Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LaptopCommandStation

2012 Sep 23, 18:54:38 #3860 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 23, 19:03:53 by LaptopCommandStation
The baseboard heaters in my apartment suck, badly.
And the fact that it's now cold enough that I need them.  I can't use a space heater as last time I did I blew a circuit, and the maintenance guy had to come in and replace ALL the wall sockets in my bedroom and office.
Which also annoyed me as he did it while I was at work(He entered my premises without consent).  I think that actually got him fired though, I haven't seen him since.

Thinking about how cold it is reminds me of the fact winter's coming, and Ontario snowbelt winters SUCK for drivers(Anyone aware of Southern ontario will know about the horrors of living around Hwy.4, 23, 21 and 8.)  I have to take AT LEAST 2 of these roads daily to get to work, and I can't wait for the snow to fall and make my hour long drive to work that much more exiting, in my RWD little truck.

Oh, and when I post something in the forums and it's completely overlooked because someone else posted after me and it carried over to a new page.
/rant

Teal Turken

When it doesn't rain on a super hot summer day here in Florida.... ovO
Oh, I love walking on hot concrete at Wet'n'Wild, waiting in line for 40 minutes to climb a giant stone and metal staircase to a giant plastic sun scorching plastic slide that has icy water running down it and a pool at the bottom with the slide perfectly angling you to shoot water up your nose and burn our your eyes. ovO

ChilledEagle

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Sep 23, 19:05:31
When it doesn't rain on a super hot summer day here in Florida.... ovO
Oh, I love walking on hot concrete at Wet'n'Wild, waiting in line for 40 minutes to climb a giant stone and metal staircase to a giant plastic sun scorching plastic slide that has icy water running down it and a pool at the bottom with the slide perfectly angling you to shoot water up your nose and burn our your eyes. ovO

This and I get annoyed when my glasses seem like they'll never get clean.

Teal Turken

When I drop my ice cream. DD:

Voidwalker

Especially if it is a triple scoop: mint choc chip, strawberry and raspberry ripple with brandy sauce and fudge pieces on top.
^My favorite icecream

Maybe a little more ionization on the wings... Aaack!
Here are my OCs

Lord of Madness

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Sep 22, 22:33:17
Missing football because it doesn't start until 8:30pm, which is too late.
And i'm now in pain as my wisdom teeth are now coming in, which is great as
1)I have no cover staff at work, meaning I won't be able to take time off work when I get them cut out, which from the feel of HOW they're coming it(1 is coming in sideways), won't be fun
2)My benefits won't be active for another 2 months, and with these teeth costing ~$1000 each...kinda need those
3)Can't sing(I tried), and I can't really eat either

DD:

my top wisdom teeth came in perfectly... but my bottom ones were all like "we gonna do our own thing..."

Chishio Kunrin

Get a shake, stick a straw in it, try to drink... nothing comes up. Turn into a vacuum cleaner. :l

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Sep 23, 07:48:43
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Sep 22, 21:41:06
Spoiler: show
This has already happened twice, and it's happening again.
Rumor going around the school that says I hit a girl on the bus near the start of last year.
The rumor is true.
However, it was spread by the same person I hit, so the whole story obviously isn't being said.
They hit the side of my head very, very hard. I turned around, gave them time to apologize before I flipped out. They did not. Thus, I flipped out, slammed the side of my wrist on their forehead, and turned around.
Exactly two people who saw weren't on the girl's side saw and thus believe me. The staff all believe me. The students? First two times, the only ones that believed it were those already on their side. This year, half everyone thinks I hit first, and when I tell them what really happened?
"The law says you have to let them hit three times, then you can hit them with an open hand once."
All my wuts.
The law does not care for gender or race, something those dummkopfs just can't understand.

Spoiler: show

I've been having some troubles with this too. So, against my better judgement, I decided to try and work with 2 other kids on a project, to maybe make at least 1 friend in the entire school. Of course, as soon as we started talking about cool stuff, some kid that wasn't even part of the conversation asked me why I fell down the stairs 3 years ago, and why I was in the wheelchair, because it was just 3 stairs. First of all, it was 8 stairs. Second of all, there was NEVER a wheelchair involved. I don't even know where he got that. Of course, the 2 kids I was working with now think of me as a loser. You think I'd learn to stop trying to make friends...

There were apparently lots of rumors about me in high school that I didn't know about, and they were more likely about some other girl who apparently looked a lot like me and wore a wolf tail to school every day. I never saw this girl. It made me kind of angry when someone in the lunch line said to me "Oh yeah, you used to wear a wolf tail to school every day." NO. I. DIDN'T. :l I don't even own a wolf tail! Granted, I own a fox tail (which was torn in half recently), but I never wore that to school either. I'm not that stupid girl who said stupid things that caused rumors about me.
But I'm always gonna be that "freak" in everyone else's memories.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

My PS3 is broken again with the same issue as before  :c

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 24, 00:21:48
My PS3 is broken again with the same issue as before  :c

I am annoyed when game systems break..

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 23, 23:53:57
There were apparently lots of rumors about me in high school that I didn't know about, and they were more likely about some other girl who apparently looked a lot like me and wore a wolf tail to school every day. I never saw this girl. It made me kind of angry when someone in the lunch line said to me "Oh yeah, you used to wear a wolf tail to school every day." NO. I. DIDN'T. :l I don't even own a wolf tail! Granted, I own a fox tail (which was torn in half recently), but I never wore that to school either. I'm not that stupid girl who said stupid things that caused rumors about me.

