Want to play?

Started by SweBow, 2012 Sep 21, 21:42:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

Ok I'll try and see if I can help in that topic then.

Dawnstar

I had a little trouble logging in initially, but it sounds like a few people are having similar trouble. Cleared up once I got connected for the first time.

Biggest thing I noticed was that in windowed mode my framerate was terrible, but switching to full screen at my desktop resolution cleared up just about all of it. I was actually kind of surprised at how relatively good the framerate was. Of course using the mouse to angle up/down while flying during a frame spike tended to send my pegasus careening in random directions. Was fun.  :D

After that I just ran/flew around a bit to check out all the areas, noticed both obvious and probably less obvious alignment issues with stuff and some things with the character model, but I'm going to save any nitpicking for alpha/beta/etc as you'll no doubt catch most of the stuff I spotted before then. World first, details second.  ^-^

I'll probably nitpick about the chat log and camera/movement controls at some point though as those are probably the two biggest things I like a certain way, but it's just personal preference there, and really depends on what they're like later on.

All in all, I had fun during my little romp and will probably pop on a little more this weekend when I'm not working.

The Wandering Magus

well, the game has been decent so far, especially given it's still pre-alpha.  quite impressive for an in-development.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Lord of Madness

it makes me a bit sad everyone on tumblr thinks this is the full game :T

The Wandering Magus

yes, well, they can say all they want, when the game comes out they will be LOVED AND TOLERATED.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Sep 29, 02:13:46
it makes me a bit sad everyone on tumblr thinks this is the full game :T

But when you log on, it pops up a scroll that SAYS that it's just pre-alpha, not done yet, and in no way represents how the game will be when it's finished! Do they not read?! Is that why they're on Tumblr, just to look at pretty pictures because reading hurts their brains? >A<

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Wandering Magus

:I

takes time.  they'll learn.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Sep 29, 03:49:08 #887 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 29, 03:50:48 by Chishio Kunrin
So, I'm spawned in Ponyville on the Crysalis server. I'm not sure, but I think I see some kind of particle effect above me, as if I'm under a waterfall. I'm under the ground, apparently under a path, according to the minimap, facing the river with a bridge on either side. The minimap says I'm at The Hospital.

I swear, if there is a waterfall above me, that's why I'm lagging so bad. :I I can't move. My fps is wayyyy low. But I took a screenshot, so I guess if I give up, I'll try to save the screenshot to show you what I mean.

Wait, now there's a water effect below me. What? o.O I'm pretty sure that's what that is, at least. But I'm not in or under the river.

The Wandering Magus

o.o  there's no waterfall at the hospital itself... but you might be under a portal :I

Rissian

Try holding space the jump button if it's not too laggy. I've been spawned underneath the ground before and the game has water under the world.

It also made splash effects so holding space should slowly take you out of the ground.

Chishio Kunrin

It's doing that lag where it's frozen, and the screen changes what it's frozen at every once in a while. :l I just hit Esc about a minute or two ago, and the little menu finally came up.

Rissian

2012 Sep 29, 03:55:48 #891 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 29, 03:58:41 by Trege
If you can navigate to the settings with all that lag you can adjust the video settings of the game itself which would help the fps.

With a very laggy screen that may take awhile.

(I kind of wish you could adjust the settings from the login menu it would be much easier for laggy PC's.)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 29, 03:55:48
If you can navigate to the settings with all that lag you can adjust the video settings of the game itself which would help the fps.

With a very laggy screen that may take awhile.

(I kind of wish you could adjust the settings from the login menu it would be much easier for laggy PC's.)

Implement the settings into the login menu after this please! >A< Please, team? Please?

I'm very very very very slowly making my way to the video settings while stuck underground because my pony won't respond to Spacebar due to lag. I'm not exactly sure how I'm gonna slide the sliders when it takes a minute to register a click.
Or for the cursor to even respond. >.< I move my mouse, and then I have to stare at the screen and wait for the cursor to teleport to somewhere.

Rissian

One of the first things you want to try and change is the resolution lowering that can lower a lot of strain on the hardware. So in the video settings see if you can get 640x480. You know if LoE has a config file I could set everything to low then give you that but I don't think it does.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Sep 29, 04:09:30 #894 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 29, 04:11:13 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 29, 04:04:06
One of the first things you want to try and change is the resolution lowering that can lower a lot of strain on the hardware. So in the video settings see if you can get 640x480. You know if LoE has a config file I could set everything to low then give you that but I don't think it does.

If there is one, that might be what Swebow messaged me about, but I think my computer can't find it. :\ Trying my best. For some reason, the chat is updating faster than my cursor and my clicks.

The music's back. It's taking a minute for it to register that I clicked the resolution button.

Rissian

2012 Sep 29, 04:13:22 #895 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 29, 04:17:01 by Trege
It may take awhile depending on what they started the resolution on. I think mine started in 1024 or so and I had to cycle through them all to get to 640x480.

Once you get the resolution set changing servers may also help depending on which one you picked. The Luna server has tons of video lag for me in ponyville. but runs fine in the other ones. like Crysalis that's where I usually am since Luna is stable but laggy,

Chishio Kunrin

Connection timed out while I was waiting for the resolution button to respond. Yay.
Oh joy, it's because when I clicked resolution, it changed to 1152 x 864, so it actually went up. Ok.

I'm way too calm about this. :\

Rissian

2012 Sep 29, 04:18:05 #897 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 29, 04:19:41 by Trege
I wish one of the admins was on they could probably tell us how to change the settings outside the game.  :c

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, I think your idea of being able to change the settings from the login menu is a great idea, and if they can implement that, they really should. They really, really should.

They're learning all sorts of things from this stress test, huh?

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 29, 04:20:30
Yeah, I think your idea of being able to change the settings from the login menu is a great idea, and if they can implement that, they really should. They really, really should.

They're learning all sorts of things from this stress test, huh?

Yeah, it's only natural though since it's what testing is for. What did Swebow tell you anyways? maybe I could figure it out.

Go Up