Don't Starve

Started by Rissian, 2013 May 13, 15:01:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

2013 May 13, 15:01:42 Last Edit: 2013 May 13, 15:10:48 by Trege
Does anyone here have this game? It's pretty fun you get thrown in a wilderness much like Minecraft, and you have to survive by finding food etc. Also by building your tools and everything from scratch.

Seasons go by and everything you also get crazy wild monsters that have a chance of finding your camp at night. Plus much more to do and the worlds are huge as well with different more dangerous sections. It's not easy to heal yourself either so if you don't make medicine or food with good healing strength you won't survive long. The longest I've survived is 28 days.  ovO

I'm also streaming the game on my channel if anyone is bored and doesn't have much too do today.
http://www.livestream.com/trege100schannel

Book Smarts

Looked like fun, I'll probably wait for the Summer Steam Sale to get it

KoalaLover99

I've seen youtubers play it, but I'm not 100% sure I'd buy it, seems a bit too creepy for my tastes o_O

HerpyDooves

Yeah, I've been watching Sips from Yogscast play it, and it looks pretty fun. But I've never played it. X3

Rissian

2013 May 13, 16:46:16 #4 Last Edit: 2013 May 13, 17:30:31 by Trege
It's not really that scary when you play it more goofy than anything even the monsters look kinda funny.  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: KoalaLover99 on 2013 May 13, 15:37:44
I've seen youtubers play it, but I'm not 100% sure I'd buy it, seems a bit too creepy for my tastes o_O

It gets a bit creepy if your character starts going insane. o.O Shadowy hallucinations start appearing, and your screen can get kinda wobbly around the edges. Eventually, rabbits will turn black and turn into beardlings, so when you kill them, they drop beard hair. lol But eventually, when your sanity is too low, the hallucinations become real and attack you. :I

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sea Foam

I've been meaning to try this game out for ages.
Unfortunately, I've recently learned that my Golden Masterpiece of a computer is incapable of running the graphics.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Darkangel

2013 May 14, 02:22:22 #7 Last Edit: 2013 May 14, 19:18:16 by Darkangel
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 May 13, 17:35:38
Quote from: KoalaLover99 on 2013 May 13, 15:37:44

It gets a bit creepy if your character starts going insane. o.O Shadowy hallucinations start appearing, and your screen can get kinda wobbly around the edges. Eventually, rabbits will turn black and turn into beardlings, so when you kill them, they drop beard hair. lol But eventually, when your sanity is too low, the hallucinations become real and attack you. :I

You guys have NO IDEA how creepy it is when your sanity is low. It's MUCH MORE than that. When your sanity is 30 or lower, the hallucinations attack you. And each sanity drop makes the screen go brighter and brighter, and distant noises can be heard. Also, when you reach 30 sanity, the "New day music" that plays when you enter a new day plays but is very slow and creepy like. That is personally the most creepy part of it. Also squiggles appear around your screen too. Hallucinations start to attack and when you fight them, or anything else, NO battle music is heard. Hallucinations make no noises too. When you attacked them quite a bit, the hallucinations teleport quite away from you with a "Fff sss sss sss" noise then run toward you to attack. All you can hear are muffled voices that have been sped up and weird noises, similar to Giygas's battle "music". Your character is constantly doing stuff that happens to them when they are insane, such as putting their hands on their head and stuff like that. But if you kill a Terrorbeak:
Spoiler: show
Your sanity will go up by 33 meaning the monsters will stop attacking. It's not the same for Crawling Horror, though, as they only give you 15 sanity:

Here is a picture from the wiki showing what insanity looks like:

In adventure mode, there is one area where you are forced to go insane, so yeah...

Edit: Apparently, going insane is different now. The screen gets darker instead. So I went insane JUST for you guys!
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, the screen gets darker and gets red tendrils instead of black ones.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up