The Evil Within

Started by Explolguy, 2013 Jul 08, 22:00:52

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Explolguy

Firstly, I'm a big horror fan. This game certainly caught my interest.

Bethesda's new project, The Evil Within, is a survival horror game that promises to actually be survival horror. None of that "Jumpscare blow it away with your infinite arsenal of weapons" horror. This is true survival horror under the direction of Shinji Mikami, who is best known for creating and directing the Resident Evil series (You know, before he left and it went to crap).

The game doesn't support a very original plotline: "When Detective Sebastian and his partner rush to the scene of a gruesome mass murder, a mysterious, powerful force is lying in wait for them. Witnessing the killing of fellow police officers one after another, Sebastian is then attacked and loses consciousness. Waking up in a land where monsters are wandering about, he has to fight his way through a world of death and his close friend's madness in order to understand what's going on. Sebastian has to face his fears in order to survive on a journey to discover what lies in the shadows of that mysterious force."

That being said, from what gameplay I have seen of it, and through various interviews with the creators, it looks as if they want to actually bring back true survival horror. Resource management, a chilling atmosphere, and the knowledge that fighting, or merely encountering, a group of enemies could lead to your quick demise. Hopefully they make good on the promise, and it's not just another, "A skeleton popped out," game.

This is the currently short wikipedia article on the game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evil_Within

I encourage others interested in the game to look up gameplay videos and developer interviews regarding the game. I would post them, but there is explicit content (blood, gore, etc.) in most of the videos, and I would rather not break the rules.
No

Mr. Gency

Awesome, it's gonna be on current get consoles.
The best part of a stealth game is sitting in a dark corner, listening to some guards talk about mundane things.

Explolguy

I probably should have mentioned that. I always seem to forget that part. But yeah, I believe (I'll edit this later if I'm wrong) it's set to be released on current and next gen consoles.
No

Go Up