out of the question so only serial codes and wi-fi should do the trick.

As for pokemon shuffle, I'm just preparing for the next competition by farming coins from meowth and like about 130 coins per run, but i know i get more on weekends like around 1k with +5 moves.

Rikaria

2015 Mar 23, 15:19:04 #393 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 23, 16:22:47 by Rikaria
The General Pokémon news spoiler on the first post has been updated concerning the latest Pokémon Shuffle news. Get ready to battle more Pokémon!

EDIT: This was my rank:

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Mar 23, 15:19:04
The General Pokémon news spoiler on the first post has been updated concerning the latest Pokémon Shuffle news. Get ready to battle more Pokémon!

EDIT: This was my rank:

wow. you didn't get overscored by someone. my friend got overscored by someone and was ranked over 20k in the rankings. I'm saving my coins for the next competitive stage lol.

The next set of stage is a lot tougher than it looks now.

Stardust Dragon

Nice job on that Lucarionite.  My reactions just aren't quick enough to get me in range...I think I was in the top 44k or something, it wasn't great.  I was trying to do it without any buffs though, which came in handy when I decided to use my free Complexity - against that Mega Glalie I was smashing my face into for the last half-week.  And thank Arceus it worked, even though I only got a B rank on it. Progress!  :3

Tried out Keldeo once for the heck of it and got pretty handily beat.  I'm gonna have to get some new electric or grass types...thinking of shooting for Mega Ampharos before really seriously trying against the legendary.  Anyone had luck with it yet?

Rikaria

2015 Mar 25, 01:04:20 #396 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 25, 12:33:45 by Rikaria
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Mar 24, 23:55:34
Nice job on that Lucarionite.

Thanks!

QuoteTried out Keldeo once for the heck of it and got pretty handily beat.  I'm gonna have to get some new electric or grass types...thinking of shooting for Mega Ampharos before really seriously trying against the legendary.  Anyone had luck with it yet?

I had (Mega) Ampharos, Raikou, Zapdos, and Sceptile when I went against Keldeo. Beat it but failed to catch it the first time (zero moves left), but seeing as it was one of my favorite Pokémon (see starred note below), I ended up using Attack Power Up, (the free) Disruption Delay, and Mega Start during the next attempt. I ended up catching it at 75% without using a Great Ball. And the funny thing is: Attack Power Up and Mega Start costed exactly 5,000 Coins... Guess how much you get for beating Keldeo the first time :P (P.S. It's a great training stage for when you need to raise Grass and Electric types, even if you fail.)

★Other than for obvious reasons *cough*pony*cough*, I really liked Keldeo in Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice but absolutely loved it in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity; I properly raised two of them in the main games as proof (Black (1)/White 2 then transferred to Y/Omega Ruby).

EDIT: Oh dear Celestia, Milotic's ruthless... I mean I managed to catch it, but... urgh...

Nala Valor

I like how pokemon shuffle is just so generous. I'm currently at 6 gems and I'm still waiting for more free one.

Rikaria

I think the only event Jewels they ever gave out total was 3 so far, though you get 1 per Mega Pokémon you defeat the first time.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Mar 25, 01:04:20
Thanks!
I had (Mega) Ampharos, Raikou, Zapdos, and Sceptile when I went against Keldeo.

I'm aiming to catch Ampharos right now, but I'm kind of lacking in Ground types: Donphan is the strongest I've got.  I'm using (Mega) Slowbro because of it's barrier break to chip away at the field faster, but I still take up pretty much all my moves before I beat it.

As for the rest...ugh, expert stages.  Gotta get those reflexes going somehow, I guess.

Go Up