Oculus Rift Support

Started by KalebCaleb, 2013 May 28, 18:53:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KalebCaleb

Hello Everypony,
I'm quite sure you'll all heard of the Oculus rift virtual reality headset by now (if not you can get some information right here --> http://www.oculusvr.com/). I've been wondering if there MIGHT be any future support for the device. I'm sure that all who play the game would love to have this as an option (specifically the ones who buy the device.. which may turn out to be a large amount of them since it looks like many people plan to buy one with the promise of the device being "affordable" from Oculus.) I'm well aware that the development for such compatibility would cost some money, as a result I'm also aware it's unlikely for the game to be released with support for the device. However, I'm curious as to if there may be any chance of development for oculus rift support in the future .

Thanks,
Kaleb

McSleuthburger

as of right now I would have to say no in regards to the game being supported by the Rift
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Shadow Mare

What excatly would that work for this game in any way? Isn't that for First Person type games?

Cerebrate

We are currently using the free version of unity. It does not support the Rift.  There exist methods to support it in free, but they don't work that well, and as far as I'm concerned, the rift doesn't make much sense for the control scheme of our game.

Also no one on our team has one to test with it.  So this probably isn't going to happen. Sorry.

Go Up