I know where alicorns came from

Started by BlackVortex, 2012 Jun 13, 00:30:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BlackVortex

I watched an old episode of my little pony.[It was G1] There was an UFO spotting. [ Really, in the episode] Then there was more of the episode, that part is not in-portent*, and it led to some ponys talking to the ponys that were the UFO [they flew in herds,  so they looked like one thing from far away.] One of the ponys in the heard was an alicorn. They told the Ponyville ponys that they were from another planet [or a far away land, I can't remember.] The alicorn also was pink with blue hair, so she looked like Princess Celesta.

Heres the episode so you can see the Alicorn for yourself:

*I think I spelt that wrong
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Iodine

Interesting. It's Disney's My Little Pony Tales, so I'm not sure if it's canon, but it makes sense that alicorns are otherworldly. Celestia comes from the word "celestial", which means divine or heavenly. So maybe they are sort of like angels in that regard because of how powerful they are.

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Jun 13, 01:22:37
Interesting. It's Disney's My Little Pony Tales, so I'm not sure if it's canon, but it makes sense that alicorns are otherworldly. Celestia comes from the word "celestial", which means divine or heavenly. So maybe they are sort of like angels in that regard because of how powerful they are.

It is real. What do you think G2 was?

Lary

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 13, 07:48:42

Tales =/= G2. It was G1. G2 had no cartoon.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Book Smarts

2012 Jun 13, 10:49:32 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 13, 10:52:07 by Book Smarts
That does make sense, Lauren Faust was a huge fan of the original My Little Pony series  8)

Trilight Dashie

Nearly 8:52
DID SHE JUST SAY "BON BON"?!?!

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 13, 08:06:18
Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 13, 07:48:42

Tales =/= G2. It was G1. G2 had no cartoon.

I'm sorry, but G2 IS Tales.

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 13, 15:01:05

Indeed. Bon Bon is named for one of the Tales ponies

Trilight Dashie

Oh, good to know. Tho' I didn't watch and generation but mlp:fim.

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

Itty Bit

2012 Jun 13, 16:35:23 #8 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 13, 16:38:26 by Itty Bit
Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 13, 15:08:55

Nope.avi. My Little Pony Tales came out in 1992, which was nearing the end of the G1 lineup of pony toys, which lasted from 1982 to 1992. The G2 lineup didn't show up until 1997, and never had a cartoon, just the toy line.
Contrary to what most ponies think, My Little Pony is a toy line before it is a cartoon franchise.
Hope that cleared it up :)

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2012 Jun 13, 16:35:23
Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 13, 15:08:55

Nope.avi. My Little Pony Tales came out in 1992, which was nearing the end of the G1 lineup of pony toys, which lasted from 1982 to 1992. The G2 lineup didn't show up until 1997, and never had a cartoon, just the toy line.
Contrary to what most ponies think, My Little Pony is a toy line before it is a cartoon franchise.
Hope that cleared it up :)

Of course. MLP was originally My Pretty Pony, which turned into My LITTLE Pony, then into a cartoon.

Iodine

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 13, 15:01:05

Yes Bon Bon is a pony from G1, but Disney now owns the rights to her.

The Wandering Magus

So if disney owns rights, but hasbro still sells toys of the name... :/

Oh, and in my headcanon, all the generations are different ages of the world, with some sort of semi-apocalyptic event happening in between.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Iodine

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 15, 01:18:45
So if disney owns rights, but hasbro still sells toys of the name... :/

Oh, and in my headcanon, all the generations are different ages of the world, with some sort of semi-apocalyptic event happening in between.

Hasbro has never sold any Bon Bon toys. She was exclusively a Disney pony from My Little Pony Tales. Fans named the G4 background pony Bon Bon because she has a similar candy wrapper cutiemark.

Go Up