Durpy

Started by ~Durpy, 2012 Dec 19, 03:35:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

~Durpy

2012 Dec 19, 03:35:14 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 01, 14:44:36 by ~Durpy
Just going to put this here to keep record.
I wrote this just now. First OC thingy I ever made so.....go figure. If there are any grammar issues please tell me  X3
If there's something horribly wrong do tell me aswell.

OC Creation Date: November 11, 2011 4:59PM
Spoiler: show

Secondary Color was obviously later changed

Name: Durpy
Race: Pegasus
Cutie Mark: Black orb emitting sound waves, and distortion.
Color: Light Gray Coat. Black and Yellowish mane and tail.
Likes: Flying around at night, Music, Lurking around ponies, Boxes, Coffee Muffins, Creating sounds.
Dislikes:  Anypony that is rude or mean, to anyone.
Personality: Quiet, Well-Mannered, very clumsy, Can be very silly among his friends.
Fears: Falling, Things he never seen..
Other:
-He can speak like a mare.
-His name was given to him due to his clumsy stature.

Base Appearance:

Cutie Mark:

Bio:
Durpy, Born in Manehattan, and raised by a mare that never told him her name, let alone remember how she looked like. She only raised him until he was able to walk and was well educated by one of the best teachers she could hire. After that, she kicked him out of the house with supplies and food, the only words she muttered was "Go and earn your life". At first it seemed impossible that a small colt could run about on his own in the big city, but he made the best of it and looked for somewhere to live. He has found a nice small apartment that was given to him by the landlord for free, since he was feeling so generous and all. After his first night in his home with no bed...he went off and looked for a job, unfortunately no one was hiring except for one job, but it required some experience in creating sounds for arcade games. Since he had no idea on how to do such a thing, he went to the library, and looked for some books on sound creation. Upon reading this book, he has realized there is literally no way or him to create these if he doesn't have the money to buy such expensive equipment, so he scrapped that job. Gladly the Equestrian Government gave him some benefits, such as free food, since he doesn't have a job yet. After 3 weeks and no luck finding any work for such a young colt, the only thing he could think of was to leave city, and move somewhere else, so he looks for a map, and heads for Ponyville. The next day he packs his items, and heads to Ponyville, didn't really take long to get there, just 5 hours of walking, since flying would make his entire inventory fly away. After his arrival, he tried looking for this place called Cloudsdale, up in the sky, so he can sign up in the flight academy, and began living in Cloudsdale for the time being. A couple of years past by, Durpy is living in his own home, and everything is pretty much peachy...except for one thing, and that is that he never has gotten his cutiemark. This has haunted him over the years he was a colt, thinking he would never get one, and the annoying teasing he had to pull through, and the thousands of mistakes he made in the Flight academy. But he ignored them all and did what he could. So one day he was thinking about his past...and one thing kept brushing at him, was that book, about creating sounds, and since he actually had the money he had earned in the past, he quickly went off to the library of Ponyville run by a Purple unicorn Twilight Sparkle. After entering the library, he bolted out the door because he saw something he has never seen before...and that was a dragon. The next day he came back to the library, and was greeted by Twilight Sparkle. The second Durpy looked at her everything was all sparkly and bloomy, and his jaw dropped. Twilight was unsure what was going on so she slapped him back into his senses. He sporadically asked her for a book on sound creation, after a minute of her looking for the book and Durpy drooling everywhere (metaphorically speaking), she give him the book, and he does a quick "kthxbai" and leaves the library. After arriving home he looks at the book title, "Sound Development and Creation: DJ Edition" and begins reading. The next day he purchased the equipment like the book recommended. So he read on with the book, while following its steps. After a few days he finished the book, and he has the whole thing down, his next step was to create a sound. It took him about 3 hours to make a simple beep sound, but the time slowly decreased as he learned how everything worked. Then he mastered the machine, he loved the sounds it created, he loved the frequencies of each wave passing by his ears, it was pure ecstasy. While Durpy was having his moment with the sound he noticed a strange marking on his flank, and that....Was his Cutie Mark. The felt thrilled he finally got it after a long time, but in the end he learned it was worth it. After that he finally god the dream job he wanted, was to create and edit sounds.
End.

Spoiler: More random images of him • show

Spoiler: By Sugarcup • show

My suitcase full of bees should put a stop to this!!

Jenzy

Nice backstory of how he gotz the Sounds CM... :D

I'll go edit Jenzy's later and explain further how he got the Stylus-Music note besides a simple love and skill of "music /drawing/gaming." Too "early" though *yawn*

*high-pitched voice* Er-mah gersh! We can both talk like mares? lol

~Durpy

Quote from: Jenzy on 2012 Dec 19, 03:46:16
Nice backstory of how he gotz the Sounds CM... :D

I'll go edit Jenzy's later and explain further how he got the Stylus-Music note besides a simple love and skill of "music /drawing/gaming." Too "early" though *yawn*

*high-pitched voice* Er-mah gersh! We can both talk like mares? lol

Lol had no idea your oc had that ability. Also I can talk like a girl irl, so I was like well why not add on my oc.

Jenzy

Mine's weird. I can do it really well when I'm alone lol

I can somewhat imitate Derpy :P

Born in Manehattan. Left to live on his own... No cutie mark? Whoah... That's quite a long time... :0

Hmmm... So he lives in Ponyville now? :3

~Durpy

Quote from: Jenzy on 2012 Dec 19, 04:05:01
Mine's weird. I can do it really well when I'm alone lol

I can somewhat imitate Derpy :P

Born in Manehattan. Left to live on his own... No cutie mark? Whoah... That's quite a long time... :0

Hmmm... So he lives in Ponyville now? :3

Heh, I'd like to hear that voice sometime..and yes he is residing in ponyville

Go Up