TOP 10 overrated games/series.

Started by The Mysterious Artist, 2013 Jan 15, 06:41:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Detective Woona

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jan 17, 11:18:56

if there is ever an underrated game list, Okami better be on it haha (im playing through it right now)
and if they ever released okami 2 i would squee like a little filly

and then I found this
Spoiler: show

Unfortunately, there will likely never be a sequel, as Clover Studios has gone the way of the dodo.
However, there is Okamiden, a spin-off game featuring cute little puppy versions of Ammy.

Also, the eyes of that Amaterasu Pony are terrifying.

As for overrated games, The God of War series and Fable series. Always over-hyped, never living up to expectations.
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Detective Woona on 2013 Jan 17, 11:52:34

if there is ever an underrated game list, Okami better be on it haha (im playing through it right now)

and then I found this

Unfortunately, there will likely never be a sequel, as Clover Studios has gone the way of the dodo.
However, there is Okamiden, a spin-off game featuring cute little puppy versions of Ammy.

As for overrated games, The God of War series and Fable series. Always over-hyped, never living up to expectations.

I knew that but I can dream though  DD:
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Julius

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jan 17, 13:20:28

and then I found this

What are you two talking about? Okamiden is a direct sequel, not a spin off! :P

You play as the son of the lovely Amaterasu. ^-^

And the ending? Well, it's just like the first one. You just KNOW there will be more. ;)
Purr~

McSleuthburger

it is an indirect sequel
I want a full game for the ps3 not one for a handheld system
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Julius

I agree with it being for a console, rather than a handheld. Imagine drawing with the Wii U... :3

It would be so awesome!
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jan 17, 22:44:32

and then I found this

And the ending? Well, it's just like the first one. You just KNOW there will be more. ;)

Exactly, you play as Amaterasu's son.
Is that not clear in the game? I haven't gotten to play it yet, and some people don't seem to know that you're not a puppy or chibi version of Amaterasu, you're her son. Also, some people don't know that Amaterasu is a girl. :I

Yesh, I agree that Okami is underrated. It's so awesome. I've played it 3 times. :3 I'd do a Let's Play of it, but... I've played it 3 times. lol Watching me play it would be boring. I guess if I ever do a video about it, it'll be a look at it, telling people about it.
As well as maybe telling people to try to get InTheLittleWood to play it. :ajshifty:

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Julius

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 18, 14:45:22
Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jan 17, 22:44:32

and then I found this

Is that not clear in the game? I haven't gotten to play it yet, and some people don't seem to know that you're not a puppy or chibi version of Amaterasu, you're her son. Also, some people don't know that Amaterasu is a girl. :I

Yesh, I agree that Okami is underrated. It's so awesome. I've played it 3 times. :3 I'd do a Let's Play of it, but... I've played it 3 times. lol Watching me play it would be boring. I guess if I ever do a video about it, it'll be a look at it, telling people about it.
As well as maybe telling people to try to get InTheLittleWood to play it. :ajshifty:

I didn't play it, I don't own a Handheld, but I watched Chugga play it. It's noted by Issun in the first twenty minutes that Chibi's her son. lol

Girl, go get the recording stuff! I SO want to see you Let's Play! :D

Will you also record your reactions, a la PewDiePie, or will you record only your voice like Chugga?

I must say, I prefer looking at the reactions along with the game. Makes it much more fun! :P
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jan 18, 14:55:56
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 18, 14:45:22

I didn't play it, I don't own a Handheld, but I watched Chugga play it. It's noted by Issun in the first twenty minutes that Chibi's her son. lol

Girl, go get the recording stuff! I SO want to see you Let's Play! :D

Will you also record your reactions, a la PewDiePie, or will you record only your voice like Chugga?

I must say, I prefer looking at the reactions along with the game. Makes it much more fun! :P

Likely just voice. I don't think I have a camera for that kinda thing, and I don't really wanna record my face anyway. X3 I'll probably get stuff for recording console games eventually, but for now it's easier and cheaper to do computer game LPs. I'll be doing Minecraft stuff, maybe Second Life as well because it's interesting running around as a pony with Trege. :P

I'm serious, though, an actual Okami LP from me would be kinda boring for people. Sorry. X3 I have the story memorized, I have the puzzles memorized, and I've had practice with fighting the bosses.

The Stars

and then I found this

Grrrrr, Fable XD Don't remind me; I could never finish that game because everything felt a little too easy... For instance, Magic is much overpowered >.>
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Julius

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 18, 15:09:37Likely just voice. I don't think I have a camera for that kinda thing, and I don't really wanna record my face anyway. X3 I'll probably get stuff for recording console games eventually, but for now it's easier and cheaper to do computer game LPs. I'll be doing Minecraft stuff, maybe Second Life as well because it's interesting running around as a pony with Trege. :P

I'm serious, though, an actual Okami LP from me would be kinda boring for people. Sorry. X3 I have the story memorized, I have the puzzles memorized, and I've had practice with fighting the bosses.

Then I hope you have a soothing and sweet voice, my friend! ^-^

Any ETA on when you'll start, seeing as you already have a suitable computer? I'd suggest Terraria as well, if you'd like! Best part is you only got that one recently, unlike with Okami! :D
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jan 18, 18:23:24
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 18, 15:09:37Likely just voice. I don't think I have a camera for that kinda thing, and I don't really wanna record my face anyway. X3 I'll probably get stuff for recording console games eventually, but for now it's easier and cheaper to do computer game LPs. I'll be doing Minecraft stuff, maybe Second Life as well because it's interesting running around as a pony with Trege. :P

Then I hope you have a soothing and sweet voice, my friend! ^-^

Any ETA on when you'll start, seeing as you already have a suitable computer? I'd suggest Terraria as well, if you'd like! Best part is you only got that one recently, unlike with Okami! :D

I don't really have an ETA, but it may not be too long. First off will be Minecraft and probably Second Life, with Trege. We may even do Portal 2 later. And of course, eventually, LoE and Fighting is Magic.

Rissian

I can't wait for LoE and fighting is magic. Those are going to be really fun to LP when they come out but so is Portal 2 after watching Yogscast.  ovO

I can't think of any overrated game series myself currently though. o_o

Julius

Purr~

Go Up