Suggestion: Block/Ignore

Started by Elphyda, 2018 Jan 14, 06:13:06

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Elphyda

I browsed around, looking to see if this was implemented, and was shocked to find that it doesn't exist-- in either the forum OR the game.  This is bothersome as there are plenty of ways to excessively bother someone without breaking any LoE rules or written laws by any country's jurisdiction.  Having a "Block" button on the forum and something like a "/ignore" command in-game would finally ease one from having to deal with the nuisance who pesters them to no end. 

I will reiterate, that there are ways for one to be bothered without breaking Legends of Equestria rules or written laws by any country's jurisdiction.  This means that reporting them to a Moderator-- or anyone else of any power-- would be completely useless.

This could also lighten the load from Moderators for having to deal with cases of "This person won't leave me alone", so it's good all around, I think.  I firmly believe this should be added, and very soon at that.

Thank you for your time.

Pipkin

Speaking from a purely moderation stance, someone pestering a user to the point they ask them to stop and it continuing is considered harrassment, which is indeed against the rules making pinging a moderator not so useless.

Elphyda

I have pinged Moderation for this matter before and received word that there is nothing that could be done by them.

Honey Bell

2018 Jan 14, 12:20:56 #3 Last Edit: 2018 Jan 14, 12:24:11 by -Anthea-
Hi there

Moderation does it best to get to the issues as fast as they can.
Pinging helps with this.

However.....
They can not interfere if this happens in privates messages unless this has been reported with proof.

We do watch the forums, Discord and the game as much as we can.

-Anthea-
Hello I'm Honey Bell. Got a problem, I'm all ears, and hooves *giggles*. You can always find me right here, in Discord or Ingame

Elphyda

2018 Jan 14, 12:27:56 #4 Last Edit: 2018 Jan 14, 14:45:22 by AnthroYuu
I see I'm attracting a lot of Moderators, rather than my intended audience... this is unfortunate.

Edit:  It would be nice to get some feedback from Website Developers and Programmers-- people who can actually implement these things.  Thank you.

Perry The Pony

Good Evening,

At this time we do not have a block/ignore feature in place.  This is for many reasons:

1. We have an active moderation team that try their best to catch all reported and non-reported issues.

2. Risk of the feature being abused.

While this feature would be nice to have, it can be abused from time to time.  An example would be if someone ignored all known staff members and then proceeded to break the rules.  We would have no way to properly contact them and inform them of the infractions.

This would also create more tensions then are needed as to having to worry about who blocked who in the general community.

Also at this time we do not have the resources to implement this requested feature at this time.  We are currently focusing on adding more content and fixing current issues.  Maybe at another point in time we can review and see if this is a viable option.

We thank you for the suggestion and continued support of LoE!

As always if you have an issue that needs to come to the attention of moderation, please do the following:

1. Report it to any moderation staff that is online at the time.
2. Send me a PM over the forum with the issue.
3. email [email protected]
4. Tag @moderation on the public Discord server.

With these reports please include all of the details and if able, screenshots and logs showing the issue as a whole.

Thanks,
~Perry

Elphyda

At least this message was informative.  Thank you, Perry, and I look forward to that chance that such an idea would be brought up again.  If and when it does, I will happily offer plenty of potential workarounds that I know of to get around the issues you've mentioned with at very least the Ignore system.

Go Up