Are you getting Xbox One?

Yes
3 (23.1%)
No
10 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

ArtVeigar

From Joe's interview, also, it is said that a game can be reselled/given to another person once. But the person who got it that way won't be able to give away/resell again.
What it looks like from that interview and the annonymous speculations, they are trying to build a structure similar to Steam's, with some other features. But if we are going to see something like the Steam's sales, and if it's going to be as successful, that's another story...

Sea Foam

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 Jun 16, 04:36:45
I found a positive thing about XBox One!!!

Quote from: GameinformerIn addition, Microsoft has revealed that up to ten players in your "family" can have access to your shared library of games from any console, and you'll be able to access your full library of games and play them from any connected Xbox One.

Link to entire article.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/06/xbox-one-game-sharing-used-game-policy-detailed.aspx

So, effectively, I can choose up to 10 different people who can play the games I bought on my (hypothetical) Xbox one.

I have six consoles. Anyone and any number of people in the world can come to my house and play these consoles without limit of a third party.

I hope I'm missing something with this one, because it seems like yet another negative worded to sound like a positive.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

KireiameJin

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2013 Jun 16, 15:23:18

So, effectively, I can choose up to 10 different people who can play the games I bought on my (hypothetical) Xbox one.

I have six consoles. Anyone and any number of people in the world can come to my house and play these consoles without limit of a third party.

I hope I'm missing something with this one, because it seems like yet another negative worded to sound like a positive.

You are not missing a single thing. Microsoft is clearly calling you, and me, and all the gamers that are supossed to buy this console, "Stupid" right in our faces, just for the motivation of money and the wrong idea that they can actually make us buy this monster and violate our minds with those childish lies.

I say this, if someone buy this console, will be showing to microsoft that they can do as they want with our rights as "customers", that we are so poorly proud of ourselves as gamers to let them steal our money right in our faces, and still be happy with that.

I say, as gamer and customer that belives in his rigths, that this console doesn't represent a "New generation of gaming", but a "New generation of stealing", and we are called to stop this madness by not buying this abomination, and keep our voices louder in the telling of the truth, to our friends, and anyone that is considering in buying it, and hope they'll become aware about this matter and what this actually represents for us as a collective of customers and for the integrity of our rights.

They can steal our money, but they can't steal our pride bros  ^-^
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Chishio Kunrin

My mom gave me this piece of advice today:
"Never assume that a company's decision is not driven by money. Even when a company gives the customers what they want, that choice is still motivated by money."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ArtVeigar

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 16, 19:05:48
"Never assume that a company's decision is not driven by money. Even when a company gives the customers what they want, that choice is still motivated by money."

That's one of the most true things I've ever heard. If they didn't want money, they would give everything at the lowest cost and they wouldn't be as rich as they are, and that goes for M$ and Sony. M$ is just doing things wrong this time, but Sony is taking advantage of their mistakes and giving us gamers what we want, so we can buy PS4 and give Sony our money. But we will have to choose to give our money to one of them, anyway, so that we give it to the one who gives us what we want. Let's at least have a fair trade.

KireiameJin

One thing is the obvious statement that companies want money, but another thing, is what microsoft is doing in the claim of that money.

Now, they are NOT selling us games, they are RENTING us those games, which is an insult to our rights as customers, since if i'm paying you a game, that games is now MINE, and i should be able to do whatever i want with it since it's MY game.

And that's what is so disapointing about Microsoft, and that's why Sony is going to win this "New gen" battle.
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Chishio Kunrin

We should really think of new questions for Microsoft because I didn't even think about this one:

So, basically, if you get banned from Xbox Live, even if you're wrongfully banned (perhaps by a sore loser who claims you hacked/cheated), you will no longer be able to even play your Xbox One games offline. Tell me how that's fair.

And yes, I looked into it, and @XboxSupport1 is apparently Microsoft's overflow account. The tweets are actually there, as well. This is legit.

In fact, there's a little bit more: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/346650071011561472
The problem is, the link that ^BB provided doesn't say anything about what happens if you get banned from Xbox Live. :\

McSleuthburger

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 17, 12:42:46
We should really think of new questions for Microsoft because I didn't even think about this one:

So, basically, if you get banned from Xbox Live, even if you're wrongfully banned (perhaps by a sore loser who claims you hacked/cheated), you will no longer be able to even play your Xbox One games offline. Tell me how that's fair.

