Started by Zedd, 2013 Jul 26, 16:34:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zedd

2013 Jul 26, 16:34:08 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 20, 20:12:34 by Zedd
Name: Omicron Tech

Spoiler: show

Race: Unicorn

Known Magic: Exceptional ability to move large object and assemble components into completed things

Hometown: Unavailable

Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_5u580l4UJ0/UfPJbIuWbWI/AAAAAAAAAYE/gT2fzsyumBc/s1600/Omicron_OC.jpg

Personality: Usually nice, a bit lazy, ignores formalities and authority, not very trustworthy with scheduling, is often rather sporatic - sometimes is very logical, other times makes no sense at all

Likes: Creating things, most fruits and berries, abstract artwork

Dislikes: Obeying authority or being told what to do, schedules and order, formalities

Bio + Backstory:

From a young age, Omicron showed a talent at moving objects with his magic. Though he did very poorly at transforming objects (such as turning an apple into an orange), he was able to move or bend remarkably large objects. His hometown, which resided below a dam, was saved by him when he calculated that the structural integrity of the dam was too low for the pressure of the water running behind it to hold for over a month from then. He alerted the town mayor and they were able to construct a dam in a lower pressure area where it would hold for a much longer amount of time.

Omicron has a master's degree in mechanical engineering after studying at Hayvard University. He currently resides in Unavailable and works at a consulting office to help other ponies create new vehicles or other mechanical objects. Though brilliant, he has an unpredictable attitude and will sometimes take weeks or even months off work when he isn't in the mood or feeling lazy. Omicron has also earned a bit of a reputation for being incredibly unprofessional and completely ignoring most authority - with the exception of a few such as Celestia herself.

However, he does seem to be hiding something. He never reveals where he really works at, nor any locations related to where he used to live at. Though he claims to live in Phillydelphia, nopony there recognizes him. Some suspect that he is running from the law, but when asked, Celestia said, "Omicron did what some creatures would consider a bad deed long ago, and it would be a bad idea for me to get involved in his matters. However, his run has more than taught him his lesson. I believe that he deserves freedom, though clearly some creatures would disagree." It is certainly notable that Celestia used the term creatures over ponies, implying that perhaps Omicron had a run-in with another species.

I created the picture in Photoshop using a retextured version of Big Macintosh with Shining Armor's horn. Everything else was done myself*. To my knowledge there are no other ponies with this name, I apologize if someone DID name their OC Omicron, in which case I will rename him to something else.

*I actually did get the goggles from Rainbow Dash.

Name: Flash Flame

Race: Pegasus

Wingpower: 15.5

Hometown: Cloudsdale

Appearance: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IJRLgFQIfBI/UgbSkdowY-I/AAAAAAAAAY0/JnbOBCO1AjA/s1600/FlashFlame_OC.jpg

With Cutie Mark (he doesn't have his at this time): http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Wyt51aGfB2k/UgbcEhQfNlI/AAAAAAAAAZE/rlDFthYvNbI/s1600/FlashFlameCM_OC.jpg

Personality: Hardworking, Very confident in his own abilities, even a bit cocky at times, quickly grows impatient

Dislikes: Waiting, doctors and hospitals

Bio + Backstory:

Flash Flame does not yet have his Cutie Mark, though he does have a general idea of what it will be. He's an exceptional flier - faster than most full-grown pegasus, and he loves flying up to incredibly high altitudes and then plummeting downwards. The heat, the adrenaline, the excitement! However, he dislikes school a bit for he just has to sit around listening to his teacher lecture his class. Flying is far cooler.

Flame was also created in Photoshop. I managed to find a small colt on Google Images (I don't remember what I searched, but I do remember that he originally had a dark gray mane, light gray coat, and magenta-ish eyes) and re-colored and shaded him. Also, I made the nose a little more masculine. The background was done by myself though.

Azure Lux:

Race: Unicorn

Known magic: The exclusive ability to create light sources

Homeland: Neighagra Falls

Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lN_7485hZf4/UhP-4pajxgI/AAAAAAAAAZs/-0SV6DDQFw0/s1600/AzureLux_OC.jpg

Personality: Quiet, shy, optimistic, upbeat, listens

Dislikes: Darkness, loud or high-pitched noises

Bio + Backstory:

Azure Lux grew up near Neighagra Falls, in a small hut built by her parents. Nopony lived near the three and they grew all of their food, but they were never lonely. Often the three would take trips to Manehatten. Azure was also educated by her parents, and she learned quite well, receiving a better education than most fillies get at a regular school.

When she was 14, Azure got her cutie mark, rather late compared to most ponies. It started when the three were at Neighagra Falls, and Azure fell into the water. Her parents tried to get her out before she went down the waterfall, but they weren't able to do it. Azure was a poor swimmer at the time as well, so she couldn't swim out. She closed her eyes as the waterfall approached. Then she fell.

Azure felt her hindquarters aching when she woke up. It was dark, wherever she was. Dark and moist. She turned around and saw the water pouring down behind her, but not much light was coming through. She must've been in a cave of some sort. Then Azure saw a little light ahead of her. She stood up and the pain in her hindquarters increased. However, they weren't broken. She started walking toward the light, cautiously. As she approached the light, her horn began to glow. When she reached the light, she saw that it was coming from a crystal of some sort, resting right on top of a pool of water.

Her horn began pulling her forward. "Ahh! Stop," Azure exclaimed, but the horn kept pulling her toward the crystal. Then the water was below her. But she was on the water, not in it.  Hesitantly, Azure started to realize she was fine. She realized that nothing would go wrong. All of her fears began to wash away. She walked toward the crystal, willingly now, until her horn touched it. A blindingly bright light was emitted from the crystal, and Azure lost consciousness again. When she awoke, she was on the side of the river that Neighagra Falls fell into. She stood up and started trekking up the cliff. Her parents spotted her about halfway up and had an immense look of relief. Azure told her parents what happened when she finished climbing back up, and they pointed out that she had a cutie mark. Azure was thrilled, and she found that she could create light from her horn, similar to how the crystal created light.

The next day, Azure tried to find where that cave might be. She looked at the waterfall from almost every angle, but saw nothing. Azure gave up the search, and just remained content. After all, not everything had to make sense. Recently, she moved to Ponyville for a change of scenery, and to get to know other ponies a bit.

I made Azure Lux with Photoshop using a re-colored Luna. Everything else was done myself.

Thanks for reading! :D
Currently innactive. School's been bogging me down. :(

Shadow Mare

Zedd

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Jul 26, 17:43:51
His cutie mark is three lines?

It was. I just now fixed it. Cubes are cool. :D

Shadow Mare

Um ok??? What does having a cube mean for a cutie mark? Care to explain?

Zedd

Creativity and the ability to manipulate large objects I suppose?  o.O Do you have any suggestions?

Go Up