Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: EredarOmen on 2015 Sep 24, 09:12:51
What made me happy today was that I was and still is sunny outside, it was raining earlier and I thought it would continue on and I would not be able to do any voluntery work today.

I wish we had more rain here myself. The temperature is creeping back up into the high 90s with a 0% chance of rain all week.

I'd imagine the temperature will suddenly plummet 30+ degrees in early-mid October.

CrabApple

2015 Sep 24, 09:53:41 #6621 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 24, 11:24:57 by CrabApple
I get to go live with Ryo for a half a year!!!!!! <3

Im so nervous and excited! Also going to be helping out at the place he works. I've never been outside of the US so i'm hella scared. I have been on a plane before but I was so little I don't remember it. And it was only like an hour flight. This one is 9 hours! And ill be going through the airport alone and ahhhhh!

I know this isn't exactly happening 'today' but i'm still excited about it! I've been nervousited for months!

Spoiler: Also made some art to celebrate! • show
[move=9][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

The new Steven Universe episode was so fun and awesome and got a lot of laughs out of me! :3
Spoiler: show
Peridot is a tiny adorable nerd! No wonder she's so angry and feels so threatened! She's short (like me)! Can she even manifest a weapon? Precious baby pie.

Amethyst's lines made me laugh a lot!
Amethyst: What? It's been long enough that we can joke about it, right?
Steven: It's been an hour.
lol

"Duh, homegirl knows we're gonna flatten her into a green pancake." ovO

Peridot's inability to understand anything earth-related is funny and cute!
I think she's gonna be redeemed, and I can't wait to see more antics from her! :D

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Every so often I'm reminded how fortunate I am to have such a strong immune system. I just got over the first cold I've had since December 2013. It lasted only a total of 3 days from when I first felt it coming on to feeling 100% healthy again. In 2013 I caught a cold from a coworker and got well before she did.

According to all-knowning Wikipedia adults get an average of 2-4 colds a year which last for 7-10 days at a time. I couldn't imagine suffering colds that often and long. I hope my good immune system ages well.

Howitzer

2015 Sep 25, 17:04:20 #6624 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 25, 17:07:42 by Howitzer
I got accepted to my first college choice.

I'M GOING TO COLLEGE
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Howitzer on 2015 Sep 25, 17:04:20
I got accepted to my first college choice.

I'M GOING TO COLLEGE
COLLEGE

Congrats! I hope all goes well for you! :)
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Lync Volan

So i was able to watch "Hotel Transylvania 2" today and this family of 3 sat beside me and we had a nice little chat before the movie started which was great :]

i also went to a costume shop with my dad and saw some statues or whatever you call em of super heroes i know & other stuff like pirates or star wars, not to mention the more "scary" stuff

I'm also very excited for tomorrow since i'll be watching Equestria Girls Friendship Games at someones apartment in Manehattan with somewhat 29 other Pony fans :D   

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Sep 26, 01:38:35 #6627 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 26, 01:41:04 by Chishio Kunrin
I showed my dad RWBY. :3 Of course, I brought up Youtube to show him the Red, White, Black, and Yellow Trailers first because the trailers are important! And then I brought up Netflix (since I still don't have volume 2 on DVD :(), and we watched volumes 1 and 2 together.

He doesn't like Nora.
He loves Blake's attitude.
He loves Yang's fighting style.
He can't decide which girl of Team RWBY is more awesome.
He loved the food fight.
Spoiler: RWBY spoilers • show
He totally called the bad guys hiding underground beneath Mountain Glenn, though that's because that's what he would do.
He also immediately suspected that Raven is Yang's mom. We'll just have to wait to see if he, I, and half the fandom are right about that.
He liked the Yang vs Neo fight.
When Oobleck started fighting, he commented that Yang (who had said she wanted to see Oobleck in action earlier) was missing it.
Of course, he found Zwei and Oobleck's team attack ridiculous. ovO
And, of course, he doesn't agree with Ironwood's actions at the end of volume 2. Ironwood told Ozpin to trust him, and my dad's response was "But you didn't trust me" speaking for Ozpin. My sentiments exactly. Judging from what the council said, I think that Ironwood was talking ill of Ozpin to them, making negative comments and telling them that Ozpin wasn't doing anything at all. He probably made it seem like the breach was all Ozpin's fault. :\ Ozpin just wanted to play it safe, just in case the problem runs deeper than they can see, y'know? He couldn't have predicted the breach.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 26, 01:38:35
I showed my dad RWBY. :3 Of course, I brought up Youtube to show him the Red, White, Black, and Yellow Trailers first because the trailers are important! And then I brought up Netflix (since I still don't have volume 2 on DVD :(), and we watched volumes 1 and 2 together.

He doesn't like Nora.
He loves Blake's attitude.
He loves Yang's fighting style.
He can't decide which girl of Team RWBY is more awesome.
He loved the food fight.
Spoiler: RWBY spoilers • show
He totally called the bad guys hiding underground beneath Mountain Glenn, though that's because that's what he would do.
He also immediately suspected that Raven is Yang's mom. We'll just have to wait to see if he, I, and half the fandom are right about that.
He liked the Yang vs Neo fight.
When Oobleck started fighting, he commented that Yang (who had said she wanted to see Oobleck in action earlier) was missing it.
Of course, he found Zwei and Oobleck's team attack ridiculous. ovO
And, of course, he doesn't agree with Ironwood's actions at the end of volume 2. Ironwood told Ozpin to trust him, and my dad's response was "But you didn't trust me" speaking for Ozpin. My sentiments exactly. Judging from what the council said, I think that Ironwood was talking ill of Ozpin to them, making negative comments and telling them that Ozpin wasn't doing anything at all. He probably made it seem like the breach was all Ozpin's fault. :\ Ozpin just wanted to play it safe, just in case the problem runs deeper than they can see, y'know? He couldn't have predicted the breach.

wait... its on Netflix!? YUP! thats the next series i'm gonna go watch after i finish Star Wars

MarshyMellow

I got Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer today!  :D

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

LostSanity

I have to admit... I'm enjoying Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix.

