My Little Pony: Racing is Magic (Video Game Idea)

Started by Fluffy Cloud, 2012 Mar 23, 19:44:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ShadowHeart

2012 May 31, 19:09:34 #40 Last Edit: 2012 May 31, 19:39:14 by ShadowHeart
i think the turning prob should go away once we get a real running pony!
also, i think the boosting shouldn't make u go so fast. The whole fun of a race is being clumped together and in the heat of competition.
btw im thinking of getting unity....is it free? Is it easy? Is it laggy? Does it take up lots of space? is it hard to download? is it fun?

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Tekner

2012 May 31, 20:46:10 #41 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 01, 03:46:32 by Tekner
Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 May 31, 19:09:34
i think the turning prob should go away once we get a real running pony!
also, i think the boosting shouldn't make u go so fast. The whole fun of a race is being clumped together and in the heat of competition.
btw im thinking of getting unity....is it free? Is it easy? Is it laggy? Does it take up lots of space? is it hard to download? is it fun?
Unity is free. There is a pro version for $1500 that has quite a few more (albeit useful, but unnecessary) features and optimizations. Define easy. You do need to know how to program in either C#, Javascript, or Boo (or know someone who does ;)), if you want to make anything worthwhile. What it does is give you a 3D workspace where you place game objects. From there, you attach scripts and other components to those objects. The program itself isn't laggy considering how powerful it is. Compared to programs like steam and big games like World of Warcraft, it hardly consumes any cpu cycles at all. My Mac installation is about 1.9 gigs. I have a feeling that it'll be slightly smaller for a windows installation. In comparison, My World of Warcraft install takes about 24.5 gigs and Diablo 3 takes up about 12 gigs. It's super easy to download and install. I find it very fun to use because you can make changes and test them immediately. You can even edit a script while the game is running (that's a programmer's dream)! Also, anything edited while the game is running is automatically reverted back when the game ends so you can test things without worrying about hitting Ctrl+Z hundreds of times. The only complaint I have is that sometimes certain things glitch up when you upgrade your project (you have to update your project with Unity when it updates.) The biggest advantage of Unity is that you can save your project and open it on Mac or Windows and that it can compile the game to a Unix OR Windows executable. I cannot stress how amazing that last feature is. If it didn't compile to both formats, you'd have to reprogram the ENTIRE thing in another language. Talk about a pain in the flank...

Off Topic Edit: LoE opened up the application process for programmers, modelers, artists, and concept designers recently and I've applied as a programmer. If I get accepted, I may not have time to work on this, or will end up working on it as part of LoE. Either way, I'd like to make you aware of the situation. Wish me luck! :D

ShadowHeart

thank you so much for considering me  ^-^
goodluck!
oh and u have diablo 3? did the error thing go away  lol

Tekner

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 Jun 01, 09:37:29
thank you so much for considering me  ^-^
goodluck!
oh and u have diablo 3? did the error thing go away  lol
Eh, no I didn't get diablo 3. I have heard that error 37 is pretty annoying though.
I just gave that example because I figured you'd know what it was, and I was right!

ShadowHeart

i dont play it but my friends do and they said it was rly annoying

Tekner

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 Jun 01, 14:49:36
i dont play it but my friends do and they said it was rly annoying
Haha, I bet. I found some pretty funny rages on youtube about it only hours after the game was released.
In other news, I'M ON THE LoE DEV TEAM! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
So yeah... this game is now dead in its current state and I'll see what I can do about pushing the idea to be added in LoE, if they didn't/aren't already. Thank you for your support guys! I'll really appreciate it!

ShadowHeart

Lord of Madness

aaand.. i read this thread... AAANNNND... now im off to playing racing games... LOL

Blues-Music

Hope its not like mario kart we all had that one split second of winning the final race in first place ,but then bam green shells red shells even blue shells they even transform into bullet bill ,and beat you another thing about the items is that they suck in first place.

ShadowHeart

I hope not. i hope if it does get somewhere that we can just have simple unicorn spells

Blues-Music

What about earth ponies?Don't tell me they will grow food then throw it at you.

ShadowHeart

the earth ponies are better at boosting, the unicorns can cast spells, and the pegasi can fly at certain places to make themselves go faster.....i hope.....and i hope boosting isn't as frequent as it is in this demo

Go Up