Started by Equestrian, 2012 May 08, 09:31:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 04, 22:33:02
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 04, 21:53:24
i confess I'm breaking my "hiatus" for a bit xD

Yay!

I wub the Daily Chance on GaiaOnline. :3 Because of it, I have a bunch of fish for my aquarium, I've ended up saving up over 10,000 tokens for the slot machines, and I now have 60 grade F fish bait, 13 grade D bait, and 3 grade A bait. And I didn't even have to buy any of that fish bait.

^Yeeeeess this!! I love when it gives you fishies. :3
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

When I boil eggs, once they're done, I put them in a bowl of ice. I don't have the patience to wait for them to cool down normally, and I don't wanna peel them while they're burning hot.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GalvinRoe

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 05, 00:16:05
When I boil eggs, once they're done, I put them in a bowl of ice. I don't have the patience to wait for them to cool down normally, and I don't wanna peel them while they're burning hot.

That's Flipping genius!

I confess that I've never thought of that and I may just use it  lol!

Firey

Firey's Confession:

Well okay, travelling around Turkey is GOOD.
BUT, other than that, I'm not really enjoying it right now...
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Chishio Kunrin

I confess that my new earthpony OC is just inspired by Sweetiebot. X3 Yep, she's a robot but doesn't know it. So what?

That's not unoriginal, right? :s I just wanted to make her.

GalvinRoe

2012 Jul 05, 09:33:25 #805 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 05, 09:42:40 by GalvinRoe
Quote from: Firey on 2012 Jul 05, 09:22:21
Firey's Confession:

You forcing yourself into HORRID experiences to come out the other-end of them? You might not think they are fun, at first but later you can look back and say: "Dang, that was a good experience"

I think travelling is more . . . self-searching then . . . direct fun, per-say.

Confession, I want to tell my Japanese Story, so I shall: (to give context of course  lol!)

Allright  . So starts off the day before the trip. I was having trouble sleeping, a little too excited as happens   and I am always having trouble with my sleep  . Get to my plane just fine and my friends came up and said cheerio  . Going fabulous so far now the story begins.

I couldn't sleep on the plane either  . So I've been awake for 2 days now and starting to get a little groggy. Then I have a 9 hour overlay for my domestic flight and can't get any sleep in the airport  . Finally, I'm sitting in the waiting terminal and I see what looks like a bloody Yakuza (Japnese mafia) abduction. (No joke) EVERYONE is ignoring them but these guys in big coats with their hands bound by other coats and these people walking behind them  and they walk into the bathrooms  . I was just staring then one of the guys looks back at me and gives me a death glare.

I'm thinking great! I'm going to get killed before I even make it to my destination. Then another group comes of all cops and takes more people into the bathroom. (I hope they were real cops) Then they all come out and get into a big van and drive away, fabulous first day in japan  .

Finally I get on my flight and EVERYONE is speaking Japanese then the female plane assistant comes up and asks if I'm on the wrong plane  . I'm the only gaijin (foreigner) there  . I say no, I'm going to Kamo-cho to volunteer and stay with a family  .

So we get there I lay down a couch in the waiting room, because now I'm exhausted and I need a sit down. BUt of course I can't sleep and get up and ask the information desk where my destination is. Well, for the first 5 minutes they didn't think the place existed, then I showed them the kanji and here is what they say.

"Yep, that's Kamo-cho allright" Great!, just great, I'm thinking.

Finally they find where I need to go and it turns out it's at the TOP of Kagoshima (the island I was on in Japan) and I was at the BOTTOM! I obviously did something wrong when mapping the course.

So they show me the path I'll need to go on and tell me the trains I need to take and tell me I'll need to take a bus to the station. I ask when the next bus is leaving. They point out at the bus and say well that leaves in about a minute. SO by now I am COMPLETLY exhausted, not thinking straight and anxious out of my mind  ! So I RUSH out, thanking them of course as I run.

I get to the bus just fine but unlike buses here where you pay before or when you get on, you pay AFTERWARDS! OF course, I don't know this and ask (ignorantly) how much it is to get to -... station. - A really, really nice business man says "Oh no, you pay when you get there." In PERFECT English and points to the electronic message board at the font of the bus.

I sit and talk with him for a bit and ALMOST get off at the wrong stop but he tells me that the next stop is mine. He gets off on the same stop and asks me if he needs me to go with him and help me out. I really wanted to just stop and say "You know what, it's fine! It's fine, do you have time to stop and tell me your life story? Your far to nice and I would like to hear HOW you got that way because maybe, just maybe I will write a book about you"  . I would have too if I had the money to NOT need to get where I was going as soon as possible.

Of course I couldn't let him be late or completly miss his job or whatever he was doing just to help me and we parted. I'm sure he was freaking out about me all that day, probably thought I was dead  !