And yes, I looked into it, and @XboxSupport1 is apparently Microsoft's overflow account. The tweets are actually there, as well. This is legit.

In fact, there's a little bit more: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/346650071011561472
The problem is, the link that ^BB provided doesn't say anything about what happens if you get banned from Xbox Live. :\

Remember though everybody who plays online agrees to the "Terms of Service" or "Terms of Agreement" or blah blah blah when you register for your online account
When are agree you are basically signing away all your rights and they can do whatever they want with the account now
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

ArtVeigar

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2013 Jun 17, 06:00:46

One thing is the obvious statement that companies want money, but another thing, is what microsoft is doing in the claim of that money.

Now, they are NOT selling us games, they are RENTING us those games, which is an insult to our rights as customers, since if i'm paying you a game, that games is now MINE, and i should be able to do whatever i want with it since it's MY game.

And that's what is so disapointing about Microsoft, and that's why Sony is going to win this "New gen" battle.

Not trying to defend M$, but you know the way Steam does things is really similar to what M$ wants to do, right? We buy games on Steam, but we can't resell it nor lend it to anyone. The only difference is that Steam lets you play your single player games offline without having to check from time to time, but you need to be logged in to access your games, even offline. The real advantage of Steam over everything is the games' prices and Steam sales. Otherwise, it would be as bad as the Xbox One. I'm really starting to think M$ is really doing things based on Steam, what wouldn't be really that bad if they could sell games with really low prices from time to time, mainly for people like me who lives in a country were games prices are full of taxes.
I'm still going to get a PS4 (and the fact people are estimating the Xbox One to be sold here for the equivalent of US$1000 and the PS4 has chances to be sold for the true price of US$400 really helps my decision), but I don't really think M$ is as dumb as they are looking like.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jun 17, 13:40:37
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 17, 12:42:46

Remember though everybody who plays online agrees to the "Terms of Service" or "Terms of Agreement" or blah blah blah when you register for your online account
When are agree you are basically signing away all your rights and they can do whatever they want with the account now

It just sucks that it takes away offline play as well.

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jun 17, 13:48:02
Quote from: KireiameJin on 2013 Jun 17, 06:00:46

Not trying to defend M$, but you know the way Steam does things is really similar to what M$ wants to do, right? We buy games on Steam, but we can't resell it nor lend it to anyone. The only difference is that Steam lets you play your single player games offline without having to check from time to time, but you need to be logged in to access your games, even offline. The real advantage of Steam over everything is the games' prices and Steam sales. Otherwise, it would be as bad as the Xbox One. I'm really starting to think M$ is really doing things based on Steam, what wouldn't be really that bad if they could sell games with really low prices from time to time, mainly for people like me who lives in a country were games prices are full of taxes.
I'm still going to get a PS4 (and the fact people are estimating the Xbox One to be sold here for the equivalent of US$1000 and the PS4 has chances to be sold for the true price of US$400 really helps my decision), but I don't really think M$ is as dumb as they are looking like.

I don't have to log in to Steam to access my games, I don't think. I put shortcuts to them on my desktop.
And the thing is, people are used to that kind of thing on the PC. We download games on the PC all the time. With Minecraft, you have to pay for your account, and then you download the game. Bam. It's kind of hard to work out reselling games that you've downloaded.

In the real world, we have the concept of owning a physical copy of something, like a disc. We're used to that. We like that. We like being able to hold onto our rights to that physical copy that we purchased because we paid for the rights to that thing. It's like a company trying to put restrictions on the resale and usage of DVDs. With the Xbox One, it feels more like we'll be renting their games instead of buying them. Like they're letting us play them, like it's a privilege to play them.

Besides that, I've never been a fan of Xbox Live anyway. :P Especially with the fact that you have to have Xbox Live to use Netflix on the Xbox360. My mom was so angry when she found that out. She's already paying for Netflix, and she doesn't want to have to pay again just to use it on her console. So, she's been using my PS3 for Netflix because it doesn't charge you for using Netflix on it.

ArtVeigar

The thing is that they don't seem to split console games and computer games into two different categories, and are trying to make they work the same way: download and play your own copy. Before Steam, we also had the physical copy of our games and could do whatever we wanted with them. Steam actually don't let you play games if you don't have registered in your PC the infromations about a logged in account. You can test it: logout from your Steam account and try to play offline. But Steam doesn't need to actually check every 24 hours if you are logged in. And you wouldn't like to own the physical copy of a game if it costs twice as much as the digital copy, like it happens here in Brazil.

