A notice for those having trouble logging in

Started by Ellowee, 2015 Jan 24, 04:13:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ParasitcSquid

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jan 24, 14:39:53

oops nevermind...

Look's like the whole "We need more servers" thing earlier was right... Hopefully more servers are opened later to counter the loads, still calling it AVoD doe  :]
I used to mainly play as the pony called Twilight Sparkus in the earlier days of LoE but mostly play as the unicorn Mena Green or pegasus Rainy Day now. If you become my friend ingame don't be afraid to message me on here to chat every once and a while!

TheFawn

Quote from: Bluefire_the_lost_prince on 2015 Jan 24, 14:42:38
hey why when i log in im stuck in a birds-eye view of cloudsdale? i cant do anything o.O

This was JUST explained.

Spoiler: show

Ellii

Leo Rave

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jan 24, 14:34:00
doesn't change the fact its a big deal and a wide spread problem so it should have higher priority lol

Actually, since it's such a common problem, the mods/devs are most likely aware of why this is happening as a result of all these players trying to hop into the newly opened servers all at the same time. It's bound to cause overloading problems.  :s
Now, if there was a major problem affecting players (such as "the game literally blew up my PC. wut do?"), then I believe that would be considered a high priority problem.   lol
It's like...we all have minor allergies to eggs, but certain players can eat eggs, and other players can outright die from eating eggs.  o.O
Does that make sense?  X3
Keep The World Raving

Bluefire_the_lost_prince

Quote from: TheFawn on 2015 Jan 24, 14:45:44
This was JUST explained.

Spoiler: show

oh ok ill try to find the post srry  :P

Stuff

This open server weekend is a disaster on wheels right now..
If they don't extend it after this epic fail I think I'm gonna murder a kitten. :l

Cybestry

I've been waiting in the aerial view for about 15 minutes  :l

Colt Zero

The "Standby camera glitch" would be the better way of naming the problem. I figure the name standby camera is more appropriate here as I am a programmer myself, working on my own online 3D project. And the camera you are seeing through while you wait to join map is the default standby camera of the map.

Truth is, I unintentionally incorporated a really similar system of loading maps in my project where when you toggle a new map to load. It will first disconnect you from the server to unload you and every other player currently connected to the map from your client, then it unloads the map and all related elements, then it loads in the new map and all it's elements, putting you in the perspective of that map's standby camera, and then finally it reconnects you, loading in yours and every other player instance connected to the map you are in.

I'm not sure if this is exactly the system that Legends of Equestria uses, but it is the system I use for my project. And visually, the process of switching maps in my project looks quite similar to that of LoE.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Leo Rave on 2015 Jan 24, 14:46:00
Actually, since it's such a common problem, the mods/devs are most likely aware of why this is happening as a result of all these players trying to hop into the newly opened servers all at the same time. It's bound to cause overloading problems.  :s
Now, if there was a major problem affecting players (such as "the game literally blew up my PC. wut do?"), then I believe that would be considered a high priority problem.   lol
It's like...we all have minor allergies to eggs, but certain players can eat eggs, and other players can outright die from eating eggs.  o.O
Does that make sense?  X3
Some What lol
but my screenshot just explained why it was Low ;)

Ponies991087

SpectraDust

ok grate the two servers that work for me are down D:

Plasma Sonico Boom

i keep getting the stuck-in-aerial-view thing too, is this to do with the DDoS attacks ? 8)

Gamer_Shy

cant you guys open all the servers like last time? so ppl can actually PLAY it??

Darkness24

Quote from: Plasma Sonico Boom on 2015 Jan 24, 14:52:18
i keep getting the stuck-in-aerial-view thing too, is this to do with the DDoS attacks ? 8)

Look the post before, they said the attacked stooped earlier this morning, and that the AVD (Aerial View of Doom) is some sort of waiting screen

TheFawn

I do not like the way they executed this issue.

They put it on Facebook, and nowhere else, like they assumed everyone can get on Facebook. I, for example, am not allowed, and I am perfectly okay with that.

Why not put it on your SITE, where EVERYONE LOOKS FOR GAME INFORMATION?!

It's just common sense!

Ellii

GlassMirror

ohh that's why for me it says service listing statues and nothing else O:

Bluefire_the_lost_prince

Quote from: Colt Zero on 2015 Jan 24, 14:47:08
The "Standby camera glitch" would be the better way of naming the problem. I figure the name standby camera is more appropriate here as I am a programmer myself, working on my own online 3D project. And the camera you are seeing through while you wait to join map is the default standby camera of the map.

Truth is, I unintentionally incorporated a really similar system of loading maps in my project where when you toggle a new map to load. It will first disconnect you from the server to unload you and every other player currently connected to the map from your client, then it unloads the map and all related elements, then it loads in the new map and all it's elements, putting you in the perspective of that map's standby camera, and then finally it reconnects you, loading in yours and every other player instance connected to the map you are in.

I'm not sure if this is exactly the system that Legends of Equestria uses, but it is the system I use for my project. And visually, the process of switching maps in my project looks quite similar to that of LoE.

so i just let it sit there?

my_name_is_not

Quote from: TheFawn on 2015 Jan 24, 14:54:22
I do not like the way they executed this issue.

They put it on Facebook, and nowhere else, like they assumed everyone can get on Facebook. I, for example, am not allowed, and I am perfectly okay with that.

Why not put it on your SITE, where EVERYONE LOOKS FOR GAME INFORMATION?!

It's just common sense!

Common sense is absent of the whole OSW, actually...

Leo Rave

So I've been looking at the main screen and I noticed I can drag around the LoE title card around the screen...   :o
Y'all know what I'm going to be doing for the next few minutes.   :P
Keep The World Raving

Lync Volan

well since i am sure its gonna be awhile before more servers show up given it took forever to get 2 more i'm gonna go to bed and hope for the best when i awake~

(y'all hard work trying to make this game work is highly appreciated even tho i don't always show it :])

Thorne Busch

welp, levade has a super long AVD, and the other two servers arent connecting...time to play the waiting game :P
family resemblemance?!

Go Up