Lucid Dreams

Started by Charizard_2, 2013 Apr 06, 18:19:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Charizard_2

2013 Apr 06, 18:19:29 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 09, 19:46:59 by Charizard_2
A lucid dream, in simplest terms, is a dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming. -Wikipedia

What are your most memorable Lucid Dreams?

I've had lucid dreams of physcho lumberjacks, a deformed Slender Man, and cupcakes that eat people.
My favorite one is where I actually get eaten by a cupcake.
It had such an amazing view inside.... it just can't be described with words.

With pie comes great responsibility.

My Pony Name: Charred Flame (Char for short)

ShadowHeart

Let's see a dream where I KNOW I'm dreaming. I have a lot of those where I realize im dreaming so I pretend to turn into a dragon. I don't actually become one but it's like me and the bad guys  of the dream are playing 'make believe'...Once I did turn into a dragon but I didn't beat anyone up.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Enstramentall

My favorite (and the only one I've accomplished) was that I was shopping in a store in....Seattle? Soo not sure. Anyways I told myself "Am I dreaming?" Like I've been doing for several days, several times a day. I was like "SWEET! I finally lucid dreamt!" So I met up with some friends, the cat people dancing in my signature, and we went shopping. Then came the time that we ran out of money, so I became a pickpocket, we got more money, then went out for pizza.

I felt so accomplished.  :3
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Charizard_2 on 2013 Apr 06, 18:19:29
A lucid dream, in simplest terms, is a dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming. -Wikipedia

What are your most memorable Lucid Dreams?

I've had lucid dreams of death, physcho lumberjacks, a deformed Slender Man, and cupcakes that eat people.
My favorite one is where I actually get eaten by a cupcake.
It had such an amazing view inside.... it just can't be described with words.

What a random dream to have awareness in.  lol
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Night Pony

I think once I was dreaming about being an assassin and wasn't able to get past a certain guard checkpoint without being detected. Then realizing I'm running out of time and probably gonna wake up soon I told myself 'screw this' and I shapeshift from being Ezio (or Altair don't remember) to Alex Mercer. Needless to say the guards didn't have a chance.
Spoiler: Alex Mercer for those who don't know him. • show

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

HerpyDooves

Are you guys sure lucid dreaming is... safe?

ShadowHeart

why do you say that? I think it's fine just as long as you don't purposefully try to do it like drinking heaps of coffee and staying up until u collapse to get a lucid dream.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

super_chris85

what is the worst is a lucid nightmare because you are aware but you can't control it

HerpyDooves

Could I have a list of instructions to which I could lucid dream?

super_chris85

no the best way to safely lucid dream is keep a dream journal and try different means of checking you are in a dream one main way is to check the time look at a clock turn away from it and look back if you get into the habit in real life the more likely you will do it in a dream

PrincessButton

Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Apr 08, 13:44:24
what is the worst is a lucid nightmare because you are aware but you can't control it
In some lucid dreams you can control it... if you train your mind right.  :]

Herpy when I get home I can tell you about Lucid Dreaming but Chris is right, the best way to start is by keeping a dream journal. c: You have to be able to remember your dreams nearly every night before being able to Lucid dream.

TCDubstep

Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Apr 08, 14:14:53
no the best way to safely lucid dream is keep a dream journal and try different means of checking you are in a dream one main way is to check the time look at a clock turn away from it and look back if you get into the habit in real life the more likely you will do it in a dream

I personally use Binaural beats to lucid dream, as they are fairly safe. But my mind also does some reality checks, but it registers time normally and such. so if i were to look at a clock and it says "11:52" i can look away and back and it will still say "11:52" without changing. My brain also likes to restrict me to a set of laws called "physics" but I usually manage to break said laws by time travelling :D

Itty Bit

I remember making a thread about this way back in the days of Equestria Online.
I've STILL yet to be able to have a Lucid Dream. I just got lazy at training, I guess.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2013 Apr 11, 01:37:23
I've STILL yet to be able to have a Lucid Dream. I just got lazy at training, I guess.
I can start reminding you again. c:

Itty Bit

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Apr 11, 01:39:33
Quote from: Itty Bit on 2013 Apr 11, 01:37:23
I can start reminding you again. c:

Please do. I feel bad for having you help me so much, but I guess I just keep taking my dreams for granted, to a point of forgetting em ^^;
speaking of which, nainai momma~ <3

HerpyDooves

I know that you have to drink a lot of coffee and keep a dream journal. I'm sure there's more, though.

PrincessButton

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 14, 21:56:47
I know that you have to drink a lot of coffee and keep a dream journal. I'm sure there's more, though.
How do you figure? o.o

Jenzy

Caffeine leads to Lucid Dreaming? o.O

PrincessButton

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Apr 14, 22:33:40
Caffeine leads to Lucid Dreaming? o.O
I suppose it would help since caffeine increases attention. ^^ But it also might keep you awake..   X3
And will help with realizing that you are dreaming, but it will not /lead/ to it.  ^-^

Itty Bit

I've been listing my dreams down all nice the past two days.
It's just that... I've never had it written down on my bloggin' site. ^^;

Go Up