Guy loses 9000 USD ship in EVE.

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2013 Sep 20, 16:00:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Forbes reports of a player loses a very valuable limited edition ship worth approximately 9000 USD. It is so valuable because there are only three in existence (well, two now.). That's more than half of what I make in a year.

In a game like this where things have such staggering real-world values it makes me wonder if I should take EVE up as a second job. I know that one of my best friends from my first job sold his EVE account for 4000 dollars; enough for him to quit his job and become a full-time college student.

Aerodash

It's crazy how much value digital items and accounts can have in the real world. How scary it must be to fly a $9000 USD ship into combat...

Still, I'm sure people put a decent amount of cash into EVE to get those kind of objects. It's always a risk.

the dark gods

I remember"bank" a guy who made a in EVE and in reeality, he just stole their cash, like, millions of RL dollars, and he made like a 20 minute long video bragging about it.
thank you Sky Sketch

GlassMirror

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Sep 20, 17:03:45
to be curious, what's EVE? :3

It's a sci-fi MMORPG. It's pretty old.

Heh, my interest peaked by this story I decided to check out EVE for myself, since I haven't actually tried the game in like four years. It's definitely come a long way since I last played it. The character creation is the best I've seen in ANY game.

I whipped that character up in 20 minutes. Sure wish every game had a character creation this good.

Azure

I like to think there's a rich guy out there working towards the ultimate zerg rush.
3DS Friend Code: 1091-8504-5380
BE THERE AND BE SQUARE
Spoiler: show

this'll have ponies one day
Skype in the off chance that you'd like to talk to me: AzureLancet

GlassMirror

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Sep 20, 17:13:13
Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Sep 20, 17:03:45
to be curious, what's EVE? :3

It's a sci-fi MMORPG. It's pretty old.

Heh, my interest peaked by this story I decided to check out EVE for myself, since I haven't actually tried the game in like four years. It's definitely come a long way since I last played it. The character creation is the best I've seen in ANY game.

I whipped that character up in 20 minutes. Sure wish every game had a character creation this good.

whoa that's pretty kool!  O:

The Wandering Magus

it's also a place where piracy is encouraged, laws are unenforced, and every other blasted rogue out there is out for your creds and spice.  The police don't show up, and when they do they're blasted.  And if you try to get into it all, some bounty hunter stops by with a cannon with your name on the barrel.

It's a cold galaxy out there, full of thieves and corrupt federations.  Wretched hive of scum and villainy, every other sector just waiting to blast your starship out of the sky for fun and giggles.  Every bank's a scam, every company's in it for your soul.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Midnight Breeze

I'd imagine the owners of the other two Revenants have plans to take out the other. Just imagine how how much the value would skyrocket were the ship a one-of-a-kind.

Though according to the report, this one was brought down in an act of treachery. The other two owners may just become super paranoid and recluse themselves.

Mr.Darkling

I heard of this awhile back and listening to the soundcloud of the fleet teamspeak was fantastic.
Makes me miss EVE...floating around in my Hyperion :c
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

phirenor

Go Up