Cave Story.

Started by Rissian, 2012 Sep 15, 00:33:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

I'm sure almost everyone has heard of this game but has anyone from LoE played it, I loved the game and the music in all versions of the game.

It's kind of epic how one dude made the the entire game from scratch and now it spawned many ports and remakes from others.

The game itself is pretty short but it's still one of my favorite games to this date, with likable characters and everything.

The pc version is freeware and it's available here for people who haven't seen it yet.
http://www.cavestory.org/index.php

Book Smarts

Freeware ?! O:

Steam sold it to me for $3  >:/

Rissian

Yeah the game was originally free but steam has some version with extra features and content added which is why it's $3.

lurk852

The "extra features" are pretty sparse, from what I hear - I played the free version. Definitely a great game, though, and I can't complain about the guy who wrote it getting some compensation for that awesomeness.

I have many fond memories of trying to beat Hell. I did succeed eventually, partly because I used a somewhat cheap strategy from the interweb for the final phase of the final boss. I also completely forgot that I had a potion until well after I beat the game...  >:/

Like you said, it's pretty impressive that one person made the entire game. Great music, interesting story, tense and exciting boss fights.

I considered concluding this post with a Youtube video of the main Cave Story theme mashed up with the Fresh Prince theme, but that might not be the best way to introduce people to the game.  :c
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Sea Foam

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Sep 15, 16:19:54
I considered concluding this post with a Youtube video of the main Cave Story theme mashed up with the Fresh Prince theme, but that might not be the best way to introduce people to the game.  :c

Is this any better?

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

SapphirePony

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 15, 00:33:51
I'm sure almost everyone has heard of this game
Yus the word almost o3o I've actually never heard of this game I might go try it I've needed something to do.

lurk852

2012 Sep 15, 16:40:37 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 15, 16:49:57 by lurk852
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Sep 15, 16:27:14
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Sep 15, 16:19:54

Is this any better?

I'm not sure if "better" is the right word, but it's definitely cool! The bit at :04 always cracks me up.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Itty Bit

Cave story was certainly a very facinating game. Not only is the gameplay memorable, but just the process and creation of it in and of itself is worth mentioning. I can't believe just one guy made this game, and back in the early 2000's too!

akirawind0

oh...cave story one of the best game a played I got my from steam actually what you get from steam is cave story +
have few new think remaster music, two graphics and side story I have play the side story yet

studying is learning
teach is a ability
Crystal Is Style

Go Up