Assassin's Creed

Started by Night Pony, 2012 Jul 01, 17:37:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Ah, I haven't played AC3 yet. But dual wielding same weapons can be cooler than dual wielding two different weapons.
Also, I'm not a big fan of the naval battles. X3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Well you can't dual wield sword and axe for example but you can have bow with one button and axe with another. Also naval battles are extremely well done and the Templars have taken to the waters so you won't be firing at any random ship. The annoying thing about the naval battles is the full sync that you have on some missions (the 'shoot the gunpowder barrels' annoyed me since they are hard to expose).

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Dark_Twilight

2013 Mar 05, 13:28:31 #22 Last Edit: 2013 Mar 05, 13:30:47 by Dark_Twilight
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Mar 05, 13:11:20
Well you can't dual wield sword and axe for example but you can have bow with one button and axe with another.

That is not a dual wielding but just having two weapons assinged to two diffrent buttons (not that you can use bow and axe at the same time). The only dual wielding weapons in AC3 are guns that you can fire at two enemy's at once before reloading.

As for Desmond he ended up in animus in revelations to be kept alive so if AC4 will be using his dna Ubi will find a way to magically hook him up to continue, or it might just take action before the AC3

Night Pony

Actually the only dual wielding that I used and therefore know is axe and hidden blade but that's pretty standard since you can't use the axe without the blade.

Desmond's story has finished in AC3 and Desmond is done (I won't spoil the ending). Essentially what I've learned from trailers and such is that you are working for Abstergo and they pulled a file on Desmond or something like that so you play as his relative.

McSleuthburger

Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Book Smarts

KireiameJin

I'm a fan of the AC games, but my general opinion is that since AC1, specially in the AC3, the assassination phases are very careless from the developers.

AC3 was, from my opinion, the least interesting game of the saga, If i talk about the ending of "Assassins creed 3",  it was really bad... but not only the ending, the whole story line is loose compared with other franchise titles, and the assassinations phases are just annoying and and unimaginative, which really hurted me as an original AC fan  :c

The only thing that was well developed and was actually curious and even funny, was the new and awesome Naval system. I just played the game after beat the story just for that, i got lots of fun sailing my boat trought the waves and sinking other's ships just like a real pirate captain  :D

So i think this new game is just an "expansion" of that naval system, most surely they improved the system and want to make it the main feature this time, which makes me be afraid again about the actual "assassin" experience (This is AC, not Pirates of the caribeann Ubisoft :/ ), i can be wrong, but i think there are lots of chances that this game is going to show the exact same lack on originality in the assassination phases that the other 3 last ACs (Yeah, i still liked the first AC2 lots :) ).

It's just my opinion thought, i can be wrong with my subjective valoration of the saga, but it's the impression it left in me after re-playing all the games recently for the launch of AC3  X3

PD: Did i mention that i loved killing other ppl in the online multiplayer?, because i really do  ovO
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2013 Mar 06, 07:44:35
Spoiler: show
I'm a fan of the AC games, but my general opinion is that since AC1, specially in the AC3, the assassination phases are very careless from the developers.

AC3 was, from my opinion, the least interesting game of the saga, If i talk about the ending of "Assassins creed 3",  it was really bad... but not only the ending, the whole story line is loose compared with other franchise titles, and the assassinations phases are just annoying and and unimaginative, which really hurted me as an original AC fan  :c

The only thing that was well developed and was actually curious and even funny, was the new and awesome Naval system. I just played the game after beat the story just for that, i got lots of fun sailing my boat trought the waves and sinking other's ships just like a real pirate captain  :D

So i think this new game is just an "expansion" of that naval system, most surely they improved the system and want to make it the main feature this time, which makes me be afraid again about the actual "assassin" experience (This is AC, not Pirates of the caribeann Ubisoft :/ ), i can be wrong, but i think there are lots of chances that this game is going to show the exact same lack on originality in the assassination phases that the other 3 last ACs (Yeah, i still liked the first AC2 lots :) ).

It's just my opinion thought, i can be wrong with my subjective valoration of the saga, but it's the impression it left in me after re-playing all the games recently for the launch of AC3  X3

PD: Did i mention that i loved killing other ppl in the online multiplayer?, because i really do  ovO

I loved AC2. So far, it's my favorite out of the series. I've seen the story of Revelations but haven't played AC3 yet. Brotherhood was pretty good, as well, but AC2 was still more amazing.

And yeah, I'm wondering about the fact that they seem to be focusing so much on the naval battle stuff. :c Hopefully they don't let that take away from the assassin stuff in AC4.

Night Pony

Midnight Breeze

Am I the only one hoping for a female cowgirl assassin in AC5: Wild West?

KireiameJin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Mar 07, 18:53:14
Am I the only one hoping for a female cowgirl assassin in AC5: Wild West?

You just traumed me for live  :'(

Book Smarts

Assassins Creed would meld so well with the Cold War period  :3

Midnight Breeze

There may be some truth to the conspiracy theory that makes up the game's main plot.

Here's Mansa Musa; by far the richest man in human history who died with a net worth of 400 billion USD. By comparison, the richest man today is Carlos Sim, worth 'only' 73 billion USD.

How did he earn his great fortune, I wonder.  O:

Also, funfact: Mansa Musa died in year 1337.

Firey

ooh.....Assassin's Creed....

Let's post something witty

The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

KireiameJin

Quote from: Firey on 2013 Mar 15, 19:09:32

Seems legit  :3

Book Smarts

Quote from: Firey on 2013 Mar 15, 19:09:32

I'm Connor, and this my favorite coffee of the thirteen colonies

Night Pony

First gameplay footage.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Book Smarts

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Mar 25, 15:36:59
First gameplay footage.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

There are still three games in my way before even thinking about this one  D:

Chishio Kunrin

Certainly looks interesting, even more interesting than AC3. I like that there are lots of islands to explore. That was one of the things that made LoZ: Wind Waker fun, that kind of open world with so many other places to discover and explore. The underwater thing is kind of new to AC, so that interests me too. However, thus far, I haven't been too keen on the naval battle aspect of the AC games. It may be something I'll have to get used to and practice.

Night Pony

The AC3 naval battles were tons of fun and everyone has positive feedback on it so more of it isn't bad. I like that we can now dual wield weapons and I'm interested how an assassin can be a pirate too. :D

Go Up