@"want to play?"

Started by Sneaks, 2012 Sep 23, 11:41:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sneaks

So I was reading the latest update about LoE and we are going to be able to play it?!  :D :D :D

But my question is will we still be able to play it after the event? Will it be like a program where "If you have it, you can play it. We will update it overtime" or will we not be able to use it afterwards?

Also, so the download link for this will stay on the site right? At least through the event weekend?

P.s. A lot of questions in one huh? Bottom line is this:

I wish to know if the download in which will be posted on the site at least through the event will always be able to run for us or if it is only open through the event. If we get to keep it and use it will it be like an update/patch system?

P.p.s. If this is considered spam by any mean's please tell me.

Cerebrate

It will only be playable for the weekend that CG is running.  As this is the case, there will be no patcher system.

The download link will be on the download page when it becomes available. We might provide download links slightly before we open the server, to reduce load.

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

Quote from: The Great and Powerful Cerebrate on 2012 Sep 23, 13:39:37
It will only be playable for the weekend that CG is running.  As this is the case, there will be no patcher system.

The download link will be on the download page when it becomes available. We might provide download links slightly before we open the server, to reduce load.

What would we do with the file after the weekend?
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

Sneaks

So we will no longer be able to use the file that run's LoE anymore?

Why would we not be able to?

Well I get why we would not but I don't get the reason we wouldn't be able to keep it and play it.

BlackVortex

Will our stuff be saved for the release?
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

SweBow

2012 Sep 23, 15:24:39 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 23, 15:46:27 by SweBow
Quote from: Sneaks on 2012 Sep 23, 13:52:22

Well I get why we would not but I don't get the reason we wouldn't be able to keep it and play it.

Because it will be to much of a load on our servers. This is a pure stress test. The game is a MMO only and has no singleplayer option.

Quote from: BlackVortex on 2012 Sep 23, 14:07:10

No, we will clear the DB afterwards.

Sneaks

2012 Sep 23, 15:33:23 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 23, 15:46:43 by SweBow
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Sep 23, 15:24:39
Quote from: Sneaks on 2012 Sep 23, 13:52:22

Because it will be to much of a load on our servers. This is a pure stress test. The game is a MMO only and has no singleplayer option.

Quote from: BlackVortex on 2012 Sep 23, 14:07:10

No, we will clear the DB afterwards.

So we get to play the game for only 3 days and then what do we do with the file we downloaded?

Can you make it possible so that we can have a singleplayer mode and roam around what you guy's built for this until the release? Or is that impossible?

Well, I will love playing it during the time we have it then. By the way, one last question.

What about the pirate's who will pirate this file?(You know they will. Fighting is magic had it happen.)

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

Well I think that'll be to much of a pain to create single player in less than a week.
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

SweBow

Quote from: Sneaks on 2012 Sep 23, 15:33:23
So we get to play the game for only 3 days and then what do we do with the file we downloaded?

Can you make it possible so that we can have a singleplayer mode and roam around what you guy's built for this until the release? Or is that impossible?

Well, I will love playing it during the time we have it then. By the way, one last question.

What about the pirate's who will pirate this file?(You know they will. Fighting is magic had it happen.)

The difference between Fighting is Magic and us, is that first: We release the game files.
Second is that they use Figther Maker 2k2. There is two multiplayer server(s) software for it. So it was just to download and set them up.

We use a custom server that our team has built from scratch.

Cerebrate

2012 Sep 23, 15:55:52 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 23, 16:02:03 by The Great and Powerful Cerebrate
I am not concerned about the file being shared after the con, as it will not matter. The login server will not give out session keys to those without a high enough game access value (which you can't spoof. It's stored in your forum account), and the game servers will also deny connections to those who do not have high enough access values even if you did somehow magically get a valid session key. This is the exact same as they currently work - if someone on the team were to leak the client right now, no one would still be able to play, as the login and game servers would deny their requests.

In singleplayer mode, the client would be nothing more than a singleplayer chat client, considering all of the quest information is stored on the servers. Chatting to yourself is rather boring.

Locking thread to prevent further discussion, as we've already answered the question.

Go Up