Was any pony fan sprites ever publicly released?

Started by Rissian, 2012 Jun 27, 06:55:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

(Not sure if this is the right area sorry if it isn't. :o )

Did any fans ever publicly release pony sprites for others to use?

I make fan games every now and then usually platformers and I was wondering if any sprites exist that fans share with each other I'm no artist so I can't make my own sprites and backgrounds, and since the only official pony game that exists is on GBA and it's the 1990's version of all the characters I can't use them as they wouldn't match the ideas for mini games/fan games I have.

A few of the minigame ideas I had was.

Sneak into canterlot castle.
The player would be trying to sneak into canterlot castle like Twilight did but with a Metal Gear style gameplay where you have to avoid the pony guards and spotlights and alert phases. (It would likely be a 2D platformer.)

Another idea was a fire emblem styled minigame with ponies nothing to serious though just like the show they would probably use horseshoes pies magic and bucking for attacks.

(Another note is I have made fan games before so it wouldn't be a problem to make this stuff if I had resources, like sprites and such.)

Tiger

Well, some ponies like to use the desktop pony sprites, and the mane 6 of them are currently taking over my desktop while I am typing this ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Rissian

Yeah I feel kind of dumb opening this topic now x3 I just checked the desktop pony website and they allow them to be used in other projects as long as they are credited, to the original fans who made them, I may end up using episode screenshots for some of the backgrounds, unless theres a good source somewhere for pony platformer game backgrounds.

Crystal Chaos

I am working on a sprite for my OC. Feel free to use it if you credit me and do not steal anything.

Rissian

Ah don't worry desktop ponies had enough sprites and I will always credit anyone who made the art, it's like a #1 rule for fan stuff.

Go Up