Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dawnstar

Possible, I've been trying to avoid spoilers from synopses but I can't avoid them all and that one sounds like a possibility. Still though, it's so close to the end of the season that the supposed season-long arc falls a bit short of what was expected.

I assumed as much with the keys as soon as I saw that the first one was a spool and not key-shaped at all so they probably will lead to or turn into the actual keys. Probably when they realize the significance of the items they received.

Mizuki

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2014 Apr 02, 00:04:56
Possible, I've been trying to avoid spoilers from synopses but I can't avoid them all and that one sounds like a possibility. Still though, it's so close to the end of the season that the supposed season-long arc falls a bit short of what was expected.

I assumed as much with the keys as soon as I saw that the first one was a spool and not key-shaped at all so they probably will lead to or turn into the actual keys. Probably when they realize the significance of the items they received.

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking too; like the items they received wouldn't literally fit into a key hole, but would either turn or lead to their key. I just called them "keys" for sake of convenience :'D

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 01, 07:41:12
You may also remember that Twilight went to the castle to research the box.

Yes she did, but remember how that episode ended? Twilight found Luna & Celestia's Diary. Which gave her the "Hey, why don't we start writing in one too?" idea.

After that, a good chunk of the season focused on journal entries. I understand that it's a kids show, and I'm not saying the journal/diary was a bad idea, I just don't think that "story arcs" really work this way when a quest had already been established in the two-parter o.O

Imagine playing an RPG with an established, goal-oriented plot, but rather than pay it any mind, the writers act like the inconsequential side-stuff is the real "meat" of the story.

I mean I guess it works in Dark Souls II because everything is sorta vague to begin with, but would that really make sense for something like Legend of Zelda or Tales of Symphonia?

Ah maybe video games wasn't the best analogy for this  :s

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 01, 23:31:03
Trege has a theory that the keys aren't actually the keys to the box and that they will lead the mane six to the real keys.

Ramisha

Spoiler: huge spoiler alert • show

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 04, 03:30:15
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 01, 23:31:03
Trege has a theory that the keys aren't actually the keys to the box and that they will lead the mane six to the real keys.

Spoiler: show

"I heard that you like keys, so I gave you some keys that lead to more keys"?

Spoiler: Next episode slight spoiler • show

""The rappin' Hist'ry of the Wonderbolts" by PINKIE PIE feat. DJ Pon-3 - coming this Saturday! #MLPSeason4" - The Hub
No idea how to feel about this.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Considering Pinkie Pie has been fladerized into a hyperthermic husk of her former self I wouldn't hold my breath.  :s

Seriously, what the heck happened to her this season? The only time she exhibited anything resembling sentience was in Pinkie Pride. Other than that episode, anytime she opens her mouth anymore she just babbles some incoherent nonsense and gets a hoof upside her head for stepping out of line.

O Pinkie. How I mourn for thee.  :c

Weatherboy1

HOLY MOTHER OF CELESTIA! The Season Finale is looking fantastic!

Mizuki

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2014 Apr 05, 11:14:02
HOLY MOTHER OF CELESTIA! The Season Finale is looking fantastic!

IT MADE ME SCREAM INTERNALLY!! I'm way more excited than I should be!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: Testing Testing 1, 2, 3 episode! • show
That was a pretty fantastic episode!
Pinkie Pie's rap wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and I actually kinda laughed at her a few times this episode. I also laughed at Rarity.
I love that they've changed the Wonderbolts from being seemingly a team of performers to Equestria's version of the Air Force.
I like how they had the pony who named the Wonderbolts be named Firefly. You know... the pony Rainbow Dash was originally going to be, Faust's favorite pony from generation 1.

I think the thing I love most about this episode is that it might really speak to kids who have trouble learning and studying.

Buddy Minute

Wow, a 10 out of 10 episode out of nowhere.

What amazing is that the plot is so simple, but it just grew into something amazing! I love seeing flying Twilight interact with Rainbow, and her friends attempts to help here were really interesting. Especially that last scene! I love the design on "Celestial Fluttershy." It's also sweet that so many people took their time out to help Rainbow, in particular the Scotaloo.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 06, 03:39:03
Spoiler: Testing Testing 1, 2, 3 episode! • show
That was a pretty fantastic episode!
Pinkie Pie's rap wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and I actually kinda laughed at her a few times this episode. I also laughed at Rarity.
I love that they've changed the Wonderbolts from being seemingly a team of performers to Equestria's version of the Air Force.
I like how they had the pony who named the Wonderbolts be named Firefly. You know... the pony Rainbow Dash was originally going to be, Faust's favorite pony from generation 1.

I think the thing I love most about this episode is that it might really speak to kids who have trouble learning and studying.

^Also
I kinda laughed when Applejack said "Well, then you're up a creek." You know, "You're up a creek without a paddle." lol

Dawnstar

2014 Apr 06, 10:21:28 #411 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 06, 10:35:53 by Dawnstar
I can relate with Rainbow's dislike of classroom learning. I've always had similar difficulties learning in similar environments with lectures being the least likely way to teach me anything.

You can really tell how close-knit the community of Ponyville is with how many other residents that we don't normally see turning up to help Rainbow learn.