I usually try not to worry about what other people think of me, true friends won't care about rumors other people started about you especially if it's rumors from the past. I mean the odds of you running into those same people who started the rumors again later in life are pretty low and if they still try to hold them over your head then they need to grow up and stop degrading others/believing every rumor they hear.

I'm slightly annoyed at the ice cream I grabbed from the freezer, it tasted bitter for some reason and just plain odd I don't think it's expired or anything though.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 24, 02:21:05
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 23, 23:53:57

I usually try not to worry about what other people think of me, true friends won't care about rumors other people started about you especially if it's rumors from the past. I mean the odds of you running into those same people who started the rumors again later in life are pretty low and if they still try to hold them over your head then they need to grow up and stop degrading others/believing every rumor they hear.

I'm pretty sure they will remember it and still hold it against me, considering these are the same people who remembered that I played pretend as a dog in Kindergarten and still made fun of me for it in 12th grade. 13 years later. I was a child. Children kind of like to play pretend. And that's why I hate people around here so much. I never want to see any of them again, except the people I actually befriended. If I do see any of them and they bring that stuff up, I'm liable to snap. They drive me crazy. I don't wanna run into one of them in Walmart and end up starting a fist fight or something.
It's kind of hard to let that kind of stuff go when those people make you miserable for over a decade.

On-topic: "It's not spetsnaz. It's the USSR. The spetsnaz was created by Black Ops."
*Facehoof* Oh, silly Call of Duty players...

Rissian

They kind of sound like diamond tiara then.  :c

Err anyways my spicy ramen annoyed me today because I didn't give it time to cool it almost burnt my mouth, having spicy ramen after vanilla ice cream may be a bad idea as well although dairy products usually help protect the stomach from being irritated by spicy foods. So hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me.

Frostberry

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 24, 02:56:51

Err anyways my spicy ramen annoyed me today because I didn't give it time to cool it almost burnt my mouth, having spicy ramen after vanilla ice cream may be a bad idea as well although dairy products usually help protect the stomach from being irritated by spicy foods. So hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me.

Who eats spicy food after sweet?  o.O

Rissian

2012 Sep 24, 03:14:01 #3873 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 24, 03:16:42 by Trege
Quote from: Frostberry on 2012 Sep 24, 03:05:43
Who eats spicy food after sweet?  o.O

I'm probably just strange then, because it doesn't bother me much.  x3

Not to mention it helps clear sinuses which dairy products irritate if you have allergies.

Chishio Kunrin

I've thought about putting hot sauce on homemade vanilla flavor ice cream before. :/ Never tried it because I don't like spicy, but I feel like that'd be an interesting idea.
My reasoning: People like sweet + spicy. Why do you think there are people who eat chocolate-dipped peppers?

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 24, 03:26:44
I've thought about putting hot sauce on homemade vanilla flavor ice cream before. :/ Never tried it because I don't like spicy, but I feel like that'd be an interesting idea.
My reasoning: People like sweet + spicy. Why do you think there are people who eat chocolate-dipped peppers?

My grandpa tried putting hot sauce on ice cream, I can't remember how he explained the flavor but he said it destroyed his stomach. he puts tabasco sauce on everything though I don't know how he can even handle it he must have an iron clad stomach.  :I

My personal favorite sauce though isn't spicy it's sweet and sour sauce, especially dipping rice flour chicken in it or chicken nuggets.

Frostberry

Sounds even more strange than eating spicy food after sweet, but the ppl who eat chocolate-dipped peppers eat them cause (thats the only thing that makes sense to me) they can't taste anything different anymore.  X3

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Frostberry on 2012 Sep 24, 03:40:04

Sounds even more strange than eating spicy food after sweet, but the ppl who eat chocolate-dipped peppers eat them cause (thats the only thing that makes sense to me) they can't taste anything different anymore.  X3

You can eat a chocolate-dipped habanero, but if you do, most places have you sign a waver before they let you eat it. X3 That way they're legally not responsible for anything that happens to you for eating it.

It's kind of annoying how absolutely crazy some people are when it comes to spicy things, even drinking shots of buffalo sauce. But then again, science says that people who truly love spicy food like pain. :I So maybe they are crazy.

Frostberry

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 24, 03:46:28
Quote from: Frostberry on 2012 Sep 24, 03:40:04

You can eat a chocolate-dipped habanero, but if you do, most places have you sign a waver before they let you eat it. X3 That way they're legally not responsible for anything that happens to you for eating it.

It's kind of annoying how absolutely crazy some people are when it comes to spicy things, even drinking shots of buffalo sauce. But then again, science says that people who truly love spicy food like pain. :I So maybe they are crazy.

Ohh yes, when I'm eating at my friends house (she loves spicy food) I always feel like dying, 'cause she cooks everything too spicy for me, but for her its like milk chocolate  o.O

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 24, 03:46:28

Kind of reminds me of the Man VS Food challenges. If you ask me the stuff he does is pretty crazy and I'm surprised he doesn't have health problems from the stuff he eats. I know that eating spicy food can actually probably choke you, if it hits your tonsils. My dad almost choked when that happened to him he had trouble breathing for a bit If I'm recalling what he said correctly.

I don't like pure spicy foods I like them to have some flavor like spicy but also have a good taste or else it's just mindlessly burning your mouth for no reason.

Go Up