anyone play the roleplaying is magic tabletop?

Started by atarumenchi, 2015 Jan 24, 05:24:27

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

atarumenchi

I'm actually in a campaign for the S3 rules and so far, it's been pretty fun.
Wondering if anyone else has played yet.
Maybe one of these days, we can get a roll20 game of it started like I'm involved in right now  ^-^  :]  :D

freekyjester

2015 Mar 04, 23:57:20 #2 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 05, 00:00:35 by freekyjester
What? How long has there been a MLP RPG? I only know of pony-finder, but it was not a direct connection to the show (for obvious reasons). Is it any good? If it is, I'm down for trying it.

atarumenchi

This project is now available to anyone who wants to create it using their stuff.  They no longer work on anything beyond their last release of Season 4, but they left it open so that it can adjust for seasons 5+
The site will remain available to this day
http://www.roleplayingismagic.com/
go there and see for yourself
I'm very familiar with the S3 rule set, so if I decide to run a roll20 game, I'm using S3 rule set.

annosrules

I know that there's a group working on rules for the new 5e rule set. They release I on deviant art and you can find it by searching "MLP 45e"

(Sorry for the lack of a link, I'm posting this from my phone)

atarumenchi

Quote from: annosrules on 2015 Apr 14, 22:43:14
I know that there's a group working on rules for the new 5e rule set. They release I on deviant art and you can find it by searching "MLP 45e"

(Sorry for the lack of a link, I'm posting this from my phone)

thing about what they're doing there is that they're using D&D 5th edition rules for it.
This system was developed by the team and run using D6s.  The first and second editions were run on d20 systems, but decided to go d6 to simplify things.

annosrules

5e still uses plenty of d20's, and even my most dedicated 3.5 fan boy friend has openly stated how much he likes 5e. Yes 5e doesn't have as much of an in-depth skill system, but I often found the old skill point version to be very restrictive, and their are a lot of alternate rules on the Dungeon Master's guide that change how the skill system works, and even one that removes it. 5e may be simpler than 3.5, but it's no 4e.

atarumenchi

I'm not debating on systems here.
The link I gave is a self-made system that doesn't use ANY edition of D&D
the one you're talking about is a compatible with edition of the RPG for MLP.
We're talking about two completely different ones here.

Pipkin

I started playing RiM a couple years ago and I still have two character sheets made up.  Unfortunately our campaign came to a sudden end and we never started it back up

It's a shame, I really enjoyed playing it.  I didn't see me as the roleplaying type

atarumenchi

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Apr 17, 03:13:44
I started playing RiM a couple years ago and I still have two character sheets made up.  Unfortunately our campaign came to a sudden end and we never started it back up

It's a shame, I really enjoyed playing it.  I didn't see me as the roleplaying type

You'd be surprised when you try something new.
I had a group once, but that fell apart.  Now I'm with a roll20 group in which we're continuing next week with the 2nd arc.  We're using the S3 rules as they're more solidified than the S4 edition (though S4 can be customized to include the new season 5 as soon as it's all released.

Go Up