Does anypony really know?

Started by HerpyDooves, 2012 Jun 13, 10:50:27

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HerpyDooves

Does anyone know exactly how old the Mane 6 are? They don't seem like adults, nor filly's, how old are they?

Blues-Music

Well we know the age of pinkie pie which is 17 that makes fluttershy 18.P.S I just heard that on the forums im not sure though.

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 13, 10:51:23
Well we know the age of pinkie pie which is 17 that makes fluttershy 18.P.S I just heard that on the forums im not sure though.

and where did you get this info from?

i want source!  :]

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Deviant

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 13, 10:55:00
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 13, 10:51:23

and where did you get this info from?

i want source!  :]

What snarfgsnor said, when did Pinkie say she's 17, we know that FS is one year older than Pinkie but thats all....

Mr.Darkling

I think Lauren Faust herself said they're ages around the late teens/young adults age.

I don't have a source for this but I'll have a look around for it.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Little Judas

2012 Jun 13, 12:06:03 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 13, 12:28:52 by Little Judas
They are old enough to have jobs, but they seems younger than the Cakes (and they have the age of parenthood).
Also some of you are comparing with the age of humans.
http://horses.about.com/b/2012/02/29/how-long-do-horses-live.htm --> comment 9
Guinness book recorded the oldest pony at 56y.
So we can assume ponies reach maturity at a younger age than 18-20y.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Blues-Music

I said I heard it around the forums ,and i'm not sure if its true or not.  >:/

HerpyDooves

2012 Jun 13, 12:56:27 #7 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 13, 13:22:12 by HerpyDooves
I don't think they live up to just 27  :\

Lord of Madness

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jun 13, 12:56:27
I don't they live up to just 27  :\

I've heard both around the forums and other sources that thats the case. they live the lifespan of normal ponies

Trilight Dashie

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Lary

Lauren Faust original intended them to be ponies, not humans in pony bodies. The average life span of a pony is 30 years.

I'd give this a read, if you're interested in trying to figure this out.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

GuitarBrony

well, it seems like they live rather human-lengthed lives. given the stark difference in life over the span of Granny Smith's lifespan. and it wouldn't make them humans in pony bodies. remember. this is an alternate universe. we can't really know if it works like OUR ponies.

however, that being said, i could be wrong.

but if i had to place their ages, i'd put pinkie at maybe 19, fluttershy at 20, Applejack and Rarity at about 23-24, and Rainbow Dash and twilight at around 21-22.

a little older than what some people will say, but, i'm taking into consideration that Rarity lives alone, and has her own business (so young adult), AJ is in charge of the farm (would need to be a tad older), and pinkie is boarding with her employers, so at the least 18.

this is all in human years. you can translate that to a horse lifespan if you want.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Book Smarts

Quote from: GuitarBrony on 2012 Jun 13, 16:01:45
well, it seems like they live rather human-lengthed lives. given the stark difference in life over the span of Granny Smith's lifespan. and it wouldn't make them humans in pony bodies. remember. this is an alternate universe. we can't really know if it works like OUR ponies.

however, that being said, i could be wrong.

but if i had to place their ages, i'd put pinkie at maybe 19, fluttershy at 20, Applejack and Rarity at about 23-24, and Rainbow Dash and twilight at around 21-22.

a little older than what some people will say, but, i'm taking into consideration that Rarity lives alone, and has her own business (so young adult), AJ is in charge of the farm (would need to be a tad older), and pinkie is boarding with her employers, so at the least 18.

this is all in human years. you can translate that to a horse lifespan if you want.

Since i'm to lazy at the moment to type, I agree with this  :D

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Jun 13, 12:06:03
They are old enough to have jobs, but they seems younger than the Cakes (and they have the age of parenthood).
Also some of you are comparing with the age of humans.
http://horses.about.com/b/2012/02/29/how-long-do-horses-live.htm --> comment 9
Guinness book recorded the oldest pony at 56y.
So we can assume ponies reach maturity at a younger age than 18-20y.

During the Canterlot Wedding episode, Pinkie Pie showed her party plan to Chrysalis disguised as Cadence, to which ChrysaCadence replied "It's perfect. If it were a party for a six-year-old."

It makes me feel like they're going with ponies in Equestria aging the same way that humans do. After all, they're not normal horses.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Blues-Music

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 13, 15:22:28
Lauren Faust original intended them to be ponies, not humans in pony bodies. The average life span of a pony is 30 years.

Not humans in pony bodies ponies with human brains also that is Lauren Fausts official deviantart account so what she says is law I guess.

I think its the same with dog years 2 months are a year to them maybe.

Trilight Dashie

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 14, 06:00:23
Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 13, 15:22:28

Not humans in pony bodies ponies with human brains also that is Lauren Fausts official deviantart account so what she says is law I guess.

I think its the same with dog years 2 months are a year to them maybe.

One our year is nearly 15 years for dogs. But I would rather compare pony maturity level to half of ours'.

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Ryo_D_Disk

me thinks the better question is how old is Kaydence think about it compared to luna and celestia but as for the mane 6 id guess 16ish maybe one year above and below for some and who said they were all the same age to begin with

The Traveling Monk

2012 Jun 14, 21:05:00 #17 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 14, 21:09:12 by The Traveling Monk
Well seeing as how Celestia and Luna are over two thousand years old... (correct me if I'm wrong please) I sort of assumed that the ponies in the show went more by human(ish?) years instead of regular pony years. Being two thousand years old when your subjects live around 70ish years old on average is one thing. Being two thousand years old when your subjects live to be about thirty to forty sounds a bit more... out of place-ish I think.

In short to answer the question of the thread's title: No. I don't think anypony here really knows.
The path of life is a winding one. It is best to remain hopeful down it, and to bring a few good friends and snacks for the trip.   -Panxen, the traveling monk.

My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2937.0

The Wandering Magus

Well, taking into account what's been said about how old Ponyville is, and that Granny is older than it...
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Dawnstar

I personally just assumed that they were between the pony equivalent of 18 to 26 year old humans and just sort of left it at that. Old enough to have jobs, but still young enough to have a lot to learn about the world.

If I were to give a rough guess though I honestly think pinkie and twilight seem to be the youngest of the bunch, with fluttershy and rainbow in the middle and rarity and applejack being easily the oldest. But that's just a rough guess from my personal opinion.

As for lifespans I figured earth pony's would have something similar to horses and ponies on our world while pegasi would have slightly longer lifespans and unicorns having the longest (with the exception of alicorns of course).

All personal opinions though with a lot of speculation since until actual ages are given out there's no real fact to go on.

Go Up