Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Star

Golf counts as a P.E. credit but Dance doesn't.

That is some poop right there.

Midnight Breeze

Come on, temperature, rise above freezing already. I need this snow to melt so I can go to the bank and get an official check to pay my rent with.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: StarSong on 2015 Feb 28, 13:49:40
Golf counts as a P.E. credit but Dance doesn't.

That is some poop right there.

Dance is considered art, right? :P Kinda silly, considering you get a workout when you dance.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 28, 14:28:05
Come on, temperature, rise above freezing already. I need this snow to melt so I can go to the bank and get an official check to pay my rent with.

I assure you, it doesn't usually get this cold in Texas. X3 And it doesn't snow or sleet very often.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 28, 13:05:56
Apparently, in England, Avatar: The Last Airbender is called Avatar: The Legend of Aang. o.O
Though, I can't say much since America changed Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Why exactly do our countries need to change the titles of things, though? We both speak English, albeit different dialects. :\

I never saw it called that. But we (for some reason) had "Sly Racoon" instead of "Sly Cooper". Why I have no idea.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 28, 14:51:42
I never saw it called that. But we (for some reason) had "Sly Racoon" instead of "Sly Cooper". Why I have no idea.

In America, Where's Wally is called Where's Waldo.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 28, 14:51:42

Ah. An English friend of mine calls it Avatar: The Legend of Aang, so I looked it up, and it's actually a thing.

Ramisha

They translated Over the Hedge as Over the Fence in my country. There are more like that, I just can't remember any right now...  >.<

Oh wait, another one: Rush Hour - Step on the Gas (the literal translation would be Gas to the board - it's some dumb phrase).

There was some man on TV on a cooking show who decided it would be nice to tell a story about the meal he was making and bore everyone. It would be nice if it wasn't such a dumb story - "There were three brothers, one smart and ugly, one handsome and dumb, and one handsome and smart but deaf and blind." SERIOUSLY? How can you be smart if you cannot interact with the world around you except by touch and smell? If you're making a story, AT LEAST MAKE IT HAVE SOME SENSE.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 28, 17:29:58
SERIOUSLY? How can you be smart if you cannot interact with the world around you except by touch and smell?

Clearly you've never heard of Helen Keller.

byndbored

2015 Feb 28, 23:33:43 #15608 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 28, 23:35:41 by byndbored
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 24, 06:05:45
what the heck is Ice doing in the middle of the side walk O:?!

Post Merge
Whahahaha *-*!
someone just accused me of going there yesterday when i was talking about a Buffet i went to for one of my Uncle's Birthday's
(i only heard of it yesterday then you bring it up)
The road between our house and where he goes to work doesn't have a sidewalk. :\

When a black keyboard uses grey text forcing me to leave the light on.
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 28, 17:34:53
Clearly you've never heard of Helen Keller.

Oh darn, you're right.
But this story was made a few hundred years ago... so...I doubt they had such skilled therapeutists back then

Chishio Kunrin

SeaWorld.
The trainers aren't at fault. They're lied to just as much as the public is.

And no, this isn't an "I'm sad that animals are kept in captivity."
This is a "There have been many recorded signs that their living conditions are leaving them feeling distressed and frustrated, but SeaWorld lies to the public about it and misinforms them about orcas. SeaWorld says orcas live 25-35 years, and they live longer in captivity. The truth is, in the wild, the males live at least 50 years and the females at least 100. They only live 25-35 in SeaWorld, thanks to the living conditions. SeaWorld says 25% of orcas' dorsal fins bend over and become floppy. In reality, only 1% of orcas have a floppy dorsal fin in the wild, but it's common in SeaWorld parks, especially among males. This is not a good sign. There are many more things, much worse things."