Overall though I really liked this episode. The only problem I had with it was how quickly Rainbow panicked after the pop quiz. It just seemed so sudden that I couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic toward Twilight or being genuinely upset because there was no indication that such a realization had time to sink in before she panicked.

Edit: I did find it a little strange that all of her friends knew so much about the history of the Wonderbolts when she didn't though.

On a final note: as soon as I saw this scene I totally knew someone was going to do this.

I mean seriously, if someone else didn't do it, I probably would have.

LostSanity

I'm... not sure what to say about this one.

It's just... well...

EVERYTHING in this episode was AMAZING.

I LOVED it.

:3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Pipkin

I fell behind on the episodes(Yay IRL) so here we go!
Spoiler: Leap of Faith • show
Honestly I knew before the episode launched that it was both an Applejack episode AND the Flim Flam brothers came back.

I instantly lost any interest in even watching this episode

Then I found out this episode was integral to the plot forcing me to watch it.  Finally an AJ episode with some decency.  The lesson was good for a change and they actually didnt screw up AJ's character for a change which was nice.

Spoiler: Testing 123 • show
Another good lesson, despite not liking history personally, and with learning about different people learning differently and being able to apply it.  RD's learning style is actually pretty awesome(And honestly hearing her "catalog everything as she flies" reminds me of when I drive)

Pinkie rapping.......no.  I literally almost shut off the episode right then and there.  Absolutely not I cannot believe they'd drop Pinkie to that level, ever.  I am ashamed, and I pray they do an episode soon to redeem her respectability after the latest numerous deviations from her original personality or I may have to find a new favorite.  Appauling.

GoldenTerrabyte

Spoiler: I have two things to say about the episode... • show

1. I think it was very good and entertaining, the second best of Season 4 so far.(loses to the one where Rarity tries to act like Applejack, I forget what it's called) And I will say it was one of the most creative and interesting episodes of S4.

2. Pinkie Pie is the best rapper ever. Period.
I'm back

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Apr 06, 23:38:04
Pinkie rapping.......no.  I literally almost shut off the episode right then and there.  Absolutely not I cannot believe they'd drop Pinkie to that level, ever.  I am ashamed, and I pray they do an episode soon to redeem her respectability after the latest numerous deviations from her original personality or I may have to find a new favorite.  Appauling.

I honestly don't even recognize her as a character anymore. Every time she opens her mouth anymore I seriously just think "Oh, shut up, Pinkie!". When's the last time she's said anything even remotely worthwhile? She's become a complete joke.

I've kind of got my fingers crossed that the series finale will reveal this Pinkie is just a changeling and the real Pinkie has been held hostage by Chrysalis the whole time.

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 07, 08:37:02
I honestly don't even recognize her as a character anymore. Every time she opens her mouth anymore I seriously just think "Oh, shut up, Pinkie!". When's the last time she's said anything even remotely worthwhile? She's become a complete joke.

I've kind of got my fingers crossed that the series finale will reveal this Pinkie is just a changeling and the real Pinkie has been held hostage by Chrysalis the whole time.

I completely agree with the both of you.  Pinkie is now a walking punch line.  What happened to the old Pink-
Oh my sweet Celestia.

[I]THE MIRROR POOL.[/i]
Could it be?
Could it really be that simple?
<br />

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Apr 07, 13:43:27
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 07, 08:37:02

I completely agree with the both of you.  Pinkie is now a walking punch line.  What happened to the old Pink-
Oh my sweet Celestia.

[I]THE MIRROR POOL.[/i]
Could it be?
Could it really be that simple?
You know, I actually have my own little theory about the Mirror Pool. Did you notice that when there was only ONE copy, she was actually pretty intelligent compared to when there were a ton copies. I personally believe that the more copies there are, the less intelligent the copies will be. So maybe after they "fixed" the situation, there may be one copy left they didn't find, making that one intelligent after returning all the rest. And that is the Pinkie we've seen for a lot of this season.
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Apr 07, 15:48:54 #418 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 08, 13:52:00 by Chishio Kunrin
I just realized. The pony who was piloting the helicopter. Is it me, or was that the pony who owns Ponyville's hot air balloon? I'm pretty sure she's the one who had it in Spike At Your Service, but not sure if she was the one who had it in Magical Mystery Cure.

Ponyville has an earth pony who pilots aircrafts. :I

Post Merge

Alright, so...
- Rarity taught Coco Pommel generosity. I think.
- Rainbow Dash taught Spitfire loyalty.
- Pinkie Pie taught Cheese Sandwich laughter when she was a filly.
- Fluttershy lectured Seabreeze about kindness, so I guess she taught him a bit of kindness?
- Applejack taught Silver Shill the importance of honesty.
Is Twilight Sparkle going to teach somepony magic?
Wait...
Wait a second...

Dawnstar

I'm more expecting her to pass on some sort of lesson on friendship. Yes she is the element of magic, but magic is something a third of the population possesses and is generally learned and taught among the unicorns so I doubt it would be something so common. Sure she is a much stronger magic user because of her element, but the element of magic only gains its power through the other elements.

Go Up