Guild Wars 2

Started by Book Smarts, 2012 Aug 26, 00:31:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

To whoever bought Guild Wars 2, how is it? My little laptop could never handle the game  :c

Wafflestomp

2012 Aug 26, 10:51:52 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 26, 10:53:33 by Wafflestomp
Haven't gotten too far, but the game is very pretty. Lots of Voice Overs between your toon and NPCs, and the zones are packed atm with people. Almost all American servers are PACKED. D:

If you do get the game, I suggest  http://twentypercooler.guildlaunch.com/ (AkA the Greater Brony Alliance Guild). :3

Nameless

The game is beautiful and I've decided to take screenshots at the end of every vista, which are things that pan your camera and give you an amazing shot of your current area.

At the moment I'm a level 18 Engineer and I'm enjoying every second. My favorite thing to do are the jumping puzzles although I'm aboslutely horrible at them.

Quote from: Wafflestomp on 2012 Aug 26, 10:51:52
If you do get the game, I suggest  http://twentypercooler.guildlaunch.com/ (AkA the Greater Brony Alliance Guild). :3

I applied for the guild but I haven't gotten around to messaging the admins in game because I'm lazy/shy.

Avatar courtesy of LoE  |  Banner courtesy of Travius Trott

Midnight Breeze

Would be playing it right now, if I wasn't one of the unlucky folk to get hacked the day after official release.... D:

To answer your question, I've only reached level 20, but I'm fairly impressed. Game is very achievement/goal oriented, which is right up my ally as a completionist.

Personal Story is quite immersive as well, though to be honest I think Asura story is a tad lacking compared to the more polished races. I remember as a human I had to choose between saving my lifelong best friend, or dozens of innocents. So far the greatest choice I've made so far as an Asura is "So, should we ambush him on the road, or hit him in his base?" Asura story is still great in it's own right, though.

I'm having fun, and I've not even dove into PvP yet (though I did play it in beta and it was quite good).

So yeah, considering this game doesn't even have a monthly fee it's DEFINITELY worth the buy.

Iodine

I reached level 34. Anybody know of any pony guilds to join?

Nameless

Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Sep 09, 06:08:13

You could always join The Great Brony Alliance. If you were to give your name, I'd ask someone in the guild to add you.

Weatherboy1

I'm looking at the game. Could someone tell me one thing... How well does it run on your computers? Cause I'm worried that it's gonna overload the laptop I have and I won't be able to play

Nameless

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2012 Sep 09, 13:28:34
I'm looking at the game. Could someone tell me one thing... How well does it run on your computers? Cause I'm worried that it's gonna overload the laptop I have and I won't be able to play

The game runs extremely well on my computer. I've had no FPS issues and minimal lag issues. The game requires:

-Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
-Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
-2 GB RAM
-NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
-25 GB available HDD space

You can always go here to see if you can run it.

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Nameless on 2012 Sep 09, 15:48:14
Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2012 Sep 09, 13:28:34

The game runs extremely well on my computer. I've had no FPS issues and minimal lag issues. The game requires:

-Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
-Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
-2 GB RAM
-NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
-25 GB available HDD space

You can always go here to see if you can run it.

Thank you

Iodine

Quote from: Nameless on 2012 Sep 09, 13:09:19
Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Sep 09, 06:08:13

You could always join The Great Brony Alliance. If you were to give your name, I'd ask someone in the guild to add you.

Ooh, awesome! I'm Iodine.8530 and my character is Starlight Gaze. I'm on Ehmry Bay. Not sure if I need to log onto the server that the guild is on or not.

Wafflestomp

Guild's are cross-server.

The thing is, you can talk in guild chat, but you wont get any guild benefits. I know, stupid...

Book Smarts

Quote from: Wafflestomp on 2012 Sep 09, 21:28:20
Guild's are cross-server.

The thing is, you can talk in guild chat, but you wont get any guild benefits. I know, stupid...

There should be two types of guilds then  o.O

Wafflestomp

I should elaborate.

If your in a cross server guild, you can talk in guild chat for that guild on ANY server. However, the benefits the guild accrues are server-specific. So any benefits the guild has on one server may be different then the one it has on another.

So if your not on the guild's primary server, you wont have all the benefits it accrued there, but you can still chat with them.

EDIT: So if you're looking to join the Brony Alliance Guild, make sure to get on Jade Quarry, or else your missing out. :p

Iodine

I don't mind, I just want a Brony guild to join to chat with!

Ryo_D_Disk

Just placed an order for it, I wasnt paying atention when it came out now its sold out  :P

Wafflestomp

http://twentypercooler.guildlaunch.com/

The quintessential brony guild for Guild Wars 2. :p

Lord of Madness

IM getting this game :DD

Nameless

Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Sep 09, 19:52:54
Ooh, awesome! I'm Iodine.8530 and my character is Starlight Gaze. I'm on Ehmry Bay. Not sure if I need to log onto the server that the guild is on or not.

I've asked numerous times over the last few days but no one seems to be listening. They may not be noticing me because I never participate in the guild chat or the admins are always away or something when I ask. Unless Wafflestomp can get you in, your best bet is to message an admin of the guild via a PM(if you can whisper cross-server). I'm truly sorry that I couldn't get you in.

Wafflestomp

2012 Sep 12, 19:43:03 #18 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 12, 19:50:31 by Wafflestomp
I'm Wafflestomp.6238 (or Luusi on Jade Quarry) in GW2. If you see me, just PM me and Ill pester an Admin in Teamspeak to get you in.

lurk852

Question to those who are playing GW2 already - what's the community like? The game sounds interesting, but I'm a little leery of MMOs after the jerkfest that was WoW.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Go Up