Rissian

I bought Fantasy Life while on vacation in Florida with my aunt and uncle. But I can't even play it because I stupidly left my SD card behind.  :c I'll have to buy an SD tomorrow anyways since my old one at home is almost full. I think I'm gonna get a 16 or 32GB card they should be pretty cheap now because of those new 100+GB SD cards.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Mar 01, 21:18:13
I bought Fantasy Life while on vacation in Florida with my aunt and uncle. But I can't even play it because I stupidly left my SD card behind.  :c I'll have to buy an SD tomorrow anyways since my old one at home is almost full. I think I'm gonna get a 16 or 32GB card they should be pretty cheap now because of those new 100+GB SD cards.

I can't find the time to ever pick up an SD card... Takes quite a long walk to get to the nearest place to buy one, and I really don't want to bother anyone.

I just decided to ask a friend to get me one, as he was going that way in the first place. If he did get it, I plan to pay him back for it.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Midnight Breeze

I hate the demonization of the pony generator and the putting down of those who use it as "lazy". Look, not everybody has artistic skill, okay? I sure don't. I can't draw anything more than a stickman. Likewise, not everyone has money to pay for a commission or talented friends in the fandom willing to do it for free. The pony generator is a useful tool for the people who don't have those resources available to create a character. It doesn't make them "lazy" for using the limited resources that are available to them.

Now I can also see things from the standpoint of career artists, who are angered that the generator may be taking work away from them. That I totally understand. But as an artist you need to understand that the people who are satisfied with the generator are people who most likely never would have commissioned form you anyway. They either can't afford a commission or don't care enough to pay. Hence why they are settling for a lower quality image. The pony creator helps a whole lot more artists than it hurts by allowing people with no artistic skill to provide a decent template for them to work from.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Mar 02, 01:00:10
Spoiler: show
I hate the demonization of the pony generator and the putting down of those who use it as "lazy". Look, not everybody has artistic skill, okay? I sure don't. I can't draw anything more than a stickman. Likewise, not everyone has money to pay for a commission or talented friends in the fandom willing to do it for free. The pony generator is a useful tool for the people who don't have those resources available to create a character. It doesn't make them "lazy" for using the limited resources that are available to them.

Now I can also see things from the standpoint of career artists, who are angered that the generator may be taking work away from them. That I totally understand. But as an artist you need to understand that the people who are satisfied with the generator are people who most likely never would have commissioned form you anyway. They either can't afford a commission or don't care enough to pay. Hence why they are settling for a lower quality image. The pony creator helps a whole lot more artists than it hurts by allowing people with no artistic skill to provide a decent template for them to work from.

Total Support :]

Peace Keeper

Amen to that.
Honestly, I don't like commissions, even if you can earn descent money, I just don't feel that artistic ideas would last very long to make a living.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chromastone64

THIS.
I'm only just starting to draw, and that's when I'm following a guide, so I needed PonyMaker and stuff like that to make my OCs.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Ramisha

Spoiler: show

1) Pony creator is not bad, you know what's bad? People who take others' artwork and say that's their oc. Go get an imagination plz.
2) Why do commission artists charge so much!? 20 dollars for a sketch, are you serious??

Night Pony

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Mar 02, 05:03:29
Why do commission artists charge so much!? 20 dollars for a sketch, are you serious??

Because there are people buying them.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Midnight Breeze

2015 Mar 02, 08:32:04 #15619 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 02, 08:35:13 by Midnight Breeze
Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Mar 02, 05:03:29
2) Why do commission artists charge so much!? 20 dollars for a sketch, are you serious??

They are trying to make a living. I find that prices vary wildly based on the nationality of the artist because they set their prices by local cost of living. Commissioning from an Australian artist will be significantly more expensive than commissioning from Polish artist because of the huge difference in cost of living and average wage between those countries.

I commissioned from a Mexican artist, and I paid 17 dollars for a full-color image with background that had to have taken at least 3-4 hours to make. That's less than 6 dollars an hour, which is very reasonable. Unfortunately that artist dropped off the grid a couple years back and I haven't commissioned anything since.  ono

You know, I just realized how hypocritical that makes me. I'm always criticizing corporations for outsources labor and here I am doing the same. God, I'm a hypocrite.

Go Up