Thank you for playing in our open server weekend!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Jan 27, 04:27:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

That_Blue_pony

On a side note. When are the mods gonna open the chatbox?

Hornrush

It was very fun  :D , although I had a tough time starting quests/knowing what to do, albeit I only started this past weekend. But, I realize this will most definitely change soon :) Anyways  :3 !
:3

MrEmu

Quote from: That_Blue_pony on 2014 Jan 28, 17:14:07

I asked Prismatic and he said he doesn't know yet but it's expected to be soon. I expect their servers are having some problems because they got like 3X the players they were expecting I heard, which is good, I like a game with a big community!
But yeah they said the chatpod should open up soon... I'm like checking every hour! lol

Kuro

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jan 28, 22:35:01

I asked Prismatic and he said he doesn't know yet but it's expected to be soon. I expect their servers are having some problems because they got like 3X the players they were expecting I heard, which is good, I like a game with a big community!
But yeah they said the chatpod should open up soon... I'm like checking every hour! lol

Indeed they should. Because, the first time I joined here in the LoE forums, the only thing I noticed was the chatbox and that was the only reason why I still may be on. If not, well, I won't be here too long unfortunately.

Somebeing

Quote from: Kuro on 2014 Jan 28, 23:29:49
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jan 28, 22:35:01

Indeed they should. Because, the first time I joined here in the LoE forums, the only thing I noticed was the chatbox and that was the only reason why I still may be on. If not, well, I won't be here too long unfortunately.

Makes me curious that the Chatbox was a key thing in the DDoS attack. Could've spammed it there and could cause problems.

I've heard of that happening, even with anti-spam (multiple recipients spam at once).

Hope the chat box is alright at this point.

Pipkin

Quote from: Somebeing on 2014 Jan 29, 00:18:20
Makes me curious that the Chatbox was a key thing in the DDoS attack. Could've spammed it there and could cause problems.

I've heard of that happening, even with anti-spam (multiple recipients spam at once).

A DDoS(Distributed Denial of Service) attack (roughly speaking) usually involves a host computer remotely using a slew of "slave" computers to saturate a server with false packets, flooding it to the point that the overload causes a partial or complete denial of service.

The chatbox had absolutely nothing to do with this, it was shut down to give the mods one less thing to worry about over the weekend

Somebeing

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jan 29, 00:24:02
Quote from: Somebeing on 2014 Jan 29, 00:18:20

A DDoS(Distributed Denial of Service) attack (roughly speaking) usually involves a host computer remotely using a slew of "slave" computers to saturate a server with false packets, flooding it to the point that the overload causes a partial or complete denial of service.

The chatbox had absolutely nothing to do with this, it was shut down to give the mods one less thing to worry about over the weekend

Welp. Time to beat up my friend for lying.

Brb.

Fineline

Aww I missed it =/. This is what I get for not being active on any of the like 3 or so forums I frequent X_X. CURSE YOU LIFE WHY MUST YOU DISTRACT ME SO.
:c

Thrills

Aww don't worry you there! I'm sure that when you'll check more often it will be back on a day :D I sure hope so! :)
WEE PINKIE PARTYPIE! YEP! THAT'S ME!
I'm wide aware of a thing and I don't like it...
Cute Princess Luna <3

Sapphirethunder

I was completely mesmerized by all the improvements since last Open Server.

Especially the most I was amazed by how the Everfree/Evershade Forest had changed.
I'm glad I have lately invested on proper gaming machine so I was able to enjoy everything in game at highest possible graphics at highest possible framerate.

MrEmu

My frame rate was quite poor sadly, made flying as a Pegasus nigh impossible. So I mainly stuck to Unicorns and Earth ponies, the Earth pony was cool but the "extra bag space" thing didn't do much for me seeing as I never even got more then 4 items at a time, also I think people said they're faster but  didn't notice anything, So I mainly stuck to a Unicorn.

I must say the teleportation was done quite well! I can't remember the last game with good teleportation that didn't consist of basicly a dash with sparks, THIS teleportation was REAL teleporting!

The game is only half finished and my heart is full of love for it already, Programmers, moderators, music makers, and anypony else who helped make this...you guys/gals are awesome! lol

Thrills

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Feb 01, 00:46:58
My frame rate was quite poor sadly, made flying as a Pegasus nigh impossible. So I mainly stuck to Unicorns and Earth ponies, the Earth pony was cool but the "extra bag space" thing didn't do much for me seeing as I never even got more then 4 items at a time, also I think people said they're faster but  didn't notice anything, So I mainly stuck to a Unicorn.

I must say the teleportation was done quite well! I can't remember the last game with good teleportation that didn't consist of basicly a dash with sparks, THIS teleportation was REAL teleporting!

The game is only half finished and my heart is full of love for it already, Programmers, moderators, music makers, and anypony else who helped make this...you guys/gals are awesome! lol

So is my heart :) I WANT TO PLAY ON xD
WEE PINKIE PARTYPIE! YEP! THAT'S ME!
I'm wide aware of a thing and I don't like it...
Cute Princess Luna <3

Scraner

I didn't get to play due to the fact I was at Ohayocon. However that was the place I heard about the game. I look forward to having a chance to play it when the servers open again.
Scraner Saphora

The Friendship Pony

Midnight-Dusk

Im sorry, im new. But Where could I update the game? Please and Thank you! :D

Pipkin

The game is back in development and is currently unavailable, sorry.

Becky

Oh em gee hai Scrany, it's Jitterbug! XD And I haven't gotten to play either. Bleh.
Life will be dull without different shades of grey.

Rar1ty

I came across a suspicious link: https://github.com/tux3/LoE-PrivateServer

Knowing that there is nothing on this website about this, I quickly created an account to post this. I presume it's some sort of exploit.

As well, I am terribly sorry for posting this here, if there was a better spot for it.

McSleuthburger

That is a private server somebody made using the files from the stress test
we knew about them right after they started hosting the server
We are not really going to go after them though we would prefer that they didnt host the private server
With our game being updated all the time that version becomes more out of date all the time
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Amjj342

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Jan 27, 04:33:22
Quote from: Somebeing on 2014 Jan 27, 04:32:01
Then it was over...

At least I had the final post on my server.

Thunder Jet: Yay

And I was right about to say
">Ellowee announces end of weekend
>still playing"

And then the server went down <XD

I had fun though. Can't wait for another one next year :D
Wait, there is only an open server every YEAR?!  DD:  D: WHYYYYY and i wasn't on this year!  >.<

Pipkin

It's not yearly, they'll announce the next time they open the servers to the public.

Before Ohyocon they opened the servers in July last year so that was roughly 6 months

Go Up