Anyways, so I'm finally on the train and it turns out that their stops have all the directions before the actual stop, example:

West kagoshimasa; east kagoshimasa. All the directions then: Kagoshimasa! So I got of on the wrong stop TWICE. And it was flippin' cold out on those train ports without any protection from the wind and it was January  .

So I FINALLY get to where im going. TAKES ANOTHER FULL DAY. Had a couple more mishaps, but time to finish this post up, its too long  .

And I get to the place I'm supposed to go the last train takes the LONGEST to get between stops and I kept thinking I was going to miss it. Finally I get there and I need a phone . . . because of course I don't have one. I have Skype and I use the pay-phones. . . . They don't have any . . .

So I was forced to ask a high school girl to borrow her phone. (With my bad Japanese  .) I think she thought I was trying to mug her at first. But I'm not a very imposing figure  , luckily I'm told I have a nice aura about me  . So she lends it to me but says "Don't go anywhere" in english  .

I say of course not and then we were pals when I gave the phone back to her after I called.   NEver saw her again though .

So Finally I'm picked up get there and sleep the ENTIRE next day  . Lucky me I was able to!

Firey

Quote from: GalvinRoe on 2012 Jul 05, 09:33:25
Quote from: Firey on 2012 Jul 05, 09:22:21
Firey's Confession:

You forcing yourself into HORRID experiences to come out the other-end of them? You might not think they are fun, at first but later you can look back and say: "Dang, that was a good experience"

I think travelling is more . . . self-searching then . . . direct fun, per-say.

No, no, no. The travelling is FINE. It's just that I'm always having issues at the places I'm accommodated in:
i.e. Issues with the people I'm staying with. (Relatives, friends)
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Link

I can believe it's not butter... :x
[CENTER][/CENTER]

GalvinRoe

I confess I look back on that day and laugh  lol! IT WAS EXCELLENT! But It sorta left me afraid of traveling through Japan for a week or so  lol!

byndbored

Quote from: Link on 2012 Jul 05, 10:01:57
I can believe it's not butter... :x

lol I believe you. :]
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Sea Foam

2012 Jul 05, 13:05:25 #810 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 05, 13:06:59 by Sea Foam
I have a 34 year old brother that I've lived in the same house as all my life; we have never spoken.

Not once, in the 17 years I've been on this Earth, have we said more than a string of 20 words to each other.
My own brother is, quite literally, a stranger.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

byndbored

Someone where my dad worked put coffee grinds in cup of hot water and tried to drink it that way. (Not joking about this) lol lol
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

lurk852

Quote from: GalvinRoe on 2012 Jul 05, 10:05:13
I confess I look back on that day and laugh  lol! IT WAS EXCELLENT! But It sorta left me afraid of traveling through Japan for a week or so  lol!

That sounds pretty crazy. (Good thing it wasn't me, 'cause the only thing I can say in Japanese is "I am not a girl".)
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

So, my great-great grandfather, perhaps both great-great grandfathers, was full-blood Cherokee. I just stumbled upon this old Cherokee proverb.

I didn't know about that proverb until now, but I ended up imagining pretty much that exact thing going on in my inner world back in middle school. The coincidence is creepy. The wolves' names? Rage and Luna.

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 05, 20:18:33
So, my great-great grandfather, perhaps both great-great grandfathers, was full-blood Cherokee. I just stumbled upon this old Cherokee proverb.
<snip>
I didn't know about that proverb until now, but I ended up imagining pretty much that exact thing going on in my inner world back in middle school. The coincidence is creepy. The wolves' names? Rage and Luna.

I remember hearing that somewhere before. Upon seeing that picture, though, my first thought was "which of the two wolves in the picture is which?"  :I
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 05, 20:29:43 #815 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 06, 15:11:57 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 05, 20:27:11
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 05, 20:18:33
<snip>

I remember hearing that somewhere before. Upon seeing that picture, though, my first thought was "which of the two wolves in the picture is which?"  :I

Pretty sure the snarling one is the evil one. After all, one thing the evil one embodies is anger.

[Edit]: One time, a few years ago, I was hanging out with my parents' friend's kids. The older one was walking in mud when his foot sank into some particularly soft mud, and he got stuck. So, what did he do? He screamed "ZOMBIE!!!" I panicked and told him it wasn't a zombie at all, it was just mole people who wanted to find someone to sing to, but they're terrible at singing so no one listens to them. o_o

The Wandering Magus

i confess that i feel cold at 70 F and hot at 80 F x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Sea Foam

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 06, 19:26:45
i confess that i feel cold at 70 F and hot at 80 F x3

I feel cold at 70F, warm at 80F, and comfortable at 90-100F   x3

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

The Wandering Magus

i confess that I have terrible skin on my face >.< and my dermatologist isn't helping! D:
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

I just listened to The Brony Syndicate - Pony Swag Megamix, just because my friend told me I should. She warned me that it's almost 18 minutes long, but... well...

I usually never really click friends' links and read/watch/check out what they say I should or ask me to, and I'm really trying to work on that. X3

Go Up