I've only died once again Cerberus.

Does this mean I'm doing good?

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Sep 26, 11:29:52
wait... its on Netflix!? YUP! thats the next series i'm gonna go watch after i finish Star Wars

Yep! Rooster Teeth seems to have worked out a way to put their webshows Red vs Blue and RWBY on Netflix. Though, Netflix treats an entire season as one episode, for some reason, so don't be confused when it says "Season 1 Episode 1" and "Season 1 Episode 2". It's actually seasons 1 and 2, in their movie forms from the DVDs and Blu-rays. Volume 1 actually has an extra scene in its movie form in order to tie together two episodes a lot better. It's a really short scene, though.

Don't forget to watch the Red, White, Black, and Yellow Trailers on their Rooster Teeth channel on Youtube. :3 So many things that happened in volume 2, I kept thinking "This is why you watch the trailers!" Especially with the Black and Yellow Trailers.

I wish Netflix had the trailers on there. :\ All four take place before the start of the show, and they each show something about the character's past. Though, Ruby's is just a glimpse that you have to actually pause to get a good look at, and I noticed that, on our 1080p TV, we could see it a lot better. O: Basically, when Ruby walks away from the stone altar thing, you can see it says
"Summer Rose
Thus Kindly I Scatter"
But stick around for the awesome action of Ruby vs a huge pack of baby Beowolves. :3

Black and Yellow show the most, though Yellow's was just showing something about Yang's past for a little bit. The Black Trailer was all about Blake's past.

Also, the Yellow Trailer appears to happen right before the first episode, possibly the night before. For a few seconds early on in the Yellow Trailer, you see Roman Torchwick, who appears in the first episode of the show, and in the first episode, he's surrounded by some familiar-looking henchmen. :]

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Sep 26, 18:54:02
I have to admit... I'm enjoying Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix.

I've only died once again Cerberus.

Does this mean I'm doing good?

:s

Yeah. I think everyone dies at least once against Cerberus on their first time. He's tough.

Stardust Dragon

I just made it back from a little extra credit field trip out into the Columbia River Gorge.  I'm exhausted and sleepy because I woke up way too early on a Saturday for it, but by Luna was it awesome!  :D  I learned so much about how this area was formed and how to spot that sort of thing out in the wilderness.  So very wroth my time!

Chromastone64

I FINALLY got my first strange quality item in TF2! And it's awesome! APOCO-FISTS!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

The apartment i watched Friendship Games in had 2 doggies :3!
though you had to be careful not to step on them cause the room was so packed ovO

Post Merge

Spoiler: new ep spoiler! • show
I like accent ponies accent whats her actual name?!

Little Star

Finally been in the mood to do some artsy stuffs. Did a couple of paintings, and finally got started on my cosplay bow. It's gonna be as tall as I am! Wow!

Today's just been great. I want to hug the whole world <3

Sweet Brew

Beat my first Kushala Doara yesterday, and again today with a group of people!
Plus, I got access to loads of other awesome gear from other quests!

Pretty soon I'll be soloing a Fatalis...well...no, probably not, but it's good to dream.

Lync Volan

Well i've been complaining about how the AI in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is super duper LAME! but now i'm facing Kabuto on a Fragment mission and his totes beating me badly lol (which is awesome!) they should make the free play characters that awesome!   

Chromastone64

Saw Friendship Games.
Spoiler: Spoilers for it • show
Eh, it was okay. It's definitely shown me what my second biggest pet peeve in stories is: power theft. (My biggest being mind control). I don't know why, but they both just make me so angry. I feel it snowballed just a little at the end, but I'm still glad I saw it. Just didn't seem as big as the other two :)
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Sep 28, 01:57:41
Saw Friendship Games.
Spoiler: Spoilers for it • show
Eh, it was okay. It's definitely shown me what my second biggest pet peeve in stories is: power theft. (My biggest being mind control). I don't know why, but they both just make me so angry. I feel it snowballed just a little at the end, but I'm still glad I saw it. Just didn't seem as big as the other two :)

This is probably my second favorite of the movies: the first is lowest on the list, but it's not bad.  Just grated on me personally.  Rainbow Rocks is my favorite for sure.

Spoiler: show
I really wasn't interested at all in the villain for this movie; sure she didn't have to be a supernatural evil bent on world domination, but as she was Principal Cinch was just so one-dimensional and uninteresting...not to mention felt comedically evil from the word "go".  Not ten seconds after we met her I asked, and am still asking the question "how has she not been fired yet?"

The climax was astounding, best of the three for me, and probably what is cementing the movie's place as second-best movie for me, and I did like the balance of characters we saw this time around.  I just really badly want to hear the conversation that happens just after the post credits scene.  :D

Go Up