I also don't like Xbox Live, but if they fix it, and make everything work as well as Steam, it can actually become a good deal.

Chishio Kunrin

I'm actually quite delighted that I still have my disc of Catz 5. Every few years, I decide I want to play it again, but I have a new computer, so I just dig up the disc, put it in, install, and play. :3 Though I suppose with Steam, if I got a new computer, all I'd have to do is install Steam on it.

Here's one thing...
Xbox One and PS4 = Same size harddrive
Xbox One = Saving the entire file of the game itself on the harddrive so you no longer need to put a disc in to play it
PS4 = Doesn't do that
And as a side note: PC = Can have 1TB, 2TB, etc. harddrive :P

That's actually another thing. Downloading an entire game onto a PC isn't as big of a deal because people generally tend to have a pretty large amount of harddrive space on their gaming computers.

ArtVeigar

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 17, 16:18:13
I'm actually quite delighted that I still have my disc of Catz 5. Every few years, I decide I want to play it again, but I have a new computer, so I just dig up the disc, put it in, install, and play. :3 Though I suppose with Steam, if I got a new computer, all I'd have to do is install Steam on it.

Here's one thing...
Xbox One = Saving the entire file of the game itself on the harddrive so you no longer need to put a disc in to play it
PS4 = Doesn't do that

That's actually another thing. Downloading an entire game onto a PC isn't as big of a deal because people generally tend to have a pretty large amount of harddrive space on their gaming computers.

(What is not really my case... I had to cut some costs when I bought my PC and had to get a 500 GB HD... I freaking need a new one... :P)
That can be a problem, but it's easy to solve by allowing the usage of external HDs. And having to check every 24 hours avoid the trouble of having hackers using games pre-installed in external HD, as every game you buy is registered under your name.

CyanideInsanity

Here's one thing...
PS4 = Doesn't do that

Well I don't know for certain, but I'd say ps4 can do the same as ps3; it has a 2.5"(laptop) HDD bay so can be swapped with any 2.5" sata hard drive. In fact, the ps3 does support up to at least a 2TB hard drive. The only downside may be the available bandwidth, though they're probably going with SATA 6Gb/s. My guess for the xbox one is that it'll have proprietary storage, and cost significantly more. And have they stated the ps4 won't allow for game installation? It is a nice option to have. Unless of course any of this stuff as been confirmed otherwise.

Though they will both probably support external drives, since I believe both ps3 and 360 do.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jun 18, 01:24:06

Here's one thing...
PS4 = Doesn't do that

Well I don't know for certain, but I'd say ps4 can do the same as ps3; it has a 2.5"(laptop) HDD bay so can be swapped with any 2.5" sata hard drive. In fact, the ps3 does support up to at least a 2TB hard drive. The only downside may be the available bandwidth, though they're probably going with SATA 6Gb/s. My guess for the xbox one is that it'll have proprietary storage, and cost significantly more. And have they stated the ps4 won't allow for game installation? It is a nice option to have. Unless of course any of this stuff as been confirmed otherwise.

Though they will both probably support external drives, since I believe both ps3 and 360 do.

They support external harddrives? :o How many people know about this?

ArtVeigar

I don't know much about the PS3, but Xbox 360 supports a small external drive, I don't remember the limit, but my brother uses a 16GB pendrive. I do remember the maximum were really small, and I couldn't use my external HD on it.

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jun 18, 15:53:35
I don't know much about the PS3, but Xbox 360 supports a small external drive, I don't remember the limit, but my brother uses a 16GB pendrive. I do remember the maximum were really small, and I couldn't use my external HD on it.

Yeah, Its been too long since I cared about storage on my 360.X3 They do support usb HDDs, but only up to 32GB. Ps3 on the other hand seems to properly support them.

Chishio Kunrin

People can't actually hack your Kinect, right? :\ That seems to be a worry among some people, since there are worries that people can hack webcams and stuff.

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 19, 08:14:55
People can't actually hack your Kinect, right? :\ That seems to be a worry among some people, since there are worries that people can hack webcams and stuff.

Well it is definitely possible to do, though it might be ridiculously improbable.

Sea Foam

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 19, 08:14:55

If it makes you feel any better, the people who are good enough to do that would probably spend their S1cK H4x0R Sk1llz with something like threatening national security.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Go Up